Rams OG Davin Joseph: Coach Boudreau Has Challenged Me

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
When he is at his best, what is the high point of Davin Joseph’s game? The St. Louis guard talks to Randy Karraker on 101ESPN. He says Coach Boudreau has challenged him to work on his weaknesses in different ways and get out of his comfort zone.

Listen to Davin Joseph Interview

SierraRam

Recreational User
The contributions of Coach B & GW could be as huge as any draft pick or FA acquisition! Another positive change from the Fish/Snead era.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Boudreau trying to prepare Davin Joseph for the usual UNusual things that always happens to Ram OL'ers each year so much for a comfort zone....Davin!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
After Saturday's game it sure looks as if Joseph needs to readdress his weaknesses. Completely generally ineffectual/inept in his run & pass blocking against the Don Capers Packers 34 defense same could be said about Joe Barksdale game time too.

jjab360

Legend
After Saturday's game it sure looks as if Joseph needs to readdress his weaknesses. Completely generally ineffectual/inept in his run & pass blocking against the Don Capers Packers 34 defense same could be said about Joe Barksdale game time too.
I thought Barksdale played well, why do you think he didn't?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I thought Barksdale played well, why do you think he didn't?
I thought he did too...I didn't see any blown assignments. What'd I miss?

Here what I saw in the two offensive series that Right OT Barksdale & Right OG Joseph were on the field. These are a quick list of right side Runs in first & second series:
1st &10- 2 yd loss
2nd &12- 1yd loss
1st & 10-2 yd loss
3rd & 21- screen pass right side blown up by pass rush pressure/punt
1st & 10- 1 yd gain
1st & goal- Zero yds gained penalty
*Holding by Barksdale.
*Barksdale providing clues to defense on running plays with signaled taps to helmet

In summary on the FIVE right side runs the net gain =4 yd loss/negative.

On the positive side other than two plays where Barksdale permitted pressure into Sam his pass blocking was very solid!

Barksdale was replaced on the 3rd series by Hooey & Joseph was replaced by Bond @ ORG.

jjab360

Legend
Here what I saw in the two offensive series that Right OT Barksdale & Right OG Joseph were on the field. These are a quick list of right side Runs in first & second series:
1st &10- 2 yd loss
2nd &12- 1yd loss
1st & 10-2 yd loss
3rd & 21- screen pass right side blown up by pass rush pressure/punt
1st & 10- 1 yd gain
1st & goal- Zero yds gained penalty
*Holding by Barksdale.
*Barksdale providing clues to defense on running plays with signaled taps to helmet

In summary on the FIVE right side runs the net gain =4 yd loss/negative.

On the positive side other than two plays where Barksdale permitted pressure into Sam his pass blocking was very solid!

Barksdale was replaced on the 3rd series by Hooey & Joseph was replaced by Bond @ ORG.
Wasn't watching him that closely, but just because plays to his side didn't work doesn't mean he didn't do his job. I'll probably go back and watch, but either way Barksdale is the least of our worries based off of his performance last year. Joseph otoh was pretty terrible last year for TB and even in his prime was still a bit overrated. I think we'd be in trouble if he was starting for us at any point in the season. Our biggest problem on the O-line yesterday, imo, was Mike Person at LG playing out of position and overmatched on almost every snap.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wasn't watching him that closely, but just because plays to his side didn't work doesn't mean he didn't do his job. I'll probably go back and watch, but either way Barksdale is the least of our worries based off of his performance last year. Joseph otoh was pretty terrible last year for TB and even in his prime was still a bit overrated. I think we'd be in trouble if he was starting for us at any point in the season. Our biggest problem on the O-line yesterday, imo, was Mike Person at LG playing out of position and overmatched on almost every snap.

I agree with you ...I am not worried bout JB either but the lack of positive run yardage on his side is not a real positive in this game. My original post was addressing weakness. if JB is tipping info to the defense that the play is a run and where that run is going......I think I would not be wrong to hold him highly responsible to the overall ZERO run efficiency would I not? Thus my earlier accertions that JB certainly needs to address his actions would you agree?

Joseph has not shown me much after two preseason games @ his sole working post @ ORG, so I might worry about Joseph being in @ ORG if he continues his lackluster run performance but if JB is tipping off the defense maybe Joseph is not so bad.

Person having played four positions in TC & OTA's plus playing 3 different OL position in one pre season is a positive when compared to what will be demanded from him as top reserve. I would note & agree with you that his play Saturday @ OLG is not up to his positive play @ OC & OLT but his play in the Packer game had so many more pluses than negatives due to the overall LARGE body of work in which to judge him from....played 100% of all offensive snaps! In comparison to other OL'er (starters & non starters).

Last edited: