Rams offense looks to take next step with Jared Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
EastRam said:
X said:
albefree69 said:
nighttrain offered an excuse:
no QB Albe, what's a receiver gonna do?

Fitz threw 306 completions for 3,400 yards with a 60.6% completion rate.
Locker threw 177 completions for 2,176 yards with a 56.4% completion rate.

Their QBs threw 483 completions and could only manage 44 to Cook? I'm not buying that.
Fitz?

Sent via Tapatalk2.
Ryan Fitzpatrick
And he has what to do with the Titans and Cook exactly?
Don't mind Albe he's still celebrating St Fitzpatricks Day.
You know where all the Hasselbecks dress up like they're Irish

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
X said:
:popcorn:
Well, to be fair, Fitzpatrick is the Titans QB -- Now. But he didn't have anything to do with the Locker/Hasselbeck failure that was the 2011-2012 Tennessee Titans. I think Cook was a bit underutilized, and a bit handicapped by the underwhelming offense they had there at the time. Fisher and Snead see what can be if he ends up with a better QB throwing the ball to him, and with better outside options to take the focus away from him. This isn't so much about Cook as it is the offense. Mismatches, high-low reads, and speed/size combinations on the field all at the same time.

I think we're going to be very pleasantly surprised by the uptick in offensive production this season.
Very much so.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
:popcorn:
Well, to be fair, Fitzpatrick is the Titans QB -- Now. But he didn't have anything to do with the Locker/Hasselbeck failure that was the 2011-2012 Tennessee Titans. I think Cook was a bit underutilized, and a bit handicapped by the underwhelming offense they had there at the time. Fisher and Snead see what can be if he ends up with a better QB throwing the ball to him, and with better outside options to take the focus away from him. This isn't so much about Cook as it is the offense. Mismatches, high-low reads, and speed/size combinations on the field all at the same time.

I think we're going to be very pleasantly surprised by the uptick in offensive production this season.
Very much so.

Agreed. I was just flickin Albe a little shit. His point is legit - though not about Fitz. I do think though that A) there was some pretty pathetic QB play - especially when throwing across the middle or over the top. B) I'm not sure their offensive game planned to use him as a real weapon.

All that being said, I had the same thoughts as Albe brought up when the talk was that we were going after him. If he's such a freak, who WOULDN'T use him as a weapon? Then I looked at what they've done since he's been there. Aside from Washington in 2011, they really haven't used ANYONE as a weapon. Interestingly enough, Cook had his best year then as well.

So my impression is that Sam is far more accurate than anything he has had throwing to him, I think he WILL be used as a weapon as it also plays into Sam's game, and I think we will have at least one other receiver emerge as another real weapon and thus he they will compliment each other.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X trying to let me off the hook gently:

Very much so.

:2funny: :plzstop: :hahaha: :=:) :lull: :wootwoot:

Obviously I did that on purpose just to see if anyone was paying attention. Anyone buy that? :what:

I think I'll redo that reply as soon as I can find stats that agree with me. That might not be as easy as it sounds so don't anyone hold their breaths waiting. :boing:

EastRam

Pro Bowler
t123070.gif

nighttrain

Legend
albefree69 said:
nighttrain offered an excuse:
no QB Albe, what's a receiver gonna do?

Fitz threw 306 completions for 3,400 yards with a 60.6% completion rate.
Locker threw 177 completions for 2,176 yards with a 56.4% completion rate.

Their QBs threw 483 completions and could only manage 44 to Cook? I'm not buying that.
Fitz threw those with Buffalo last season, really doubt he completed any to Cook, now that Locker guy, he da man
train