Rams News Recap: Oct. 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Hope Their Offense is Working vs. Eagles –PD
Even though the Rams ended up losing 34-31 to Dallas their last time out, you could sense the confidence building on offense with almost every series.

Burwell: Davis’ New Status Isn’t Set in Stone
On his second day as an official member of pro football’s most exclusive athletic fraternity, the Rams newest starting quarterback Austin Davis was all fun and games after a late-afternoon practice at Rams Park.

Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer: “Austin Davis is Moving the Team” –Video

Rams Report: Injury List Includes Tight Ends Coach –PD
The Rams’ biggest injury issue in Thursday’s practice didn’t involve a player. Tight ends coach Rob Boras suffered a leg injury trying to cover a Rams tight end during individual drills.

Rams Coach Jeff Fisher: “It’s a Matter of Executing” –Video

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher and OC Brian Schottenheimer Transcripts: Oct. 2

Is This the Weekend the Rams D Opens Up and Bounces Back? –Radio Interview

Shaun Hill: “It’s Frustrating, But I Understand It” –Video

Nick Wagoner on Giving Austin Davis the Reins of the Rams’ Offense –Radio Interview

Barrett Jones Moving Closer to Return –Wagoner
St. Louis Rams offensive lineman Barrett Jones was poised to push for playing time in his second NFL season when he began feeling shooting pain down his leg and nerve pain early in training camp.

Shaun Hill Frustrated But Understands Demotion –Wagoner

Rams vs. Eagles Preview –Wagoner
The season hit the quarter mark for the Philadelphia Eagles, who are 3-1. Thanks to a bye week, the St. Louis Rams (1-2) will reach that mark Sunday in a game at Lincoln Financial Field.

Morning Ram-blings: Mega Trade Failures –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams have had no shortage of participation in what many would consider to be big draft-day trades since general manager Les Snead and Jeff Fisher arrived in 2012.

CBS Sports’ Rams at Eagles Preview –Video

One-On-One with Rams QB Austin Davis –Video

Kenny Britt: “Davis is more confident and taking leadership” –Video

ESPN’s NFL Live Prediction: Rams-Eagles –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Prediction time
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12251/morning-ram-blings-prediction-time-2

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- It's that time of week again. After a hiatus on the bye last week for the St. Louis Rams, we'll begin our Friday morning with a look at predictions and thoughts on the team's trip to Philadelphia this Sunday.

We start, as always, with ESPN NFL Insider Mike Sando, who offers the Inside Edge on the matchup.

The NFL Live Crew follows with predictions from Herm Edwards and Mark Schlereth.

Here's this week's list of expert picks from our NFL analysts. I have a feeling Merril Hoge will win friends among Rams fans this week.

As always, my pick will be revealed a little later today. I struggled with this one because this is a matchup I could really see going either way.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In this week's game preview, Eagles reporter Phil Sheridan and I discuss the Eagles-Rams matchup. ... In the Ram-blings, we took a look at recent mega trades made on draft day that haven't panned out. ... Quarterback Shaun Hill was admittedly frustrated by the decision to go with Austin Davis at quarterback but says he's going to handle it professionally. ... Offensive lineman Barrett Jones is moving closer to a return from back surgery. ... We wrapped up the day with Thursday's injury report.

Elsewhere:

A terrific read from ESPN The Magazine senior writer Seth Wickersham on San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh.

Speaking of terrific reads, Liz Merrill's hot read on Cleveland receiver Josh Gordon has nothing to do with the Rams but is absolutely worth your time.

ESPN fantasy analyst Christopher Harris breaks down Rams receiver Brian Quick's expected production this week.

NJ.com takes a look at five things to know about the Rams heading into Sunday's matchup.

At 101sports.com, D'Marco Farr writes that the Rams need to get more physical on defense this week.

At stltoday.com, Joe Lyons says the Rams are refreshed after the bye week.