Rams News Recap: Nov. 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Fisher Attempts to Keep Stadium Issue a Non-Issue –PD
On a day when Gov. Jay Nixon put the Rams stadium issue on the front burner, Rams coach Jeff Fisher did his best to take it off the burner, let it cool, and then stuff it in the back of the freezer.

Bernie: Nixon Gets Ball Rolling on Keeping Rams Here
Now that Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon made his first official move in the effort to keep the Rams in St. Louis, it’s time for hard work to begin.

Missouri Governor Trying To Keep Rams In St. Louis –Video

Three Plays That Defined Rams’ Win Over 49ers –Stalter
Entering the season, I assumed the Rams’ identity would consist of two things: a strong rushing attack and a relentless defense. But for nearly two months, neither of those characteristics showed up in the Rams’ play.

Missouri Governor Takes First Step in Stadium Process for Rams –Wagoner
For those hoping that Missouri Governor Jay Nixon’s Wednesday morning conference call would provide clear, immediate answers on the future of the Rams in St. Louis, the outcome was probably a disappointment.

Midseason Report: St. Louis Rams –Wagoner
At the midway point of the 2014 season, the St. Louis Rams bear a striking resemblance to the two teams that preceded them under coach Jeff Fisher.

Jeff Fisher Not Pleased with Forward-Progress Whistle –Wagoner
As St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher stood before the assembled media Monday evening discussing his team’s 13-10 victory over the San Francisco 49ers, he couldn’t help but think of what he might have been talking about had the game not gone the Rams way.

Morning Ram-blings: Play of the Half-Year –Wagoner
With most NFL teams now eight games through their 2014 schedules, it’s the time of year where midseason awards are being handed out in all corners of cyberspace and, yes, on television.

Robert Quinn Talks Final Play Against 49ers –Video

Karraker & Wheeler Discuss the Nixon Press Conference –Radio Interview

Wagoner’s Midseason Rams Report –Video

The Jeff Fisher Show – November 3, 2014 –Video

“I’ll thank Colin Kaepernick.” – James Laurinaitis on Fumble Recovery –Video

Simeon Rice on What’s So Special About Robert Quinn –Radio Interview

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Midseason report
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/13389/morning-ram-blings-midseason-report

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- We opened the Ram-blings with a look at the St. Louis Rams' place on NFL Live's midseason awards but Wednesday brought many more midseason accolades and grades from all of us here at ESPN.com.

The results yielded a pretty cool (I'm biased, yes) compilation of the 32 NFL Nation reporters grades and awards in one big graphic. That can be seen here.

That was just the beginning of the awards. ESPN Senior NFL writer John Clayton also offered up his midseason All-Pro team.

Clayton also doled out his midseason awards.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Wednesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we opened the day with a look at "The Mountaineer" earning NFL Live's Midseason Play of the Year award. ... Next, we dived into our own midseason awards and grades for the Rams to this point in the season. ... Coach Jeff Fisher was not pleased with the call that Frank Gore's progress had been stopped in Sunday's game against the Niners. ... We then got the news that Missouri Governor Jay Nixon is taking steps to keep the Rams in St. Louis. ... My takeaway from it was that it was just the first step of many to get something done. ... Finally, we closed the day with the usual injury update, including a banged-up secondary.

Elsewhere:

In his weekly mailbag, Clayton explored some midseason surprises, including the disappointing San Francisco 49ers.

Senior writer Wayne Drehs introduced the world to Anna Isaacson, the woman who is the new VP in charge of the domestic violence policy.

At 101sports.com, Anthony Stalter provides his three plays that defined the Rams' win against San Francisco.

At stltoday.com, Bernie Miklasz gives his take on Nixon's conference call and what it means for the future.

Jim Thomas writes that the Rams' offensive line regrouped against the Niners.