Rams notes: Cook apologizes for shoving Davis/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
My first thought when I saw this happen, was 'What the F--k is this S--t shoving you own QB! I thought he should have been benched, for the rest of the game for it!! I'll accept his apology, but he needs to learn to control his rage, and take it out on the opponent!
jared-cook-shoves-austin-davis.gif
William Hayes is a strong SOB, not too mabny times you see a 6'5 250 pounder get yanked around like a child.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He's no Pete Holohan, at least not in terms of being clutch. Pete was the most clutch TE we ever had.

I agree. Maybe we should run more of those HBack formations with Cook. I would actually take Conwell over Cook too. He was a complete player and tremendous blocker.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I agree. Maybe we should run more of those HBack formations with Cook. I would actually take Conwell over Cook too. He was a complete player and tremendous blocker.

The thing that frustrates me about Cook is that he has the natural ability to be a far better player than any of those guys. He does have the ability to be a truly great tight end and one that justifies his salary. He just doesn't play up to that ability, and it's absolutely maddening.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The thing that frustrates me about Cook is that he has the natural ability to be a far better player than any of those guys. He does have the ability to be a truly great tight end and one that justifies his salary. He just doesn't play up to that ability, and it's absolutely maddening.

I agree, my thoughts exactly.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I just want to thank William Hayes for being a guy we can trust, beginning to wonder if we have enough of his type on this team.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Honestly I have no idea what your problem is today. Not even sure what you are talking about now. What exactly is your stance. Is he good, is he great? You call me a strawman? That is comical lol based on your response by the way. What is your stance? I mean seriously, he is the greatest TE we ever had and you don't call him great.....I really am struggling to find out why you coming at this from all angles.

Let me be literal for you. I don't think he is very good...ok? I think he is overpaid. I think you can find similar players for less money than we paid for him. He is getting paid 8M dollars and has had little impact on our offense.

If you want to classify him as the best TE the Rams ever had that is fine. So he is right there in the top 4 with I don't know, Troy Drayton, Pete Holohan and Ernie Conwell? :)

You know I like you Zig, but this is getting silly.

I have zero issue with you personally, you know that.

That said, I just don't agree that you can find 10 guys that can do what Cook does that get paid half as much.

Cook's job is to be a receiving weapon and a big play threat.

Fun Facts:
- Only 10 players finished ahead of Cook in receiving yardage last season. Of these 10, 7 of these players were paid more than Cook, or are being paid more than Cook this season.
- Of TEs that had more receptions than Cook, only Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis had more yards per reception.
- Only 6 players are ahead of Cook in receiving this season. Of these 6, only 2 are getting paid less than Cook.

He's not great, but he's very good as a receiving tight end. We're not paying him to be a good blocker.

I believe your point was that we could get equal production for less. I would look at the stats and conclude that most NFL GMs would have to disagree with you.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought it was great to see Hayes make an aggresive play on a TE

RamzFanz

Damnit
My GOD PEOPLE! What are you talking about?!?

Cook was in a new system last season with a second string QB and he was STILL the best TE the Rams have ever had. He LEAD the team in receiving which screams that the Rams had issues other than Cook.

This game he AGAIN led all receivers AND with a THIRD STRING QB STARTING HIS SECOND GAME!

Did he drop a TD? YES. Was he instrumental in almost every drive? YES!

Cook is far from a bust and when you're throwing to him IN the end zone and putting him in end arounds, it sounds more like play calling to me.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Fisher's loyalty to old players and coaches is a bit concerning. Seems like they are more miss than hit. Not cool.