Rams News Recap: Sept. 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Here Comes AP: Vikings RB Poses Huge Threat to Rams –PD
The last time Adrian Peterson visited the Gateway to the West, he was totally shut down in the first quarter at the Edward Jones Dome.

Rams Notebook: Fisher Confirms that Saffold Will Start Over Robinson –PD
Following practice Wednesday at Rams Park, coach Jeff Fisher confirmed what many had suspected: that Rodger Saffold will start ahead of Greg Robinson, the No. 2 overall pick in May’s draft, when the Rams take on the Minnesota Vikings to open the season at noon Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome.

Can the Vikings O-line Handle the Rams Pass Rush? –Video

Rams Coach Jeff Fisher: “We’ve got a different approach” –Video

Rams’ Robinson Won’t Start Season Opener –Latsch
Rams rookie offensive lineman Greg Robinson, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2014 draft, will not start the season opener, coach Jeff Fisher said on Wednesday.

Rams Report: Saffold Will Start Ahead of Robinson at LG –PD
Following practice Wednesday at Rams Park, coach Jeff Fisher confirmed what many suspected: that Rodger Saffold will start ahead of Greg Robinson, the No. 2 overall pick in May’s draft, when the Rams take on the Minnesota Vikings to open the season noon Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome.

Keenum Excited for Fresh Start with the Rams –Latsch
It’s been a busy few days for Case Keenum, the quarterback who was waived by the Houston Texans and then received a fresh start when he was claimed by the Rams.

Peterson Returns to Site of Big Day vs. Rams –ESPN
The first carry of Adrian Peterson’s 2013 season saw him break free for a 78-yard touchdown. The first of the 2014 season will come in the building where he recorded the longest run of his career the last time he visited.

Rams Mostly Healthy on First Injury Report –Wagoner
We’ve finally reached the point of the season where we no longer have to play shadow games when it comes to injuries. The start of the regular season means the start of official injury reports.

Rams Tied For 20th in AP Pro32 Poll –Latsch
The Associated Press released its AP Pro32 poll this week in advance of the start of the regular season and the Rams are tied with the Atlanta Falcons for the 20th spot.

One-on-One with Rams New QB Case Keenum –Video

Rams Rookie DE Ethan Westbrooks on Making the Rams Roster –Radio Interview

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher & QB Shaun Hill Post Practice Comments: Sept. 3

QB Austin Davis Ready if Called Upon –Wagoner
In the immediate aftermath of St. Louis Rams starting quarterback Sam Bradford’s second season-ending ACL tear in as many seasons, the reaction for most was sympathy.

Rams Depth Chart Musings –Wagoner
Now that we are finally into Week 1 of the regular season, the St. Louis Rams released their unofficial depth chart Tuesday evening.

NFL Nation Reporters: Rams go 5-11 –Wagoner
On Tuesday morning, all 32 of our NFL Nation reporters revealed their game-by-game predictions for the teams they cover.

Bernie’s Ram Bytes: Wait, the No. 2 Overall Draft Pick isn’t Starting?
I must bark about something today, OK? 1. If I had to wager on it, and I don’t … I’d say I believe Greg Robinson will turn out to be a good NFL offensive lineman. Who knows, the Auburn football alum could become a great one. But let’s talk about those two words there … “Who Knows.”

Morning Ram-blings: Sam Lands in Dallas –Wagoner
As teams finalized their practice squads Tuesday afternoon, former St. Louis Rams defensive end Michael Sam looks to have finally found a landing spot.

Herm Edwards: “I Think the Rams Are Built to Where Shaun Hill Can Orchestrate the offense”

Jim Thomas Rams Chat Highlights: Sept. 2

Relive It: Rams at Dolphins –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Rams to surprise?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/11290/morning-ram-blings-rams-to-surprise

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Every season in the NFL, there are plenty of teams that surprise. In fact, it's become a regular occurrence for about half of the teams making the postseason to be teams that didn't make it the previous year.

So who are some candidates to so this year? Well, according to ESPN Insider columnist Mike Sando, the St. Louis Rams actually fit the bill Insider as a team capable of making the leap to the postseason.

Sando makes the salient point that even though the Rams lost starting quarterback Sam Bradford to a torn ACL for the second consecutive season, the Rams weren't counting on Bradford to carry the team anyway. To his point, the Rams will ask Shaun Hill to do similar things to what Bradford would have done.

An excerpt from Sando's take:

This team was already committed to winning with its running game and defense. The key to the season was going to be -- and still is -- whether new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams can fix the secondary to maximize the Rams' supremely talented front.

In a very general sense, I agree with Sando and think the Rams will remain competitive with Hill in the fold. The biggest difference, to me, between the Rams with Bradford and the Rams with Hill is the ceiling for the team -- in this case the playoffs -- is lower with Hill starting than with Bradford.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Wednesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we began the day with the news that Michael Sam was headed to Dallas to join the Cowboys practice squad. ... In this week's buzz video, I discussed the Rams' options at cornerback with Trumaine Johnson out because of a knee injury. ... From there, we took a spin around the team's unofficial depth chart with thoughts and observations. ... After making my season prediction, I pieced together the predictions of our other NFL Nation reporters on how the Rams will fare in 2014. ... In the afternoon, we took a closer look at quarterback Austin Davis' state of readiness should he have to play this year. .. We closed the day with the team's first injury report of the season.

Elsewhere:

Sam signing in Dallas became official Wednesday afternoon.

Players around the league are not happy with the punishment for Indianapolis owner Jim Irsay.

At 101sports.com, quarterback Shaun Hill assesses things going into his first start with the Rams.

At stltoday.com, columnist Bernie Miklasz examines the state of No. 2 overall pick Greg Robinson.

Linebacker Christian Kirksey doesn't play for the Rams but he is from St. Louis and, according to the Madden video game, he's shorter than any NFL player ever.