Rams Offensive MVP 2012

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
To me; it's probably a 2 person race.

Sam Bradford

Steven Jackson

While we saw some great performances from Amendola and Givens, Bradford and Jackson played all 16 games and contributed to our success ON OFFENSE more than anyone.

Honorable Mention; Lance Kendricks, Barry Richardson and Rob Turner (the lone constants on the oline)

superfan24

Starter
I'd give it to SJ, but I am completely surprised by how effective Givens has been. Definitely makes up from the lack of productivity from Quick. Did not see this coming at all.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
superfan24 said:
I'd give it to SJ, but I am completely surprised by how effective Givens has been. Definitely makes up from the lack of productivity from Quick. Did not see this coming at all.

Agreed.

Seeing the two with my own eyes yesterday, I came away very impressed with Givens. I thought he looked thicker in person and was consistently able to beat coverage(Although sometimes he did dance too much at the line for my liking). Quick looks the part, but when I keyed in on him I didnt see him win one on one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hard to pick an MVP on an offense this anemic, but I suppose Bradford would have to be the guy. He did just about everything he could with what he had to work with. And that's not a slight on any particular player. His line was beat up early on, receivers missed time or were streaky, and he had a pretty stout schedule to work with. Never lost a game on his own, frequently put his team in a position to succeed, and managed the offense really well.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sam Bradford.

Jackson is always in the discussion for offensive MVP, but I thought Bradford took some big steps forward after being killed last year. Led the team down several clutch drives in 4th quarters to take the lead or tie the game. He still needs help around him, but he should break out next year in a big way after more talent is added and he actually gets to move into year two of a system.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yup it's Sam.

Givens had that 5 game streak, but tapered off at the end (except for his slant route).

Sam has done so much this year, with constant changing parts. He's had his misses for sure, but overall a big part in the wins.

Runner up would be Lance Kendricks.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I could justify Bradford, he gave us the performance I think we all hoped he would after the disasterous McXperiment last year. I like Kendricks in an upset though.

His numbers don't jump off the page at you, but to start the year he was performing a new role as an in-line blocker and saved Sam's bacon while the line attempted to overcome another rash of injuries. Then he overcame his own struggles of last year with drops and became a reliable safety valve for Sam. Big step up for this dude in year two.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Team MVP: SJax (it's still his team)
Offensive: Bradford
Defensive: Jenkins (He single handedly won two games for us)
Most Improved: Kendricks
O Rook: Givens
D Rook: Brockers (but only because Jenkins already took home a title)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HitStick said:

I'll play off your slant with this;

Defensive: Finnegan
D Rook: Jenkins

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd still have to say SJ. Bradford stepped up for sure and I think it will be him next year. I just think the will and determination Jack showed on this (sorry to say) still pretty pathetic offense, is hard to quantify by looking at his stats alone.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Bradford. He played his best in tight games and in the 4th quarter. SJ and Lance Kendricks are close seconds for me. I hope everyone realizes how good of an all-around and versatile tight end Kendricks has become. It appears as if he has a very bright future ahead of him.

Speeps

Starter
Sam Bradford hands down. His growth this season has been tremendous.

I think Fisher said something very interesting in his press conference today. He said that in the Seattle game they put a lot on Sam in terms of the sugar huddle and calling plays from scrimmage. He also said, thats a glimpse into the future for what their plan is for Sam.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
CGI_Ram said:
HitStick said:

I'll play off your slant with this;

Defensive: Finnegan
D Rook: Jenkins

Sounds fun. I'll try my hand:

Team MVP: Jackson.
Offensive Player of the Year: Bradford. Amendola and Jackson are honorable mentions.
Defensive Player of the Year: Laurinaitis. Long, Mikell, and Finnegan are honorable mentions.
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Givens. Honorable mention goes to Richardson.
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Brockers. Honorable mention goes to Jenkins.
Most Improved Player: Kendricks. Quinn and Saffold are honorable mentions.
Biggest Surprise: Dunbar. Honorable mention goes to Hayes.
Comeback Player of the Year: Amendola. Honorable mention goes to Bradford.
Coach of the Year: Paul Boudreau. Honorable mention goes to Blake Williams.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Damn if Rodger Saffold had played all season I'd have to nominate him.

Drumroll... Prestige Worldwide...Sammy B and SJax.