Rams notes: Snead gives thumbs-up to Kroenke/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
While I certainly have a healthy respect and appreciation for Rams' history, it is true I wasn't a diehard fan until they moved to STL.

And I can understand why LA Rams fans don't care for Georgia as it could easily be argued she drove the Rams out of LA.

But none of the above negates the truth of my original post. I.e., the only Super Bowl trophy in the team's history occurred on her watch. And that the team has not had so much as a winning season under Kroenke's watch.

So, I don't see how any Rams fan can be a fan of Kroenke at this point....except for those who are hoping and praying he moves them back to LA.

Edit: P.S. Nothing in my original post should be construed as 'my preference'. It was simply a statement of facts.

She killed her husband, and kicked his son out of the business despite her husband being one of the best in the business and he grooming his son to take over. She was a gold digging bitch and she ran the team into the ground for an entire decade. She didn't build the GSOT. She stood by and watched it happen and then stood by and watched JZ and Shaw dismantle it. I despise that woman's memory and all of the dismay she brought Rams fans doesn't go away because of the GSOT. You really dont know enough or have enough invested. But the whole argument you use is similar to saying Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino because Dilfer won a Superbowl.

BTW I live in PA so moving the team to or from LA makes no difference to me.

FrankenRam

Starter
She killed her husband, and kicked his son out of the business despite her husband being one of the best in the business and he grooming his son to take over. She was a gold digging bitch and she ran the team into the ground for an entire decade. She didn't build the GSOT. She stood by and watched it happen and then stood by and watched JZ and Shaw dismantle it. I despise that woman's memory and all of the dismay she brought Rams fans doesn't go away because of the GSOT. You really dont know enough or have enough invested. But the whole argument you use is similar to saying Trent Dilfer was a better QB than Dan Marino because Dilfer won a Superbowl.

I lived through 20 yr of Bill Bidwill. I think I know bad ownership when I see it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well then you should recognize Georgia for what she was. She and Bill would have got along famously.
I think rather than using Bidwell as a bad example he's a perfect example of a relocation that was forced by the press and a city upon a man who did not have the resources to build his own stadium struggled in the early years but finally got a great stadium deal, and wonder of wonders his team is now very competitive.
I'm satisfied that Kroenke is only seeing to the profitability of his franchise and that's all Bidwell was doing

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
St. Louis fans might not be liking Kroenke right now. But LA fans might love him in a couple years.

FrankenRam

Starter
I think rather than using Bidwell as a bad example he's a perfect example of a relocation that was forced by the press and a city upon a man who did not have the resources to build his own stadium struggled in the early years but finally got a great stadium deal, and wonder of wonders his team is now very competitive.
I'm satisfied that Kroenke is only seeing to the profitability of his franchise and that's all Bidwell was doing

Bidwill did nothing to make the city want to help him. If anyone thinks Rams' drafting/talent procurement has been bad, they ought to go look at STL Cards' history under Bidwill & George Boone. I would literally trust many on this forum to do a better job of evaluating talent than that team did.

And....the AZ Cards didn't become successful until Boone was long gone, and the old man turned the football operations over to his son. And it still took them what...close to 20 yr to get a new stadium in AZ.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Bidwill did nothing to make the city want to help him. If anyone thinks Rams' drafting/talent procurement has been bad, they ought to go look at STL Cards' history under Bidwill & George Boone. I would literally trust many on this forum to do a better job of evaluating talent than that team did.

