Rams offensive linemen know they have to help

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Think Jrry answered this...he's referring to the o-line...

Where's this posted? Barnes is hurt?

I'm actually interested in how he plays. He's been here a while now...

Gurley has 1 game of rushing over 100 yards since Keenum took over as starting QB. ONE... Let that sink in...

Not really worried about O-Line and pass pro...I'm excited about how this loosens the box for Gurley....and extends the routes of Britt & Quick. I think the offense will finally get a boost.

I think Lance Kendrick said Goff needs to let the big WR make plays down field.Womder if that means he will be protecting Goff more ?
Tim Barnes was hurt last Sunday,& I saw photos of Rhaney in with the First team. Not for sure about Barnes health for Sunday though

--Gurley best game rushing for yards was 85yrds on 27 carries against Tampa Bay . An 18 yard run against Carolina was his longest of the season, which to me is crazy after watching him play his first 4 games as a rookie last season.
-The offensive line is supposedly better this season. These are the projected starters from last season, & have played all season with each other healthy. In which in it own self has to be a record over the last 10 years.When have they had a healthy Offensive Line for so many games ?? --Barnes ? Brown ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You won't be hearing me chant that. Dude can't stay physically healthy let alone play an (actual) NFL snap.

You could be right ? If you looked at the last game he played , fans & teammates were saying it. The kid can catch a football none the less.
Petros was saying how sad it is that The Rams invested all that money in Tavon when he can't even run the right route tree. He gets lost with his size. Then when you see him miss simple passes it hurts.I've seen at least 4 or 5 3rd down drops in the last 2 seasons.
Tavon is a flash & very talented.Can take is to the house almost anytime.He is just not consistent at all. He will be the first to admit it.Will see if Jared can find him in space ??

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it now .

I guess your trying to give Goff an out. Keenum played well under the offensive line as far as not getting sacked.
-- The preseason I think the O' line played a bigger part of Goff not starting right away. He took a couple big hits.
-- The offense as a whole is just messed up.Keenum on some timing plays put the ball right there,but some bad drops.Then he has his bad throws,because he does not have the best arm strength . The holds have hurt , but lack of run game is surprising.
-- Peete as RB coach ?? He turned the rookie of the year into what ?? Surprising Todd Gurley has not rushed for 100 yards in a game this season. In a run first offense.

No. It's pretty clear what I'm saying. The OL has known all year that they're not playing well. They have yet to fix it. I don't have any confidence in that changing this week. Has nothing to do with Goff. Their pass protection is solid. It has everything to do with Gurley. This isn't about Goff vs. Keenum. Keenum's ineffective play is in the rear-view mirror.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
You could be right ? If you looked at the last game he played , fans & teammates were saying it. The kid can catch a football none the less.
Petros was saying how sad it is that The Rams invested all that money in Tavon when he can't even run the right route tree. He gets lost with his size. Then when you see him miss simple passes it hurts.I've seen at least 4 or 5 3rd down drops in the last 2 seasons.
Tavon is a flash & very talented.Can take is to the house almost anytime.He is just not consistent at all. He will be the first to admit it.Will see if Jared can find him in space ??

Sunday we will see how Goff operates, and see how he utilizes people on the field. I'm sure Goff can make Austin prove his worth.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No. It's pretty clear what I'm saying. The OL has known all year that they're not playing well. They have yet to fix it. I don't have any confidence in that changing this week. Has nothing to do with Goff. Their pass protection is solid. It has everything to do with Gurley. This isn't about Goff vs. Keenum. Keenum's ineffective play is in the rear-view mirror.

Their pass pro has slipped to the bottom third now, they're around 23rd in sacks allowed but passing attempts are even lower.

That said, the difference between that ranking and, say, 15th might be improved with a quick release. It's gonna come down to how hard Goff has been studying I think. If he's killed it on the protections and is ready I do think the line will look a little better, but we'll have to wait and see.

Good thing here is that Goff is a natural at keeping his eyes downfield when the rush is on. And that might make a lot of defenses back it off, gonna be interesting.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I'll agree how bad the run game is,but I think it is not as much as it is the players.
-- I froze Saffold talking to G. Rob about his play. Then later in the game there was a stunt that G Robbstayed home . Saffold didn't pick it up the stunt.
Rob Havenstein has not been the same since his injury,but I think he is getting better.
Skip Peete has not really helped the run game ??
The O'line coach did good before Fisher,but since coming back from Atlanta has done nothing for the O'line play .
Gurley is not reading the wholes like he did last season. He should be doing a Gatorade commercial.He use to always hydrate all the time. Now in interviews he is not doing the same. Could be a good Phyco thing to help him ??
--Don't understand the lack of the run game ???

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll agree how bad the run game is,but I think it is not as much as it is the players.
-- I froze Saffold talking to G. Rob about his play. Then later in the game there was a stunt that G Robbstayed home . Saffold didn't pick it up the stunt.
Rob Havenstein has not been the same since his injury,but I think he is getting better.
Skip Peete has not really helped the run game ??
The O'line coach did good before Fisher,but since coming back from Atlanta has done nothing for the O'line play .
Gurley is not reading the wholes like he did last season. He should be doing a Gatorade commercial.He use to always hydrate all the time. Now in interviews he is not doing the same. Could be a good Phyco thing to help him ??
--Don't understand the lack of the run game ???

Gurley reading the holes isn't the problem right now. I was talking to non-Rams fans who watch All-22 like I do. They felt the same way. Gurley is hitting where the hole is designed to be or tries to until penetration blows the play up. The OL simply isn't executing as a unit.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Gurley reading the holes isn't the problem right now. I was talking to non-Rams fans who watch All-22 like I do. They felt the same way. Gurley is hitting where the hole is designed to be or tries to until penetration blows the play up. The OL simply isn't executing as a unit.

Fair !! Maybe the play should go in another direction. I don' think they pull enough. The Rams play calling seems to be a lot worse this season.I don't see a lot of change of direction. Want to pound the rock straight at the D'line.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Sorry if I rant. Truth be told ,Sunday is a huge game moving forward in The Rams future. I''m really excited about it.In a sense a little nervous, only because it will paint such a big picture.
The offensive line,Gurley,Tavon,KB,Quickie,& even Coop . Higbee was Goff's roommate in camp & actual is starting to look a little more comfortable . Exciting time !!