Rams News Recap: June 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Notes: Dunbar, Williams Reunite — Again –PD
Not long after the Rams hired Gregg Williams as their defensive coordinator, linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar was touting the move to teammates.

Bradford Was Unfazed by Manziel Draft Rumors –PD
Unlike many who came down with Johnny Football fever, quarterback Sam Bradford never took the bait. He knew better, based on first-hand information from two impeccably reliable sources — the Rams’ general manager and head coach.

Rams Raise Intensity in OTA No. 2 –Softli
With the fervor over May’s NFL draft having long subsided, Thursday’s practice at Rams Park came at just the right time.

Observations from Rams’ Practice –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams were the last team to jump into the fray of organized team activities. They officially began the work on Tuesday, but Thursday offered the first session open to the media.

Rams OTAs Day Two Recap –St.LouisRams.com
If Thursday’s OTA was in any way indicative of how a typical 2014 practice will look, Rams Park will be an entertaining place come training camp.

He’s Loud, He’s Physical, He’s Hell on Defenders — He’s Kenny Britt –FSMW
Based on first glance during Thursday’s OTA session at Rams Park, it appears that the marriage between Britt and the Rams will be good for both parties,

Bradford Never Doubted Place with Rams –Wagoner
As rumors and speculation hit a crescendo in the additional two weeks before the NFL draft, St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford never worried about his job status.

Rams Coach Jeff Fisher & QB Sam Bradford Post Practice Transcripts

Rams WR Kenny Britt: I’m taking this year as a rookie season –Radio Interview

Rams QB Sam Bradford “I know my position on this team.” –Video

Morning Ram-blings: Quinn Up Next –Wagoner
The on-going news cycle that is the NFC West Division has been mostly centered on the three teams closer to the West Coast, at least since the Rams made their big news by drafting defensive end Michael Sam in the seventh round.

Rams Roster Better than No. 31 –Wagoner
There was a time in the not so distant past where, if you ranked NFL rosters from No. 1 to 32, placing the St. Louis Rams at No. 31 would have been considered a compliment.

Things are Spirited at Rams’ OTA Session –PD
No less than three minor scuffles characterized a spirited Thursday practice at Rams Park. It was the first of the spring sessions known as OTAs open to the media, and just the second overall.

Twitter Rams OTA Reports

Rams WR Competition Begins Immediately at Rams OTAs –St.LouisRams.com
With the opening of organized team activities underway, the Rams’ coaching staff has gotten an early look at competition among a position that team personnel has displayed a significant amount of confidence in throughout the offseason.

Rams OTAs Offensive Highlights –Video

Burwell: Rams Are Finally on the Field –Video

Jim Thomas Talks Rams and OTA’s –Radio Interview

A Look Back at the Legendary ‘Fearsome Foursome’

Jeff Fisher Plays Softball for a Several Good Causes –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: NFL D-League?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/9028/morning-ram-blings-nfl-d-league

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- On Wednesday, NFL Nation columnist Kevin Seifert's Hot Read took a deeper look at the idea of a developmental league for the NFL.

Much like the NBA's D-League or the minor leagues in baseball, the idea is simple: add a place for players who might not quite be ready for the big show and allow them to develop before arriving in the NFL.

Part of the impetus for that idea comes from something Seifert wrote on Thursday about the number of underclassmen declaring for the draft. As we already know, those numbers continue to reach record highs.

Frankly, I don't have much to add to Seifert's two pieces since I agree with him that a developmental league would be a great idea and something that all teams would likely embrace.

I will, however, throw in Rams coach Jeff Fisher's thoughts in this space. He was asked about the idea Thursday. Here's what he had to say:

“I’m absolutely, 100 percent in favor of something like that, yes,” Fisher said. “There’s been discussions over the last couple years. I don’t know what direction it’s going, but I think we have a need for it. I think it would be beneficial from a young player's standpoint. It would be beneficial to go outside if you have to make an outside roster move to get somebody that’s in shape that you can evaluate on film.

"In addition to that, it would be extremely beneficial for the officiating department, and coaching for that matter.”

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we began the day with a look at the trickle down effect of Colin Kaepernick's new contract. ... Next, we took a closer look at Pro Football Focus' ranking the Rams' roster No. 31 in the league. ... From there, we explored the return of Sam Bradford from injury and how he never doubted his place with the franchise. ... Finally, we closed the day with observations from the team's first open OTA.

Elsewhere:

Here's the ESPN Insider piece with the PFF rankingsInsider mentioned above.

At Grantland.com, Bill Barnwell uses some statistics to project the 2014 season.

Adding to an interesting debate that nearly started with the Rams' Jared Cook last year, Vernon Davis says Jimmy Graham should be paid like a receiver.

At stltoday.com, Bryan Burwell discusses the first open OTA.

Stlouisrams.com recaps Thursday's practice.