Rams/ NFL UDFA signings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Undrafted FAs

At least one signed:

Johnny Hekker(P) - Oregon St

Massive for a P. 6-6 220. He had a 44 yard average

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Re: Undrafted FAs

We should sign Jerry Franklin LB out of Arkansas.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That site says Rams have signed Matt Conrath DT from UVA. If so, this is a great signing.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
We picked up a LB teammate of Jabara Williams lol. We've gotten 4 LBs so far.

One of the OL we picked up is Jake Longs younger brother.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
These are the players that site is saying the Rams signed right now:

Jose Gumbs, SAF, Monmouth
Matt Daniels, S, Duke
Jeremy Caldwell, CB, EKU
Cory Harkey, TE, UCLA
Matt Conrath, DT, Virginia
Alex Hoffman-Ellis, OLB, Washington State
Derrick Choice, OLB, Stephen F. Austin
DeAngelo Peterson, TE, LSU
Sammy Brown, LB, Houston
Austin Davis, QB, Southern Miss
Johnny Hekker, P, Oregon State
Joe Long, OL, Wayne State
Noah Keller, LB, Ohio
Jamaar Jarrett, DE, ASU
Jeremy Caldwell, WR, Eastern Kentucky
T-Bob Hebert, OC, LSU

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Couple names not on their list that Jim Thomas tweeted:

Rodney McLeod, S, Virginia
Travis Tripucka, LS, Massachusetts

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Rams signed this UDFA. I realize that it's a highlight reel, so we should take it with a grain of salt, but good god. I don't know what his 40 is, but he plays fast, and he hits a ton. If he played like this with any regularity, I'm shocked he didn't get drafted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2QECMRZbn0[/youtube]

steferfootball

Starter
The only UDFA punter that has a higher average than our guy is Drew Butler signed to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Average Punt Comparison
Butler: 44.2; 44.5; 48.1; 35.7 (not our guy)
Hekker: 44.0; 41.7; 40.1; 39.7 (Our guy)
Senior year <----------------->Freshman year

Butler had a 48.1 average as a sophomore.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
brokeu91 said:
Rams signed this UDFA. I realize that it's a highlight reel, so we should take it with a grain of salt, but good god. I don't know what his 40 is, but he plays fast, and he hits a ton. If he played like this with any regularity, I'm shocked he didn't get drafted.

He definitely likes to hit.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
brokeu91 said:

He definitely likes to hit.

Yeah he does.

Read a little about him. People raved about him in college and his overall production. They say he hurt himself by going to the East West game because his lack of athleticism was evident when compare to the other players there. Still got a draftable grade tho. Seen as high as 5th round grade.

I think he has a legit shot a sticking. At the very least he could be a VG ST player. Dude is physical.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Sammy Brown OLB from Houston sounds like a interesting prospect.

Sammy Brown was an extremely frustrating player to evaluate because he clearly has the athletic poten- tial to be a versatile linebacker at the next level but he rarely plays up to his full potential. He tends to stack his blocker and watch the play develop with little effort made to shed and attack, and when he’s left un- covered he consistently stops pursuit if he is unable to make the play in the backfield. While he posted impressive splash numbers with 13.5 sacks as a senior he lacks explosion coming off the ball and has a very limited skill set for a pass rusher. His best fit in the NFL is at SAM in a 4-3, as he is capable of stack- ing and shedding blockers when he commits himself to being aggressive at the POA and also shows off good instincts in coverage. His athleticism may warrant a late round selection, but players who do not com- pete at a high level every snap struggle to last long in the NFL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sounds like most of that stuff is coachable, eh? Doesn't sound like he lacks heart, but more like he doesn't fully embrace the "swarm to the ball" mentality yet.