Rams News Recap: Nov. 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Fisher Says Rams Backfield Remains Timeshare –PD
Even though Tre Mason started in San Francisco, his first NFL start, Rams coach Jeff Fisher wouldn’t commit to the rookie running back as his full-time starter.

Fisher Still Upset About Quick Whistle –PD
With San Francisco leading 10-3 midway through the second quarter Sunday, the Rams’ Kendall Langford tackled the 49ers’ Frank Gore after a short gain near midfield when the ball came loose and James Laurinaitis recovered and headed for the end zone.

Somehow Rams Avoid that Old Sinking Feeling –PD
There was a time in the second quarter of the Rams’ game Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers when there was a distinct here-we-go-again feel to the proceedings at Levi’s Stadium.

Can the Rams Continue to be Consistient on Defense? –Radio Interview

Jeff Fisher “It was a bounce back effort all week long” –Video

Bernie: Terrific Rams Win in San Francisco –Video

Bernie’s Ram Bytes: Welcome Back, Gregg Williams
Good afternoon. My initial takeaways from the Rams’ 13-10 win at San Francisco:

Tre Mason Stakes Claim to Starting Job –Wagoner
Early last week, St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher was again asked whether he was fine with continuing to rely on the running back by committee approach he had deployed for most of the first half of the season.

Morning Ram-blings: Monday Game Balls –Wagoner
As you can see, I gave my game ball to the entire Rams defense, if only because it’s impossible to pick just one player.

Bernie: Defenses Adjusting to Austin Davis
The more that Austin Davis plays, it makes it easier for defensive coordinators to study the videos of his games in a search for weaknesses.

Steve Wyche: “You can see some signs that the Rams are close” –Radio Interview

Jeff Fisher Relives 13-10 Triumph Over 49ers –Radio Interview

Jim Thomas: Defense Leads Rams Over 49ers –Video

ESPN’s Sunday Blitz: Rams-49ers Recap –Video

Jeff Fisher: “We made the plays and got the win” –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: A closer look at close calls
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...rning-ram-blings-a-closer-look-at-close-calls

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams' 13-10 win against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday came with no shortage of bizarre plays and questionable calls by the officials.

I went into the details of some of that immediately after the game and will revisit some others later Tuesday. But there are a couple that won't need much more from my end thanks to NFL Nation columnist Kevin Seifert and his weekly look at some of the more interesting calls and non-calls made around the league.

In his weekly Inside Slant look at the strange calls around the league, Seifert featured two calls in the Rams-Niners game that had many scratching their heads, the officials included.

Seifert breaks down Colin Kaepernick's fumble in the final minute that sealed the win for the Rams as well as Tavon Austin's near safety at the end of the first half. Those both broke in the Rams' favor but I'll have more on one that didn't later on.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Monday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we began the day by handing out game balls for Sunday's efforts. ... Next, we revisited our What to Watch with an examination of how the Rams fared in three key areas of Sunday's win. ... Running back Tre Mason isn't "officially" the Rams' top running back but the evidence is overwhelming. ... We closed the day by looking at how the Rams got after Colin Kaepernick with the blitz on Sunday.

Elsewhere:

On ESPN Insider, columnist Mike Sando writes that the Rams' next opponent, the Arizona Cardinals are in control Insider in the NFC West.

John Clayton's Last Call takes a look at some struggling running backs, including one the Rams shutdown on Sunday.

At 101sports.com, Kevin Wheeler and Steve Wyche discuss the possibility of a Rams ascension the rest of the season.

At stltoday.com, columnist Bernie Miklasz writes that defenses are adjusting to Austin Davis.

Miklasz also welcomes back defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.