Rams News Recap: May 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Draft Nuggets: Running backs –PD
Rams’ needs: From Zac Stacy to Chase Reynolds, the Rams have all five running backs returning from 2013, and coach Jeff Fisher likes the group.

Running Backs Found Everywhere but 1st Round Lately –PD
Last year, for the first time since the initial AFL-NFL “common” draft began in 1967, not a single running back was chosen in the first round.

Rams prospect profile: Dominique Easley –Wagoner

Rams Among Teams Interested in QB Connor Shaw –PD
He’s tough, he’s competitive, and he wins. As Connor Shaw says, “I think my record speaks for itself. In my opinion that’s the best conference in college football (the SEC), and I believe I am an elite competitor. I think I am going to prove that in the NFL.”

Rams Rumors, News and Notes from Twitter: May 1

Ian Rapoport Talks Rams Workouts with McCarron and Manziel –Video

Robert Quinn on Overcoming the Odds –Video

Isaac Bruce “giddy” just thinking about the possibility of Sammy Watkins to the Rams –Radio Interview

Rams Draft Preview: Running backs –Wagoner
The NFL draft is set to begin May 8 and the St. Louis Rams hold 12 picks. For the next week and a half, we’ll take a look at a different position every day with what the Rams have in place, what they need, when they might address it and possible fits.

Draft Nuggets: Quarterbacks –PD

Morning Ram-blings: Sitting in with Quinn –Wagoner
Earlier this week the St. Louis Rams made the obvious move and picked up the fifth-year option on defensive end Robert Quinn.

Meet Robert Quinn, the NFL’s Next Great Star Pass Rusher –Prisco
St. Louis Rams defensive line coach Mike Waufle has witnessed a lot of great defensive plays in his 17 seasons coaching in the NFL, but one stands out from the rest, one that he says is the best he has ever seen from any pass rusher.

Burwell: What Will the Rams Do in Round 1 of the NFL Draft –Video

Chances of Rams Drafting Manziel and Evans? –Video

Rams Interested in Johnny Manziel? –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Athletic freaks
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/8040/morning-ram-blings-athletic-freaks

Every NFL draft comes with plenty of players who might be freakish athletes but not necessarily top notch football players.

Ideally, your favorite team will pick players who are the rare mix of both, though those can be hard to find. For every Calvin Johnson, there are 10 Vernon Gholstons.

On Thursday afternoon, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. offered his list of the biggest "freaks" in this year's NFL draft. The list is open to ESPN Insider subscribers but there are interesting names that could become St. Louis Rams next week who made the cut.

Headlining the list, of course, is South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack also made the cut.

Among players the Rams have showed interest in before the draft, those two are on it and so are Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier, Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert, Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald, Michigan offensive tackle Taylor Lewan, Minnesota defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman and Texas A&M receiver Mike Evans.

Many of those names could be in play for the Rams come Thursday night. Should the Rams choose one, the hope is they'll be getting the next Johnson and not the next Gholston.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we started the day with a look at defensive end Robert Quinn's film study sessions. ... Next, we rounded up the Rams' final visits as they hit the road to get a last look at prospects before the draft. ... From there, we returned to the draft preview series with a look at the running backs. ... To close the day, we continued our prospect profile series with a glance at Florida defensive tackle Dominique Easley.

Chat: Coming today at 1 p.m. EST, I'll be participating in the weekly Rams chat where I take your questions on all things related to the team. Submit your questions now or join us live when the time comes.

Elsewhere:

ESPN NFL Insiders Adam Schefter and Herm Edwards discuss the chances of the Rams taking Johnny Manziel.

ESPN Senior NFL writer Seth Wickersham with yet another outstanding piece worth your time on the Carr brothers.

At stltoday.com, columnist Bryan Burwell offers video thoughts on where the Rams will go in round 1.

Jim Thomas previews the quarterback spot and the Rams' needs in this year's draft.

Thomas details the many options for signal callers as well.

Pro Football Talk compares the Rams' recent binge of private workouts to the past two years.