Rams News Recap: May 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Rookie OT Rob Havenstein Scouting Videos

Jim Thomas Talks Rams’ Mannion, O-Line and Fisher’s ‘Future’ Comments –Audio

Ourlads’ Dan Shonka on Rams Rookie QB Sean Mannion

Even After the Draft, the Rams’ O-Line Needs Work –Stalter
Take a glance at the Rams’ roster and you’ll think two different people put together the offense and defense. The majority of the team’s core is on the defensive side, as are the Pro Bowl appearances and the quality of depth at nearly every position.

Greg Cosell Considers Rams Draft to Be Top 3
With that, three teams ended up with a lot of players who I liked going into the draft: St. Louis Rams

Todd Gurley Among 5 Picks That Charles Davis Loved –NFL.com
On the heels of the 2015 NFL Draft, here’s a look at five picks that I loved and five that led me to raise an eyebrow as a bit of a head-scratcher.

Rams Among Teams on the Rise After NFL Draft –Schein
Here are nine NFL squads destined to improve on their respective records from a year ago and generally take it up to the next level.

Rams Unveil Rookie Class Jersey Numbers –Wagoner
After much debate and internal struggle, new St. Louis Rams running back Todd Gurley finally has a jersey number.

Michael Silver on the Rams Trade Down in the 2nd Round –Video

Rams GM Les Snead on 1st-Round Pick Todd Gurley –Video

Mike Silver On His Experience in the Rams War Room –Audio

Peter King NFL Draft Review with Rich Eisen –Audio

Les Snead Talks Rams Draft and Goals Going In –Video

Draft Winners And Works-in-Progress –Video

Les Snead Discusses the Rams 2015 Draft Class –Audio

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: High marks for Rams' draft
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/18306/morning-ram-blings-high-marks-for-rams-draft

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Earlier this week, we took a quick run through the various draft grades given to the St. Louis Rams for their work in the 2015 NFL draft.

The grades ranged from the 'C' level all the way up to a single 'A'. But there were still a few votes yet to be counted at the time or, more precisely, at least one vote from one of the most respected analysts around.

On Tuesday, NFL Films analyst/wizard Greg Cosell chimed in on the Rams draft and though he didn't give a letter grade, he made it abundantly clear that he has a great appreciation for what the Rams accomplished with their nine selections.

Cosell called the Rams' draft, one of three he "really liked."

Here's a bit of his explanation for choosing the Rams to join the New Orleans Saints and Jacksonville Jaguars as his three favorites:

"I liked the Rams draft more because they have a clear plan and stuck to it in the draft.

The Rams drafted with a specific purpose in mind. They want to be a power-running football team and play great defense behind that. Their entire draft followed that plan."

As I wrote and said when I handed out my grade, that was the thing I liked best about the Rams' draft. They finally had a clear plan and never deviated from it until they had the pieces they wanted.

Cosell is also high on running back Todd Gurley, calling him one of the three best prospects in the draft. That lines up with how the Rams viewed him, too. None of these evaluations -- good, bad or indifferent -- mean much until the players actually step on the field but it's never bad to earn praise from a really smart football guy like Cosell.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Tuesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we started the day with Todd McShay's best picks for each team in the draft. ... The Rams revealed the jersey numbers of their rookie class. ... An NFL.com web snafu rankled some Rams fans. ... Finally, a look at Gurley's fantasy value in his first year.

Elsewhere:

ESPN Insider offered a comprehensive look at the Rams' draft class.

Here's our ESPN team's post-draft Power Rankings.

Grantland.com looks at the draft's top undrafted rookies with a chance to stick.

At 101sports.com, Anthony Stalter explains why the Rams need to sign guard Justin Blalock.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas participated in his weekly chat.