Rams News Recap: Sept. 11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Back in Tampa Bay, Lovie Smith Brings Welcome Change –PD
Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Lovie Smith hit the pause button on life last year. And the Chicago Bears picked up the tab.

Rams Unveil Austin in Backfield –PD
During training camp, coach Jeff Fisher said the Rams wanted to expand Tavon Austin’s role in the offense. And in the season opener against Minnesota, part of those plans were unveiled.

Rams Coach Jeff Fisher: “We will be prepared”

Rams QB Shaun Hill Misses Practice Again –Wagoner
For the second consecutive day, St. Louis Rams quarterback Shaun Hill did not participate in practice.

Brian Quick More Comfortable Than Ever –Wagoner
St. Louis Rams wide receiver Brian Quick was one of the team’s most pleasant surprises during training camp and the preseason.

Rams DE William Hayes ready to step in for his friend, Chris Long –Wagoner
St. Louis Rams defensive lineman William Hayes was a hit in the team’s locker room from the day he first arrived in St. Louis back in 2012. He immediately grew close with most of his teammates, especially on the defensive line.

One-On-One with Rams OT Jake Long –Video

Brian Quick Post Practice Comments –Video

Could the Rams Have the Top Pick in 2015? –Video

Nick Wagoner Talks Rams –Radio Interview

Bernie: No Excuses This Weekend for Rams –Video

Gordon: Rams Must Salvage Season, Credibility
The Rams have 15 weeks to prove this regime is not as hapless as the clown shows that preceded it.

Targeting Chris Long’s Possible Return –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams moved swiftly to place defensive end Chris Long on injured reserve with the designation to return Wednesday afternoon.

Rams Missing Almost a Quarter of Cap –Wagoner
After placing defensive end Chris Long on injured reserve with the designation to return Wednesday afternoon, the St. Louis Rams now have two of their most valuable assets on the injured reserve list.

Morning Ram-blings: QBs on Target –Wagoner
In his weekly mailbag, ESPN senior NFL writer John Clayton begins his weekly discussion with the fans by taking a look at an interesting trend from Week 1.

Jim Thomas: Rams Prep for Bucs Without Long –Video

Rams RB Zac Stacy Is Wired Up for the Vikings Game –Video

Rams DL Ethan Westbrooks: “I’m going to give it all I can” –Video

Rams QB Austin Davis Post Practice Comments –Radio Interview

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Prediction time
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/11598/morning-ram-blings-prediction-time

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- A little later today, I'll have my prediction for this week's matchup between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and St. Louis Rams. But before we get to that, let's take a quick look at some choices made by my colleagues.

The "NFL Live" crew got things rolling with their choices Thursday afternoon on the show. Both Mark Schlereth and Tedy Bruschi went with Tampa Bay but they explain those picks in the link above.

As always, ESPN Insider Mike Sando also provided his weekly picks with a little help from NumberFire.

There seems to be a consensus that the Rams will be more competitive this week than last (they'd almost have to be) but that it might not go their way late in the game.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we began the day with a look at quarterbacks setting a record for completion percentage in Week 1. ... Next, we laid out the injured reserve with designation to return rules and used it to target possible returns for DE Chris Long. ... From there, we looked at the economic implications of having Long and quarterback Sam Bradford on the sideline. ... Receiver Brian Quick is feeling more comfortable than ever in his third season. ... End William Hayes is one of a few asked to replace Long. ... We closed the day with the usual injury report.

Elsewhere:

From Bucs reporter Pat Yasinskas, here's Tampa's Thursday injury report.

At 101sports.com, Chris Duncan offered some of his thoughts on the current state of the Rams.

The Stats Doctor comes with his weekly dive into the numbers.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas looks at the end of Long's iron man streak and how the Rams fill in for him.

Jeff Gordon explains why the Rams can't afford to let the season go off the rails.