Rams News Recap: Nov. 12

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Notes: Cornerbacks show versatility amid injuries –PD
For the second time in as many weeks, an injury forced the Rams to do some shuffling in their short-handed secondary on Sunday.

Bernie: Hill Move the Right Way to Go
Rams coach Jeff Fisher made the right move in calling veteran righthander Shaun Hill out of the bullpen to relieve the frazzled young starter, Austin Davis.

Austin Davis: “It’s not about me. It’s about the team” –Video

Gordon: Hill Gets Second Chance with Rams
The first Shaun Hill Era lasted one half of one game with the Rams.

Bernie: Rams’ QB Change Doesn’t Solve Bigger Problem
As you probably know by now, Rams coach Jeff Fisher has changed his mind and will start Shaun Hill at quarterback against Denver on Sunday.

Rams Going Back to Shaun Hill A Logical Move –Wagoner
St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher’s endorsement of Austin Davis as his starting quarterback earlier this week could be classified as lukewarm at best.

Mark Barron Settles into Rams Defense –Wagoner
Last Friday, St. Louis Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams dropped a hint that recently-acquired safety Mark Barron would get his first chance to contribute to the Rams’ defense.

Shaun Hill: “Your excitement levels kicks up a bit” –Video

SI Wire: Rams to Start Shaun Hill –Video

Kevin Wheeler Co-signs on Rams’ Choice to go Back to Shaun Hill at QB –Radio Interview

Did Jeff Fisher make the right call to go back to Shaun Hill? –Radio Interview

Source: Rams Bench Austin Davis –Wagoner
Just 48 hours after saying Austin Davis would remain the starting quarterback, St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Wednesday that veteran Shaun Hill now has the job, a source confirmed.

Morning Ram-blings: Chargers, Rams and L.A. –Wagoner

Jeff Fisher: ‘Chance’ Chris Long could practice this week –Wagoner
St. Louis Rams defensive end Chris Long has been working his way back from the ankle injury he suffered in the season opener against Minnesota for the past two-plus months.

Bernie: Ignore Rams Moving to LA Rumors –Video

Fisher Reverses Field, Names Hill Starting QB –PD
Two days after saying he was not contemplating a quarterback change, Jeff Fisher has reversed field.

T.J. McDonald: “You have to finish. It’s everything” –Video

LB Alec Ogletree joins ‘Rams Playmakers’ for a Recap from Arizona –Radio Interview

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Manning at his best?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/13633/morning-ram-blings-manning-at-his-best

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- There isn't a coach in the NFL with more first-hand knowledge of Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning than St. Louis Rams head man Jeff Fisher.

Fisher is 6-13 lifetime against Manning dating to their days with the Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts, respectively. But as the Rams prepare to meet the Broncos on Sunday, Fisher told the Denver media Wednesday that Manning is better than ever with his best supporting cast yet.

That's a scary proposition given how much success Manning had against the Titans before and the relative struggles of the Rams compared to a rolling Denver squad.

But Fisher is making no bones about the fact that this will be the biggest challenge a Manning-led team has ever offered to one of his squads.

"I can't remember a time when he was playing any better," Fisher said. "I think he's playing his best ball right now. He's got great people around him, he's really got a good feel, he's not going to take a sack, he's not going to make a bad decision. It's very, very difficult to defend."

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Wednesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we began the day with a glimpse at the stadium situation in San Diego. ... In this week's Buzz video, I discussed the Rams' shuffling in the secondary. ... We then got the news that the Rams were going back to Shaun Hill as the starting quarterback. ... In my reaction column, I wrote that going back to Hill was a logical move. ... Coach Jeff Fisher said Chris Long could return to practice this week. ... We then examined the Rams' issues on converting third downs. ... Safety Mark Barron is settling into the defense. ... Finally, we covered Long's return to practice as he did indeed begins his 21-day window to come back.

Elsewhere:

Columnist Jeffri Chadiha offered a great story on Seattle safety Earl Thomas.

Always worth a read: John Clayton's weekly mailbag.

At 101sports.com, Anthony Stalter provided his weekly three plays that changed the Rams' loss to Arizona.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas writes that Joe Barksdale's future with the Rams remains to be seen.

Columnist Bernie Miklasz says everyone worried about the Rams and the stadium situation in St. Louis should relax.