Rams Notebook: Moves put roster at 90-man limit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-notes-tuesday-moves-put-rams-roster-at--man/article_b54073b7-4d68-5822-a0e3-38dd19f4a879.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 4a879.html</a>
Rams Notebook: Moves put roster at 90-man limit
As the Rams wrapped up the second of two rookie practices Tuesday afternoon, a handful of moves brought the roster to the 90-man limit.
Veterans will attend meetings and take conditioning tests today, with the first full-squad workout set for 3:30 p.m. Thursday. It will be the first Rams practice open to the public.

Before Tuesday’s workout, the Rams released safety Cannon Smith and signed a pair rookie free agents – safety Rashard Hall and wide receiver Demetrius Fields.

Both new players took part in the Tuesday afternoon workout.

Hall, a 6-foot-2, 210-pounder from Clemson, spent four solid seasons in the Tigers’ defensive backfield, picking off six passes as a freshman and recording 80 tackles and four interceptions last fall as a free safety and captain.

Fields, a 6-foot, 210-pounder from Northwestern, signed as a rookie free agent with the Chicago Bears but was released at the end of minicamp. He worked out Tuesday morning and joined the rest of the rookies for practice in the afternoon.

“I’ve been working out in Evanston, hoping to get another chance, and hopefully I can make the most of it,’’ the Dallas native said. “First days are never great, but I got in a little work during the one-on-ones, which was good.

“I definitely have some catching up to do, but I’m excited to be here, looking forward to the challenge.’’

Fields started 36 games and played in all 52 over the past four years at Northwestern. He caught a career-best 33 passes for 305 yards and a touchdown as a senior and finished his Wildcats career with 114 catches for 1,200 yards and seven scores.

3 VETS TO MISS EARLY WORKOUTS

Three veteran players – tight end Lance Kendricks (knee), defensive tackle Jermelle Cudjo (foot) and safety Matt Daniels (knee) – will open camp on the active physically unable to perform list.
Daniels, a second-year pro from Duke, is still working his way back from an ACL injury suffered late in the fourth quarter of last season’s loss to the New England Patriots in London.

The injuries to Kendricks and Cudjo are not considered serious, and both players are expected to join workouts soon.

Kendricks, who came on strong last season to catch 42 passes for 519 yards and four touchdowns, missed practice sessions this spring after having his knee scoped earlier in the offseason. But according to league sources, the Rams are simply erring on the side of caution with the 6-foot-3, 247-pound third-year pro.

“If he had to play a game tomorrow, he could,’’ the source said.

Cudjo’s foot injury could keep him out a week or so.

All three veterans are on the active PUP list, meaning they can be activated at any time.

ROOKIE QB GETS PLENTY OF ACTION

Even if Tim Jenkins’ right arm is a little sore these days, he’s not complaining.
After going through practice sessions this spring seeing minimal action behind Sam Bradford, Kellen Clemens and Austin Davis, Jenkins, a rookie free agent quarterback out of Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colo., got all the throws over the last two days as the lone signal-caller in rookie practices.

“I’m a little sore, especially after also going through conditioning tests (Monday) morning, but any time you can get reps in an NFL camp, it’s a great thing,’’ Jenkins said. “You need reps to develop. I went home over the break and I studied as much as I could. It looks great and easy on the page, but when you get out here and guys start flying around on defense, it gets a lot tougher. But this has been a great experience.

“It’s hard to grab reps as the No. 4, but you learn a ton watching those guys and then try and emulate what you saw ... and hopefully put out a good product.’’

Jenkins, 22, was limited to six games as a senior because of injury but still managed to throw for 1,817 yards and eight touchdowns. A four-year starter for the Skyhawks, he finished second in Fort Lewis history in completion percentage (58.3), third in passing yards (8,857) and fourth in touchdown passes (47).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jenkins played for the Skyhawks, eh?

Too close to *seahawks*. Cut him now please.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Their description of Lance's condition is very relieving.

That huge sigh you heard was me.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If he starts playing for the Toledo Mud Hens then I would agree with your sentiments. But playing for the Skyhawks isn't close enough to the "Seachickens" for me to want to cut him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Your opinion is invalid because science.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X using Zen like logic:
Your opinion is invalid because science.

That was very inscrutable Master. :notworthy: