Rams News Recap: June 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Dissecting the St Louis Rams: Defensive Tackle
The St Louis Rams defensive front is obviously scary. So scary in fact, that I had to write a separate piece to space out the defensive line from the defensive ends.

How Many St. Louis Rams Will Make The Pro Bowl In 2015?
Dating back to 2007, The St. Louis Rams have had just seven players selected to a pro bowl. In 2014, the Denver Broncos had nine. But, the Rams have had four of their seven selected in the past two years alone.

Rams Offseason Roster Review: Akeem Ayers Adds to LB Depth–Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams finally begin organized team activities on Tuesday and with most of the offseason heavy lifting complete, the roster you see now likely has the vast majority of players who will be on it come the start of the regular season.

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon on new stadium proposal, future of football in St. Louis –Video

If Rams’ Offense Doesn’t Improve, it Won’t be for Lack of Trying –FSMW
At the beginning of this offseason, the St. Louis Rams looked in danger of becoming three-peat champs as the bottom dwellers of a very tough NFC West division. With the Seattle and San Francisco defenses finishing top five in the league over the past two years, it’s no place for a weak offense, which is exactly what the Rams had.

A Way to keep St. Louis involved in NFL to Los Angeles Saga
I wrote a column yesterday explaining ways the NFL and the San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and St. Louis Rams can be flexible in working out a Los Angeles relocation solution in which all three teams are satisfied with the outcome.

Rams Roster: Todd Gurley vs Tre Mason
Does Tre Mason have a point? Did the Rams wrongfully doubt him, or is Todd Gurley truly just that much better than him.

Nick Foles’ Transition to Rams’ Offense an Important Piece of OTAs –Wagoner
At the news conference introducing new St. Louis Rams quarterback Nick Foles back in March, coach Jeff Fisher lamented the fact that he couldn’t simply get Foles in the building and up to speed on the team’s offense right away.

Rams Begin OTAs on Tuesday –Simmons
The third phase of the Rams’ offseason program begins this week with three of the team’s 10 allotted organized team activities. As the team hits the field, here are a few storylines to keep in mind for the next few weeks.

Three undrafted rookies to watch as Rams begin OTAs –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams finally began Organized Team Activities on Tuesday. It’s been common practice since Jeff Fisher arrived in 2012 for undrafted rookies to win roster spots and stick around for awhile.

Morning Ram-blings: Where the Rams stand –Wagoner
Many knowledgeable football people would argue that with a healthy starting quarterback, the St. Louis Rams would have been a legitimate playoff contender in 2014.

What Are the Main Storylines Heading into to Rams OTAs? –Audio

Gov. Nixon says Lawmakers Filing Stadium Lawsuit Are Just Seeking Attention--Audio

Nixon Says the NFL is Encouraging Progress on the St. Louis Stadium Plan –Audio

Rams Report: May Recap –Video

Rams Players Aid in the Effort to Raise Awareness About Homelessness –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: A closer look at Rams' state of readiness
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...ings-a-closer-look-at-rams-state-of-readiness

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- In last week's Twitter mailbag, I was asked whether I believe the St. Louis Rams have the roster in place to compete in 2015. I responded that they've been competitive since Jeff Fisher arrived as coach in 2012. But being competitive and being a contender are two different things.

The Rams have big wins every season under Fisher that would lead you to believe they can be contenders if a couple of things go their way. But they also have bad losses that deflate some of those dreams of contending.

On Tuesday, ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates offered his take on where this year's Rams stand after an offseason spent building the team in the same vein as fellow NFC West division contenders San Francisco and Seattle.

Yates comes to the conclusion that the Rams have the pieces in place to contend, especially the front seven on defenseb but also points to the need for quarterback Nick Foles to excel. Some coaches Yates spoke to pointed to the Rams' lack of explosion on offense and wondered aloud about whether they can get where they want to go with what they have in place.

All are reasonable concerns. And there's little doubt that if the Rams are to take off this year, the offense is going to have to be much improved from what it's been in recent years.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Tuesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we started the day with a look at where Peter King puts the Rams in his offseason rankings. ... The offseason roster review continued with a look at the linebackers. ... We then examined the importance of quarterback Nick Foles' learning a new system during organized team activities. ... Finally, we offered three undrafted free agents with a good chance of making the roster.

Elsewhere:

The NFL continues to look for ways to expand the game globally.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas participated in his weekly chat.

At 101sports.com, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon joined The Fast Lane to discuss the latest on the St. Louis stadium situation.

At FoxSportsMidwest.com, Elisabeth Meinecke previews Jeff Fisher's annual charity softball game.

Chris Long joined Good Morning America to discuss his night on the streets.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The very first link about disecting the d tackles won't work for me. The others do, but the first was the only one I hadn't read yet. Anyone else getting this problem?