Rams offense was 'not even close' to good enough in 2nd half vs. Dallas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
usatsi_13227903.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 10 hours ago

Saturday’s preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys got off to a much better start offensively for the Los Angeles Rams than their first matchup with the Raiders. There were fewer drops, Darrell Henderson looked more comfortable and Blake Bortles led them to a touchdown.
In the second half, however, things went awry. The Rams were shut out in the final 30 minutes by Dallas and struggled to do much of anything offensively. They had three first downs and 71 total yards in the second half, which left Sean McVay dissatisfied.

He’s not making any excuses for the majority of the players being first- and second-year players, either.
“First half was good. The second half was really sloppy and not even close to the standard we expect to operate at,” McVay said Saturday. “I’m not talking about whether you end up scoring points. I’m talking about not beating yourself with things that take no talent. You’ve heard us talk about that before. Those are things that we’ve just got to do a better job with. You can say what you want with some younger players but we expect them to ascend quickly. They’ve got to do a good job of making sure that we get those things cleaned up and that’s both coaches and players, collectively.”
Brandon Allen and John Wolford (briefly) were the quarterbacks in the second half. Allen did have 115 yards passing in the game, but he also threw an interception and made some questionable decisions.
His 5.5 yards per attempt left a lot to be desired, especially with the receivers turning in a solid performance. McVay liked what he saw in the first half, but as for the final two quarters, McVay said the Rams “have to get a lot better in all phases of the offense.”

Many of the players who were on the field in the second half won’t be on the team come September and if they are, they won’t contribute much. But that’s no excuse for a shaky performance against the Cowboys’ backups.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My God, I can't wait when the regular season starts. It's McVay's job to be dissatisfied and try to get players to be better. But DaSilva, dude....take a few weeks off, why don't you?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
At first I thought someone was trolling regarding the playoff game. I was about to be pissssed lol.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
I watch one quarter then pick up Steinbeck's "Cannery Row." One of the better comic novels I've ever read and much more fun than preseason or exhibition games. Go Rams!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I went to the game since I live in Hawaii. The first half was interesting but once Brandon Allen left the game, I told a friend that the final score will be 14-10. #9 couldn't do anything and the play calling was so vanilla.

I did have a good laugh as I heard some cowboy fans saying the cowboys look really strong beating the Rams who went to the Super bowl last season.