Rams News Recap: Oct. 19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Strauss: Fisher’s Gambling Streak Pays Off –PD
The Rams played Sunday at Edward Jones Dome and something entertaining broke out.

‘Mountaineer’ special to Bailey –PD
Rams receiver Stedman Bailey isn’t likely to forget his first career punt return. And neither will anyone else who watched it Sunday as the Rams defeated the Seattle Seahawks 28-26 at the Edward Jones Dome.

Rams Notes: Quinn Breaks Out ‘The Bernie’ –PD
Robert Quinn had gone so long without a sack it looked like he’d forgotten how to do “The Bernie” — his trademark sack dance — after he finally got one midway through the second quarter Sunday.

Rams Rewrite the Script, Beat Seattle –PD
With quarterback Russell Wilson carving up the Rams’ defense with his legs, his arm and his determination, the Seattle Seahawks had nibbled away at what once was an 18-point deficit.

Wagoner’s Game Ball: Seattle at St. Louis –Video

Takeaways from Rams’ 28-26 Victory Over Seattle –Karraker
The St. Louis Rams had what was undoubtedly the high point of their 2014 season on Sunday, shocking the NFL by picking up a 28-26 victory over the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.

Jeff Fisher & Austin Davis Post Game Press Comments –Video

NFL: No Video Evidence of Clear Fumble Recovery by Either Team –PFT
Near the end of the Rams’ 28-26 victory over the Seahawks on Sunday, there was a play that looked like it might give the Seahawks one last chance at winning the game.

Rams QB Austin Davis Gets it Done When Needed Most –Wagoner
After reviewing the film from last week’s loss to the San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams quarterback Austin Davis acknowledged he didn’t do a good enough job of taking what the defense gives him.

Locker Room Speech: Jeff Fisher –Video

ESPN’s Sunday Blitz: Seahawks-Rams Recap –Video

Rams vs. Seahawks Postgame Notes

Special Teams Delivers Rams an Upset Victory –Wagoner
Backed up to their own 18 with two minutes and 55 seconds to go, the St. Louis Rams were on the verge of watching another big lead and whatever was left of their hopes for the 2014 season slip through their fingers.

Cory Harkey Stakes Claim to Late Fumble Recovery –Wagoner
Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams’ 28-26 victory against the Seattle Seahawks:

Rams Post Game Quotes vs. Seahawks

Rams Pull a Fast One on Seattle –PD
For the third home game in a row, the Rams got off to a lightning-fast start. Against San Francisco, it was 14-0 Rams in the first quarter. Against Dallas, it was 21-0 Rams midway through the second quarter.

Rapid Reaction Rams vs. Seahawks –Wagoner
A few thoughts on the St. Louis Rams’ 28-26 win against the Seattle Seahawks at the Edward Jones Dome:

Game Trailer: Rams vs. Seahawks –Video

Lamarcus Joyner Talks About Playing the 49ers–Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Monday game balls
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12803/morning-ram-blings-monday-game-balls-6

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- It's a Monday morning and only the second "Victory Monday" of the season for the St. Louis Rams after their surprising 28-26 win Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks.

The victory was only the third in the past 19 tries against Seattle and the first time the Rams have scored more than 20 points against the Seahawks in the past 15 meetings.

In a rare occurrence, I had plenty of choices for my game ball Sunday afternoon, not least of which included special teamers like coach John Fassel, Stedman Bailey, Benny Cunningham, Johnny Hekker and more.

But because I couldn't choose from that group, I went with rookie defensive tackle Aaron Donald. Donald had five tackles, three for loss, a sack and two quarterback hits. He's already one of the best defensive players on the Rams and only getting better.

Elsewhere, you can catch up like always on who else made an impact around the league Sunday as our ESPN NFL Nation hands out game balls for all of Sunday's action.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Sunday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In Rapid Reaction, I offered thoughts and observations on the Rams' victory immediately after it was over. ... Locker Room Buzz provided tight end Cory Harkey's claim that he recovered running back Tre Mason's late fumble. ... The Rams special teams provided a major boost when the Rams needed it most Sunday. ... Quarterback Austin Davis didn't make many big plays but came through on an important late drive.

Elsewhere:

Jim Basquil and Eric Allen break down the Rams' two biggest special teams plays.

Here's the highlights of those two plays.

Seahawks reporter Terry Blount writes that Seattle's offensive line woes are hurting the Seahawks every week.

CBSSports.com reports that the Rams and Raiders would be Los Angeles bound if not for the NFL's interference.

At stltoday.com, Jeff Gordon hands out his weekly grades.

Jim Thomas recaps the Rams' win.