Rams News Recap: Oct. 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Notes: Davis is Bright Spot in Rams’ Loss –PD
In his first appearance since being “officially” designated as the Rams’ starting quarterback, Austin Davis was inaccurate early but extremely effective late.

Mistakes Bury Rams Again –PD
Sometimes they happen late; sometimes they happen early. Sometimes they happen throughout the game. But they’re still happening.

Burwell: Rams Stuck in Same Self-Destructive Rut
If you separate the St. Louis Rams’ weekend visit to the City of Brotherly Love into neat little isolated segments and you squint just so, what happened Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field wasn’t all that bad.

Austin Davis: “We just have to keep moving forward” –Video

Austin Davis: “It’s a tale of two halves” –Video

Fisher: “I’m proud of the ways the guys battled” –Video

Austin Davis Impressive Again in Loss –Wagoner
For St. Louis Rams quarterback Austin Davis, there was nothing different about Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Austin Pettis Disappointed in Late Drops –Wagoner
Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams’ 34-28 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles:

Rams Can’t Overcome Themselves Against Eagles –Wagoner
The thin line between winning and losing an NFL football game is hard to bloat, but the St. Louis Rams seem to have a knack for finding a way to decrease an already minuscule margin for error every week.

Sunday Blitz: Rams-Eagles Recap –Video

Rams at Eagles: Postgame Notes

Rallying Rams can’t overcome big deficit –PD
It would be hard to imagine a worse start for the Rams. Even so, the Rams almost pulled off the impossible, only to lose 34-28 when Austin Davis’ fourth-down pass with 42 seconds to play fell harmlessly incomplete.

Rapid Reaction: Rams vs. Eagles –Wagoner
A few thoughts on the St. Louis Rams’ 34-28 loss Sunday to the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field.

Game Trailer: Rams at Eagles –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Monday game balls
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12359/morning-ram-blings-monday-game-balls-5

PHILADELPHIA -- Welcome to Monday morning after the St. Louis Rams' 34-28 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field.

It was a wild Week 5 in the NFL where the Cleveland Browns put together a record-setting comeback, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning offered another virtuoso performance and the Dallas Cowboys came away with an impressive win in the battle for Texas.

To get caught up with all the stars of the day, our ESPN NFL Nation reporters handed out game balls for all of Sunday's action.

As I mentioned in the post, it would have been easy to give the honor to quarterback Austin Davis for the third consecutive game but I opted to spread the wealth a bit by giving some props to rookie cornerback E.J. Gaines. He bounced back nicely from a rough day against the Cowboys and came up with his first career interception.

If only the Rams could get more than just a player or two worthy of a game ball each week, perhaps they could find themselves on the winning side on a more consistent basis.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Sunday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... Rapid Reaction offered thoughts and observations from the Rams' latest loss. ... Coming out of the locker room, receiver Austin Pettis' disappointment in his two late drops stood out most. ... The Rams continue to find ways to make winning even harder than it already is. ... Davis nearly led a miracle comeback but impressed teammates and coaches alike with another 300-yard performance. ... Eagles reporter Phil Sheridan and I discuss our game ball nominees.

Elsewhere:

Sheridan writes that the Eagles once again found a way to escape with a win.

Looking ahead, the Niners were able to overcome the Chiefs behind a little trickery.

At 101sports.com, Fisher discussed the loss with the Rams' radio team.

At stltoday.com, Jeff Gordon offers his weekly report card.

ProFootballTalk.com's Mike Florio reports that the NFL expects to have a team in Los Angeles in the next 12 to 24 months.