Rams News Recap: Oct. 16

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Rookie Greg Robinson Solid in First Start –PD
Greg Robinson heard a lot of hype about five-time Pro Bowler Justin Smith during the practice week, particularly about Smith’s reputation as one of the strongest players in the league.

Seahawks, Wilson look to Bounce Back –PD
Leading the Seattle Seahawks to 43-8 rout of the Denver Broncos last February, Russell Wilson became the youngest quarterback in NFL history to win a Super Bowl.

Barrett Jones: “I’m Ready to Move on Beyond Injuries” –Video

Rams’ Fisher Confident in System, Still Waiting on Production –AP
Jeff Fisher’s Rams are in danger of dropping their first four home games for the first time since 2009.

Rams HC Jeff Fisher and OC Brian Schottenheimer Transcripts: Oct. 16

Questions Will Continue for Rams’ Pass Rush until QBs Start Dropping –FSMW
Sacks must be a sore subject by now for the Rams’ defense, especially a front four that was so successful last season it earned St. Louis the nickname “Sack City.”

How Much Responsibility Do Rams Coaches Have? –Clayton Radio Interview

Zac Stacy, Austin Pettis Return to Practice –Wagoner
After a short rest period before returning to practice Wednesday, the St. Louis Rams had a lengthier injury report than normal.

Jeff Fisher stands by Janoris Jenkins –Wagoner
St. Louis Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins’ latest coverage miscue resulting in another long touchdown pass hasn’t changed how he’s viewed by coach Jeff Fisher.

Trumaine Johnson Edging Closer to Return –Wagoner
As St. Louis Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson was taken off the field in Cleveland on a cart in the team’s third preseason game, many assumed he had torn an ACL and would probably miss the season. Johnson himself feared for the worst.

Morning Ram-blings: A Lose-Lose Trade? –Wagoner
We still aren’t a full three years removed from the blockbuster trade the St. Louis Rams made with the Washington Redskins.

ESPN’s Mike Sando’s Inside Edge: Seahawks-Rams –Video

Rams CB Janoris Jenkins: “That Was All On Me, I Take Full Responsibility” –Video

Greg Robinson: “I’ve Just Got to Get Better and Better” –Video

Wagoner on Why Janoris Jenkins Has Regressed –Radio Interview

Can the Rams pull the upset versus Seattle? –Radio Interview

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Prediction time
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12728/morning-ram-blings-prediction-time-3

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- It's that time of the week again where we take a spin around our many ESPN NFL experts and offer up predictions for this week's St. Louis Rams game against the Seattle Seahawks, as well as the bonus of some experts picks on the rest of this week's games.

As usual, Rams fans probably won't like (but most likely will agree with) the picks on the Rams game.

We'll start with the NFL Live crew offering its picks courtesy of Brian Dawkins and Mark Schlereth.

Mike Sando takes his usual numbers-driven look at this week's game with a little help from NumberFire.

And here's the breakdown of picks from all of our experts.

My pick for this week will be posted a little later Friday. Spoiler alert: My pick will follow the same trend it's followed since the second game of the season.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... We began the day with the Rams-Seahawks game preview from Seahawks reporter Terry Blount and I. ... In the Ram-blings, we began the day with a look at the Redskins-Rams trade. ... Rams coach Jeff Fisher is standing by cornerback Janoris Jenkins after he allowed another big play last week. ... Speaking of cornerbacks, Trumaine Johnson is edging closer to a return from his knee injury. ... We wrapped up the day with Thursday's injury report.

Elsewhere:

Want to read about a coach doing more with less in the NFC West division? Here's a great look at the job being done by Arizona's Bruce Arians.

On ESPN Insider, Ron Jaworski ranks the NFL quarterbacks and renders early judgment on Rams quarterback Austin Davis.

101sports.com has the video from this week's Jeff Fisher show with general manager Les Snead filling in for Fisher.

Some great photos from Monday night's Greatest Show on Turf reunion can be found here.

At stltoday.com. Jim Thomas provides his look at Jenkins' struggles.

Joe Lyons chronicles the debut start for defensive tackle Aaron Donald.