And....the AZ Cards didn't become successful until Boone was long gone, and the old man turned the football operations over to his son. And it still took them what...close to 20 yr to get a new stadium in AZ.
SINCE you basically reaffirmed my statement that they struggled at first I guess your main reason for this reply is to vent about the Cards drafting I suppose you are paying the most attention to their futility at QB until they drafted Neil Lomax,but they had some great hits Dierdorf the cornerstone of an offensive line that surrendered 8 sacks in a 14 game season, Otis Anderson who was a Super Bowl MVP and broke Earl Campbells rookie running record, JV Cain who was the equivalent Of any top tight end playing today until his untimely death,Terry Metcalf,Roger Wehrli, Mel Grey,EJ Junior,Johnny Roland,Louis Sharpe I could name more but in the end while not the best not the worst and FWIW a lot of the poor drafting was a result of the fact that about all the money Bidwell had was tied up in the team after purchasing his brothers share so the scouting budget certainly suffered.I'm sure you can conjure names like Jim Germany,Clyde Duncan, or Steve Pisarkawicz then again they drafted Joe Namath and lost the bidding war to the Jets.
Tom Barnidge and Rich Koster led the charge to run them out of town but your contention that he did nothing for St.Louis is dead wrong I am willing to bet Bidwell spent a larger portion of his net wealth on charities than most if not all the current NFL owners. Bottom line you can't SAY you are an NFL city you have to prove it.
As far as the Ed Most if not all of the of the people who negotiated that lease aren't there anymore and because the convention center business has grown more profitable IMO no one wants the Rams out more than ANYONE IS THEM is THE CVB.

Bidwell was like Stan the complete opposite of the publicity hounds like Jerruh or Lil Dan and just wouldn't defend himself in the press who I've already alluded to as being hostile. The Bidwells have kept the team in the family and struggled to do so, I wasn't their biggest fan just wanting to present some contrast to the they were the worst meme

FrankenRam

Starter
SINCE you basically reaffirmed my statement that they struggled at first I guess your main reason for this reply is to vent about the Cards drafting I suppose you are paying the most attention to their futility at QB until they drafted Neil Lomax,but they had some great hits Dierdorf the cornerstone of an offensive line that surrendered 8 sacks in a 14 game season, Otis Anderson who was a Super Bowl MVP and broke Earl Campbells rookie running record, JV Cain who was the equivalent Of any top tight end playing today until his untimely death,Terry Metcalf,Roger Wehrli, Mel Grey,EJ Junior,Johnny Roland,Louis Sharpe I could name more but in the end while not the best not the worst and FWIW a lot of the poor drafting was a result of the fact that about all the money Bidwell had was tied up in the team after purchasing his brothers share so the scouting budget certainly suffered.I'm sure you can conjure names like Jim Germany,Clyde Duncan, or Steve Pisarkawicz then again they drafted Joe Namath and lost the bidding war to the Jets.
Tom Barnidge and Rich Koster led the charge to run them out of town but your contention that he did nothing for St.Louis is dead wrong I am willing to bet Bidwell spent a larger portion of his net wealth on charities than most if not all the current NFL owners. Bottom line you can't SAY you are an NFL city you have to prove it.
As far as the Ed Most if not all of the of the people who negotiated that lease aren't there anymore and because the convention center business has grown more profitable IMO no one wants the Rams out more than ANYONE IS THEM is THE CVB.

Bidwell was like Stan the complete opposite of the publicity hounds like Jerruh or Lil Dan and just wouldn't defend himself in the press who I've already alluded to as being hostile. The Bidwells have kept the team in the family and struggled to do so, I wasn't their biggest fan just wanting to present some contrast to the they were the worst meme

Of course they had a few terrific hits....Larry Wilson & Roger Werhli to add a couple to the list you named. And I'd take Jim Hart over Lomax as my QB.

But heck, even a stopped clock gets it right twice a day. Overall, with the exception of the Coryell years, the team was an exercise in futility....3 playoff appearances in the 28 yr they were in STL. Appearances, not wins.

It was that futility that damped any local enthusiasm for spending big $$ on a stadium for Bidwill, not a couple sportswriters. But I guess the point of your post is to be your typically argumentative self.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Of course they had a few terrific hits....Larry Wilson & Roger Werhli to add a couple to the list you named. And I'd take Jim Hart over Lomax as my QB.

But heck, even a stopped clock gets it right twice a day. Overall, with the exception of the Coryell years, the team was an exercise in futility....3 playoff appearances in the 28 yr they were in STL. Appearances, not wins.

