Rams News Recap: Nov. 13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Chris Long is No Longer a ‘Ghost’ –PD
When you’re sidelined by injury for a lengthy period of time, it’s almost like you disappear in an NFL locker room.

Rams Report: Laurinaitis Returns to Practice –PD
With the Rams practicing indoors again for the second day in a row at Rams Park, middle linebacker James Laurinaitis was among three Rams to return to practice Thursday.

Broncos vs. Rams Preview –Wagoner-Legwold
The St. Louis Rams and Denver Broncos appear to be two ships headed in opposite directions as they head into Sunday’s matchup at the Edward Jones Dome.

CBS Sports’ Prisco/Kirwan Broncos at Rams Preview –Video

James Laurinaitis Gets Limited Work Thursday –Wagoner
Rams middle linebacker James Laurinaitis returned to practice on a limited basis Thursday after sitting out Wednesday with a foot injury.

Rams’ Alec Ogletree Starting to Emerge –Wagoner
Nearly halfway through the season, it would have been hard to categorize St. Louis Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree’s sophomore campaign as anything short of disappointing.

No Pouting for Austin Davis after Demotion by Rams –Wagoner
Austin Davis’ eight-week run as the Rams’ starting quarterback is over, and there’s no guarantee when he’ll be back or if he’ll be back in the starting lineup. In the NFL, you never know when or if that next opportunity will present itself.

Morning Ram-blings: Manning at his Best? –Wagoner
There isn’t a coach in the NFL with more first-hand knowledge of Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning than St. Louis Rams head man Jeff Fisher.

Mel Kiper’s No. 1 Overall NFL Draft Prospects –Video

Bernie: Bradford Best QB Option in 2015?

Rams Stricken With Injuries To Secondary –Video

Chris Long: “It felt good to be wearing a jersey” –Video

Rams Coach Jeff Fisher: “It’s never an easy decision” –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Prediction time
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/13655/morning-ram-blings-prediction-time-7

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- This week, the St. Louis Rams continue the toughest stretch of their schedule with perhaps their toughest opponent yet, the Denver Broncos.

The good news, if there is any, is that the Rams get to play the Broncos at home. Of course, only one of the Rams' three wins this year is at the Edward Jones Dome. For what it's worth, history is at least on the Rams' side. The Broncos have lost four straight road games to the Rams and have never won in the city of St. Louis.

As we dive into this week's spin around the predictions for Sunday's matchup, it's clear that nobody is really leaning on history for their prediction.

Let's start with ESPN NFL Insider Mike Sando's weekly Inside Edge where he uses the numbers to break down the matchup.

The NFL Live Crew offered little surprise from Jerome Bettis and Mark Schlereth.

Our expert panel did actually offer a surprise with one famous former coach rolling with the Rams in an upset.

As always, my pick will post a little later Friday. Not to provide any spoilers but you can probably guess which way I'm going.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... The Ram-blings opened the day with Jeff Fisher's comments about Peyton Manning being better than ever. ... Broncos reporter Jeff Legwold and I offered our game preview discussing this weekend's matchup. ... I participated in the NFL Nation project with an early look ahead to the NFL draft. ... Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree is starting to come on over the past two weeks. ... Defensive end Chris Long has had some fun on social media while recovering from injury but is excited to get back to work. ... We closed the day with our usual round of injury updates.

Elsewhere:

To accompany the look ahead to the draft, our draft experts Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr. answered 10 questions about the draft (Insider).

TheMMQB.com's Greg Bedard ponders whether the Rams are just a quarterback away from contending.

At 101sports.com, the Stats Doctor takes his usual numbers-driven look at the Rams' latest loss.

At stltoday.com, Bernie Miklasz writes that going back to Shaun Hill was the right move.

Jim Thomas writes that Austin Davis has no time to pout about his recent demotion.