Rams News Recap: May 7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Like Father, Like Son For Rams’ Hager –PD
Way back in 1989, Jeff Fisher was the youngest defensive coordinator in the NFL, working for head coach Buddy Ryan in Philadelphia at age 31

Fifteen Undrafted Rookies at Rams Minicamp –PD
The Rams are expected to have 24 rookies on the practice field Friday at their rookie minicamp, encompassing nine draft picks and 15 undrafted rookies.

Can the Rams overtake the Seahawks in the NFC West? –Audio

After Adding Todd Gurley, Here’s How Rams’ RBs Could Look in 2015 –Wagoner
In the moments after the St. Louis Rams used the 10th overall pick on Georgia running back Todd Gurley in the NFL draft last week...

A Look at Rams’ Rookie Salary Pool –Wagoner
Now that the St. Louis Rams have wrapped up their 2015 draft, they must set about signing the nine-player class to rookie contracts.

Morning Ram-blings: Todd Gurley the Top Rookie for Fantasy? –Wagoner
Earlier this week, we took a look at what ESPN Fantasy analyst Christopher Harris thinks of the incoming rookie class and how he’d rank them from a fantasy perspective.

ESPN’s Top Plays of Rams WR Bud Sasser –Video

Rams Pick WR Bud Sasser No. 201 –Video

Rams Rookie WR Bud Sasser’s Conference Call –Audio

Rams Rookie WR Bud Sasser Highlights –Video

‘Top 100 Players of 2015′: No. 92 Aaron Donald –Video

Rams 6th Round Pick WR Bud Sasser Talks Draft Experience –Audio

Rams 1st Rounder Todd Gurley Arrives in St.Louis –Video

Charles Davis On What He Likes About Todd Gurley’s Game –Audio

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Where soccer fits in St. Louis stadium hopes
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...s-where-soccer-fits-in-st-louis-stadium-hopes

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- We don't often spend time discussing the "other" football in this space for obvious reasons. But that doesn't mean that there's no room for it when the situation calls for it.

And in some sense, soccer will actually play a role in the future of the NFL in St. Louis. The St. Louis stadium proposal is largely bent toward American football, namely the hope of keeping the St. Louis Rams in town. Also included in the discussion, though, is the hope that it could be the carrot that finally draws a Major League Soccer team to the Gateway city.

On Thursday, ESPN's Jeff Carlisle examined the candidates for the next round of MLS expansion. Included in the list, of course, is St. Louis.

St. Louis stadium task force leader Dave Peacock spoke to Carlisle about the role of soccer in the pitch to get the stadium built.

"I think we're first and foremost Rams," Peacock told ESPN FC via telephone. "We want to retain the team. The project that's enabling us to keep the [Rams] creates an opportunity for MLS. I think if something were to fall through -- and I can't imagine that happening -- I think the region could still support an MLS team."

In fact, the St. Louis community has long been thought of as a strong soccer region. There have been a series of starts and stops in getting the MLS to the city in the past but clearly the belief is that getting a football stadium in place would help make that a reality.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we opened the day with a look at where Todd Gurley ranks among rookies in the fantasy terms. ... Rams receiver Stedman Bailey offered an amazing catch on social media earlier this week. ... With Gurley in the picture, a look at how the Rams' running back situation could play out. ... Finally, we examined the Rams' rookie salary pool.

Elsewhere:

Free-agent offensive lineman La'el Collins signed with the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday.

Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett says he doesn't want a trade, just a raise.

On ESPN Insider, Todd McShay tries his hand at a way too early 2016 mock draft.

At 101sports.com, Mike Silver discussed his experience in the Rams' draft room.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas writes that new quarterback Sean Mannion got much more than a T-shirt from the Rams.