Rams News Recap: Sept. 14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Fisher: QB Hill Still the Starter if Healthy –PD
Injured quarterback Shaun Hill tested his strained thigh more than 2½ hours before game time Sunday at Raymond James Stadium.

Strauss: Davis Delivers a Win for the Rams –PD
Sunday’s takeaway from Raymond James Stadium was easy to digest.

Rams Are Runoff Winners –PD
Linebacker James Laurinaitis was eavesdropping on the officials, as usual, when he heard referee Jeff Triplette whisper to a member of his crew: “It’s gonna be a 10-second runoff.”

Austin Davis: I Can’t Say Enough About This Locker Room –Radio Interview

Witherspoon 1-on-1 with Rams Safety T.J. McDonald –Radio Interview

Special Teams Give Rams a Boost –Wagoner
Any wins the current version of the St. Louis Rams can come up with likely won’t qualify them for many beauty pageants. The way the team is constructed, they’re going to have to find ways to win, even if it’s ugly.

Austin Davis Unfazed by Challenges of First Start –Wagoner
St. Louis Rams quarterback Austin Davis was always going to start Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but he didn’t find out for sure until about 90 minutes before the game began.

Austin Davis Shines But Fisher Says Hill Still Starter –Wagoner
Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams’ 19-17 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

ESPN’s Game Balls. Buccaneers vs. Rams

ESPN’s Sunday Blitz: Rams-Buccaneers Recap –Video

Austin Pettis Makes Spectacular 27-yard Catch –Video

Jeff Fisher Recaps the Rams Comeback Win Over the Bucs –Radio Interview

Rapid Reaction: Rams vs. Bucs –Wagoner
A few thoughts on the St. Louis Rams’ 19-17 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium.

Rams Win By a Whisker 19-17 –PD

Rams Rally to Knock Off Bucs 19-17 –PD
Quarterback Austin Davis, making his first NFL start in place of the injured Shaun Hill (thigh), played efficient, turnover-free football.

Austin Davis to Start at QB, but Hill is Active –PD
The Rams are dressing as many quarterbacks as running backs _ three _ today against Tampa Bay. At quarterback, Austin Davis will start, making his first NFL start.

Fisher Up Front: Rams at Buccaneers –Video

Game Trailer: Rams at Buccaneers –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Monday game balls
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/11687/morning-ram-blings-monday-game-balls-2

TAMPA, Fla. -- As promised last week, we're going to begin the week with the handy game ball chart from our 32 NFL Nation reporters.

It's a quick, easy way to get a snapshot of who performed and made a difference in Sunday's games. Whether it was a player, a coach or a unit, these were the difference makers for every team in the league on Sunday's slate of games.

As you can see, I opted to give my game ball for the St. Louis Rams to quarterback Austin Davis. The Rams offered many more choices in this week's 19-17 win than they did last week against Minnesota but ultimately, I went with Davis because of his poise and toughness in clutch situations.

For what it's worth, the Rams also chose Davis for their game ball. Coach Jeff Fisher handed him the ball after he led the drive that ended with kicker Greg Zuerlein's game-winning field goal.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Sunday's Rams stories on ESPN.com. ... Some thoughts and observations from the Rams' win immediately after the game in Rapid Reaction. ... In Locker Room Buzz, Fisher revealed that Shaun Hill will remain as starter when he gets healthy despite Davis' strong showing. ... We then took a look at how Davis managed to stare in the face of pressure and remain calm, especially on third down. ... Here's the game balls in video format from Bucs reporter Pat Yasinskas and I. ... Finally, the Rams will need production from all three phases to win games and got some special contributions from special teams on Sunday.

Elsewhere:

Jim Basquil and Eric Allen break down the Rams' victory.

Yasinskas' takeaways from the game from a Bucs' perspective.

At 101sports.com, Fisher offers his thoughts on the game right after it was over.

At stltoday.com, Jeff Gordon handed out his postgame grades.

Jim Thomas offered his instant gamer.

Here's the Associated Press' game story on the Rams' win.