Rams notes: Snead gives thumbs-up to Kroenke/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm going to add that using derogatory terms toward current Rams players, coaches, front office, AND ownership is and always has been against the rules and vibe of this site.

If you want to spew a bunch of hate toward Stan or anyone else currently with the team, take it elsewhere. Think what you will of the moderators, owners, and originators of this site but we proudly consider ourselves homers and always have. You can find plenty of other sites that will allow you to bash people within this organization. Here is not the place.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I'm going to add that using derogatory terms toward current Rams players, coaches, front office, AND ownership is and always has been against the rules and vibe of this site.

If you want to spew a bunch of hate toward Stan or anyone else currently with the team, take it elsewhere. Think what you will of the moderators, owners, and originators of this site but we proudly consider ourselves homers and always have. You can find plenty of other sites that will allow you to bash people within this organization. Here is not the place.
Agree 100%, 503. This place was started to get away from this kind of nonsense. I understand the frustration, but what Stu says is right. Wrong place for it. Rams Homer right here.

GO RAMS!!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agree 100%, 503. This place was started to get away from this kind of nonsense. I understand the frustration, but what Stu says is right. Wrong place for it. Rams Homer right here.

GO RAMS!!!!
Thanks man and thanks for your earlier comment. I think it kind of woke me up.

Yours truly,

Rams Homer

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

I would honestly take it a step further and wish derogatory terms weren't used towards anyone regardless of their Rams affiliation. Its really tiresome when parts of the board are dedicating entire threads to complete nonsensical hate.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would honestly take it a step further and wish derogatory terms weren't used towards anyone regardless of their Rams affiliation. Its really tiresome when parts of the board are dedicating entire threads to complete nonsensical hate.
If you don't mind, PM me with examples as to what you are referring. I'll check it out and get back to you.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A little side note on Stan. His company name THF stands for To Have Fun.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
A little side note on Stan. His company name THF stands for To Have Fun.
YEAH and once they get it together, and they will we're all gonna have fun. Stans fortune didn't come because he married an heiress, when he and Ann met his father in law was just starting . They had 24 stores when Stan was 20 and their annual sales were like 12.4 million a year, a time when one good sized successful retail store would produce about 2,5 million a year , doing the math they were moving half that per store owing a great deal to their low price commitment . FWIW their competitors hated them. but their success came from raising the standard of living of the lower earners .
Like Walt Disney he came from humble beginnings and in the end most people who achieve the sort of success they have, money is a by product of their drive to see their vision to fruition, a drive like his doesn't go away when it hits a magic number. When looking at Stans tenure as majority owner ,and BTW he isn't sole owner he owns 95% so he owes the minority partners management that gives them an acceptable ROI, he has been a very good citizen and spared no expense in trying to make this team a class org..If the StL market can't pay enough to maintain those goals and he leaves them here it will be an act of charity .
I too am a self admitted "homer" but my actual home is here, so if the Rams move and another team moves in I suppose my primary rooting interest will be geographic just like becoming a Rams homer after the Cards moved out and the Rams moved in . I will always be a Ram fan due in no small part to the solid friendships you can and do form here.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
If you don't mind, PM me with examples as to what you are referring. I'll check it out and get back to you.
I looked into it from recent memory and it may not be as extreme as I made it out to be.

Edit: I'll add that I appreciate the mods and other community posters doing their part to prevent the random "turd" from infesting this place like what seems to occur on many other boards. This one does the best job at cleaning all of that up and dumping it. I appreciate the hard work.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
St. Louis-born fan here. I have total faith in Stan, and I don't give a shit if he moves them out of St. Louis to L.A., London, Ethiopia, Antarctica, or Venus. Wherever the Rams go, I'll follow. I just want them to win. Become a true dynasty, and not the shit that Georgia put them through.

And I laugh at anyone who thinks that Shadid Khan has any kind of honor. He gained his wealth through shady dealings, and, like 503 said, utterly screwed over smaller businesses. He's almost as bad as Daniel Snyder.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And I laugh at anyone who thinks that Shadid Khan has any kind of honor.
Jaguars owner gets all confused about how blackmail works, threatens self if state money is denied

Posted on February 23, 2015 by Neil deMause
http://www.fieldofschemes.com/2015/...orks-threatens-self-if-state-money-is-denied/

Not to be left out in all the California stadium excitement, the owners of the Jacksonville Jaguars are levying some threats of their own, saying that if the Florida state legislature doesn’t approve $30 million in renovation subsidies over the next 30 years, they just won’t renovate at all! Yeah! That’ll show ‘em!

As Noah Pransky of Shadow of the Stadium pointed out on Friday, though, this is a pretty stupid threat:

The Jaguars’ own subsidy application claims the $18 million club upgrade would net the team an additional $2.3 million per year (plus the naming rights).

So, assuming Khan has no trouble financing a construction loan, the Jags could conceivably just pay for the profitable club renovations themselves now and make their investment back in 10-15 years. The state, however, would need about 200 years to recoup its investment based on its 6% sales tax cut of that “new” revenue.

So: A football team is considering a renovation plan that would both pay for itself and turn a small profit, but decided to ask the state to pay for instead, because then it would turn a large profit. And if the state doesn’t agree to it, the team owner will refuse to go ahead with the renovation, costing the state next to nothing but himself a good bit more. I wonder if he also has a gub.

Screen-Shot-2012-11-01-at-4.18.13-PM.png