Rams offense looks to take next step with Jared Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Brian Feldman
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kmov.com/sports/football/Rams-offense-looks-to-take-next-step-with-Jared-Cook-210487511.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kmov.com/sports/football/Ram ... 87511.html</a>

JaredCook11.jpg

EARTH CITY - It took about four and a half seconds for QB Sam Bradford to figure out how good free agent tight end Jared Cook is.

"He's good. I don't know if you guys noticed that. He's good," Bradford said. "Cook's been great so far. Just that added dimension of (tight end) Lance (Kendricks) and now that we've got (Cook) that's a lot of speed. He's a big body running down the middle of the field.

"It's going to be hard for people to match up with him. If they want to put a (middle) linebacker on him we'll take that matchup all day. It's just going to give us the ability to open up the playbook and stretch the middle of the field and put stress on the defense."

Cook's speed is what sets him apart from other's at his position. He claims to run a 4.49 in the 40-yard dash. But he's always been listed as a tight end, though the Rams could use him in other roles.

So, what position is he? Is he a tight end, a wide receiver or a hybrid of the two?

"A really fast tight end," Cook said.

The new addition on offense is just as smitten with his quarterback as his quarterback is with him. Cook says "all the rumors are true" regarding Bradford. He adds that anytime Bradford misses a throw in practice they ask if he's feeling okay.

With recent draftees Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey along with Cook, the Rams offense should test a lot of teams deep this year.

nighttrain

Legend
The new addition on offense is just as smitten with his quarterback as his quarterback is with him. Cook says "all the rumors are true" regarding Bradford. He adds that anytime Bradford misses a throw in practice they ask if he's feeling okay.

Nice compliment by our new top dog.
train

jjab360

Legend
"Claims to run a 4.49"? I'm pretty sure that's a fact according to the 2009 NFL scouting combine.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Really think if Bradford gets some time this year he will shine. Just needs enough time to go through his reads and he hasn't had that yet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jjab360 said:
"Claims to run a 4.49"? I'm pretty sure that's a fact according to the 2009 NFL scouting combine.
That's the fact, Jack.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
You would think that the Titans would have found some way to better utilize him. I'm aware of the circumstances but still...it makes me wary.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
albefree69 said:
You would think that the Titans would have found some way to better utilize him. I'm aware of the circumstances but still...it makes me wary.

Yeah - well my glass is more than half full. :neener:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Well somebody has to keep a cool head. I represent the older wiser crowd.

RustyRay

Rookie
Freak athlete....something the Rams has desperately needed for the O and Sam for awhile...This O has serious speed and size...talent everywhere how quickly has Fisher and Snead changed the dynamic? Just over a year and this team is so much more talented then when he took it over...

Real football guys and a real football coach make the Rams a real team again...thank goodness.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
albefree69 said:
The titans build their offensive plans with 2 blocking TEs fisher wanted to utilize him more in Tennessee but what bud adams wants bud adams gets hes a jerry jones wannabe

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RustyRay said:
Freak athlete....something the Rams has desperately needed for the O and Sam for awhile...This O has serious speed and size...talent everywhere how quickly has Fisher and Snead changed the dynamic? Just over a year and this team is so much more talented then when he took it over...

Real football guys and a real football coach make the Rams a real team again...thank goodness.

The rams have serious speed in many different sizes. That means they can attack defenses in many different ways.

You got big corners to negate our big men. No problem, austin and givens well rip you to shreds. You wanna use small nippy corners to cover austin and givens, then cook, quick, pettis and kendricks will hurt you.

The rams have it all covered.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Rabid Ram observed:
The titans build their offensive plans with 2 blocking TEs fisher wanted to utilize him more in Tennessee but what bud adams wants bud adams gets hes a jerry jones wannabe

Crappy owners are the bane of good coaches. With so many examples around you'd think they'd wise up. Their ego won't let them of course. That's OK cause their loss is our gain. Hello Mr. Cook! :yahoo:

nighttrain

Legend
albefree69 said:
no QB Albe, what's a receiver gonna do?
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
nighttrain offered an excuse:

Fitz threw 306 completions for 3,400 yards with a 60.6% completion rate.
Locker threw 177 completions for 2,176 yards with a 56.4% completion rate.

Their QBs threw 483 completions and could only manage 44 to Cook? I'm not buying that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:

Their QBs threw 483 completions and could only manage 44 to Cook? I'm not buying that.
Fitz?

Sent via Tapatalk2.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
X said:
albefree69 said:

Fitz?

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Sent via Tapatalk2.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I am going to bring out my inner luigi.

HILARIOUS.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
kurtfaulk said:

I am going to bring out my inner luigi.

HILARIOUS.

+1000

Sent via Tapatalk2.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
EastRam said:
X said:
albefree69 said:

Fitz?

Sent via Tapatalk2.
Ryan Fitzpatrick
And he has what to do with the Titans and Cook exactly?