It was that futility that damped any local enthusiasm for spending big $$ on a stadium for Bidwill, not a couple sportswriters. But I guess the point of your post is to be your typically argumentative self.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Typically argumentative self?
Check the genesis of this exchange and who "argued" with who first and BTW you decided that was how I am, since Feb. 1, keep the personal stuff to a minimum it doesn't fly well here

FrankenRam

Starter
Typically argumentative self?
Check the genesis of this exchange and who "argued" with who first and BTW you decided that was how I am, since Feb. 1, keep the personal stuff to a minimum it doesn't fly well here

Pot....meet kettle. There has been something 'personal' from you in virtually every post we've exchanged.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Pot....meet kettle. There has been something 'personal' from you in virtually every post we've exchanged.
I just reviewed the thread kindly show me where I did anything except try to discover the point of your post. FWIW I haven't lasted 10,000 posts here by not knowing where the boundaries lie. I offered that about personalizing as a tip if you want to justify personalizing with "oh yeah well same to ya" I can only bow out and wish you well.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler

Tell us how you really feel,don't hold back now.
:rockon:

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Hey Mods. How's it going? Seems to be quite a bit of hatred towards the Rams organization lately. Just sayin'.

GO RAMS!!!!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Hey Mods. How's it going? Seems to be quite a bit of hatred towards the Rams organization lately. Just sayin'.

GO RAMS!!!!
Gotta say I am frustrated, but the ONLY WAY I lapse into hatred is if I become convinced the move back was part of the plan, which occurs to me was not in view of the stadium "issues" that were behind the move to StL it was only smart to avoid another scenario like they were fleeing. SO for now while I'll hate it if they move. I will noi focus on Stan alone there's plenty of others to "BLAME"

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
I'm a Rams fan. Not a fan of location. I just want to see the issue resolved so we can all just focus on Rams football.

GO RAMS!!!!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'm a Rams fan. Not a fan of location. I just want to see the issue resolved so we can all just focus on Rams football.

GO RAMS!!!!
See IMO location is the best way for a team can reward fans other than winning of course

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't hate him because he has money. I hate him because everything he does is because of his love of money. In other words, he's a greedy SOB that only cares about making more money. I gave examples in another post of rich people that aren't greedy. Greed is what's going to bring this country down.
And you use Khan as an example? A guy who has shit all over family run businesses when he bought them out? A guy who spent over $20 million under the cap last season? How is that not the ultimate in greed?

Find any story of Stan actually screwing anyone over in his business dealings. He apparently is very shrewd yet honest in his dealings. Just because he doesn't go telling everyone his intentions and what has taken place during the negotiations, doesn't mean he is the greedy SOB you want to paint him.

If you look at some of his dealings, he is actually quite amazing. He kept paying George Karl his salary when Karl could no longer coach due to his illness. That huge ranch he bought in Montana is being kept as a producing cattle ranch unlike the other bidder that was going to turn it into a Hollyweird chum resort. Instead he pumped millions into the operation and made it more productive.

I don't think you have any idea what kind of man Stan is nor what kind of man these other guys are that you think so highly of. So Bill Gates gives out of generosity but Stan gives out of greed?

I don't know what kind of man is Kroenke but I would wager that you don't either. And hating someone you really don't know much about is pretty weak.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
aoq6mg.jpg

Yeah, it's a frustrated, angry fanbase these days. Some are angry at the owner or past owners, while others are ticked off at Fisher, Snead or someone else. Just don't take it out on one another.

I clearly despised Georgia but that stems from being a Rams fan since the 70s. And she is gone. I have stated that I am clearly happy with the current ownership. And while I feel bad for St. Louis fans that may lose their team I also felt bad for L.A. fans when they lost them. It is very easy for me, as an outsider to just want what is best for my team. I am not proclaiming to know which location is best for the Rams but I clearly believe that the current ownership is much better than the former. Stan actually is not bashful about spending money on the team, where Georgia had two guys in charge seeing to it that she got as much out of it as possible while putting the least into as possible.

So, I am very happy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
aoq6mg.jpg

Yeah, it's a frustrated, angry fanbase these days. Some are angry at the owner or past owners, while others are ticked off at Fisher, Snead or someone else. Just don't take it out on one another.
This^^^