Rams O Line Game 1: guesses

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
If Jake Long isn't healthy, here is my line for 1-2 games
LT needs smart and agile and run blocking "enough". Barret Jones couldn't run block against 330 lb nose
tackles, but agaisnt 275 lb ends and angle blocking DT's he should be ok.

LT Barret Jones
LG Greg RObinson
C-Wells
RG Saffold
RT Joe "all the skills' Barksdale

I think keeping the other 4 intact will be more important. I saw Barret Jones as a LT, and he was ok, and now he is stronger, and assuming we don't have 7 step drops too much, he will be ok for a few games.

Good thing Boudreau knows more than me!!!

jjab360

Legend
I really don't see Jones starting at LT anytime in the near future. He's pretty much a pure interior OLman in my mind, even though he did spend a little time at LT at Bama. He doesn't have the feet or athleticism to do so in the pros, though, imo, guys like Quinn (or close to Quinn considering he is the best) would eat him alive.

Rams seem really intent on keeping Saffold at OG even though he's proven he could play LT, so I think that it would be Barksdale or big Greg at LT if Long can't go in week 1. Then I think the guy we got from the Panthers would start at LG or RT depending on which one we move to LT.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It better be this:

LT...Jake Long
LG...Greg Robinson
C...Scott Wells
RG...Rodger Saffold
RT...Joe "I need to be better" Barksdale

With the blocking dutchman Mitchell Van Dyk pushing Barksdale everyday! If Long is not ready than Saffold goes to LT and Barrett Jones starts @ RG.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Saffold would be at tackle before Jones would be.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Both Saffold and Robinson would be the LT before Jones

If Long is back in time:
Long
Robinson
Wells
Saffold
Barksdale

If Long is unable to play to start the season
Robinson
Jones
Wells
Saffold
Barksdale

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I wonder who will play LT during the preseason games.

Memphis Ram

Legend
First two weeks?

LT Rodger Saffold
LG Greg Robinson
C Barrett Jones
RG David Joseph (free agent pickup)
RT Jerome Barksdale

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I don't see any realistic scenario if Long isn't ready that doesn't involve Saffold playing Tackle at some point. The only alternative would be flop Barks and move Robinson to RT. But that weakens more positions. Best 5 plays.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
First two weeks?

LT Rodger Saffold
LG Greg Robinson
C Barrett Jones
RT Jerome Barksdale
Did we pick-up Joseph, and I missed it or is this 'Wishful' thinking on your part?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
If Jake Long isn't healthy, here is my line for 1-2 games
LT needs smart and agile and run blocking "enough". Barret Jones couldn't run block against 330 lb nose
tackles, but agaisnt 275 lb ends and angle blocking DT's he should be ok.

LT Barret Jones
LG Greg RObinson
C-Wells
RG Saffold
RT Joe "all the skills' Barksdale

I think keeping the other 4 intact will be more important. I saw Barret Jones as a LT, and he was ok, and now he is stronger, and assuming we don't have 7 step drops too much, he will be ok for a few games.

Good thing Boudreau knows more than me!!!

IMHO no way does Jones start at LT.

LT - Saffold
LG - Robinson
C - Wells
RG- Jones
RT- Barksdale

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
EVERYTHING I've heard says Long is on schedule to start the season.

So until I hear differently, I fully expect Long/Robinson/Wells/Saffold/Barksdale.

If he did get dinged up though, I'd go with those who would move Saffold back to LT, then put whoever's best of what's left at RG.

Wonderboy

Rookie
Yea I'm not sure why you'd start Jones at LT when he projects more as a guard and we have three other NFL pedigree tackles including Saffold who has played it well in the past.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I really don't see Jones starting at LT anytime in the near future. He's pretty much a pure interior OLman in my mind, even though he did spend a little time at LT at Bama. He doesn't have the feet or athleticism to do so in the pros, though, imo, guys like Quinn (or close to Quinn considering he is the best) would eat him alive.

Rams seem really intent on keeping Saffold at OG even though he's proven he could play LT, so I think that it would be Barksdale or big Greg at LT if Long can't go in week 1. Then I think the guy we got from the Panthers would start at LG or RT depending on which one we move to LT.

Yeah, I'm not even sure if Barrett Jones will be able to play guard at this level much less tackle.

If Long isn't ready I think you'll see Saffold-Robinson-Wells-Vet FA-Barksdale

We'll sign at least one veteran OL. Someone like Davin Joseph or Daryn Colledge.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
First two weeks?

LT Rodger Saffold
LG Greg Robinson
C Barrett Jones
RT Jerome Barksdale

I don't want to see Rodger at tackle anymore, at all. He just gets hurt way too much playing the position.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want to see Rodger at tackle anymore, at all. He just gets hurt way too much playing the position.

Agreed, but that is what the Rams will do unless Robinson surprises them.

I pray Jake is ready for the season opener.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Did we pick-up Joseph, and I missed it or is this 'Wishful' thinking on your part?

If I were a gambling man, I'd be the farm that the Rams are going to bring in another veteran Olineman this offseason. (And probably to replace what may soon be a cap casualty in Wells). I just picked Joseph.