Rams News Recap: June 11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Greg Zuerlein Bracing for Longer Extra Point –PD
Greg “The Leg” Zuerlein didn’t get a vote on the matter, otherwise extra points would still be kicked from the 2-yard line.

Rams Notes: Special Teams Standout Reynolds Welcomes Competition –PD
Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Seattle Seahawks in 2011, Chase Reynolds joined the Rams after being released in August that year.

Rams LB Akeem Ayers: The Perfect Fit?
A 25-year-old outside linebacker from Los Angeles, Akeem Ayers was selected in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft at the 39th overall pick by the Tennessee Titans.

Battle for Rams’ Center Job Likely to last into Training Camp –Wagoner
Depending on the day, the St. Louis Rams have a different starting center at every organized team activity.

Even After Strong Rookie Season, Rams’ Gaines Still Sports a Chip on his Shoulder –FSMW
This session of organized team activities, admittedly, looks a little different for Rams cornerback E.J. Gaines.

Rams Getting a Closer look at Cornerback Competition –Wagoner
There’s not a whole lot of wiggle room when it comes to competition on defense since the Rams return all of their 2014 starters.

The Rams’ Young Offensive Line Has Much to Prove –Farr
Young and athletic. You’ll hear those adjectives used ad nauseam leading up to the Rams’ 2015 season, but in the case of the offensive line, they’re fitting descriptions.

Chris Long Getting Back to 100 Percent –Simmons
The 2014 season was tough for Chris Long. Known for his durability in addition to his consistent strong play, the Rams’ defensive end was sidelined for 10 games with a unique ankle injury.

Rams’ Roster Ranked 24th by Pro Football Focus –Wagoner
The folks over at Pro Football Focus have made an annual project out of ranking the 32 NFL rosters from top to bottom. T

Rams Rookie Rob Havenstein: The Veterans Have Been Very Helpful to Us –Video

Jim Thomas Talks Rams’ OTAs, O-Line and Meeting on LA Stadium Projects –Audio

Rams Receivers Looking for Consistency Going into Season –AP
Kenny Britt is looking to make up for lost time. ”There’s definitely more that I feel I can give, because there’s more that I want to give and there’s more that I want to do in my career as I’m going into my seventh year,” Britt said.

Best and Worst Case Scenarios for Todd Gurley –Video

Rams Put Sweat Equity into Rebuilding North St. Louis Football Field –Video

‘Top 100 Players of 2015′: No. 44 Robert Quinn –Video

Bernie Miklasz Gets Riled Up About the Rams’ Potential Move Back to LA –Audio

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Todd Gurley among top 10 running backs of the future
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...rley-among-top-10-running-backs-of-the-future

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- From the moment the St. Louis Rams spent the 10th overall pick on running back Todd Gurley in the NFL draft, coach Jeff Fisher made it clear that selecting Gurley wasn't just about 2015.

On draft night, Fisher referred to Gurley as the team's "back of the future" multiple times. The future will arrive as soon as Gurley recovers from his torn left anterior cruciate ligament and the Rams hope it will stick around for a long time after.

Earlier this week, ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates ranked the top 10 running backs Insider of the next three years. Even at 30, Minnesota's Adrian Peterson comes in at the top of the list with Pittsburgh's Le'Veon Bell and Green Bay's Eddie Lacy at Nos. 2 and 3.

But even without playing a single snap in the NFL, Gurley found his way into Yates' rankings. Gurley registered at No. 7 on the list with Yates mentioning that Gurley appears to have no real holes in his game.

The expectation is that Gurley will be able to step in and make a big contribution right away. If he lives up his billing, Gurley might even be a little low on this list.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams' stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we looked at where the Rams roster ranks in the eyes of Pro Football Focus. ... The Rams center competition looks to last well into training camp and the preseason. ... Rams players and coaches are doing their best to ignore relocation rumors. ... We closed the day with thoughts and observations from the team's Thursday organized team activity.

Elsewhere:

In case you missed it, the complete roster rankings from PFF are here. Insider

Seahawks reporter Terry Blount writes that it's time for Seattle to pay quarterback Russell Wilson.

At FoxSportsMidwest.com, Elisabeth Meinecke covers the developing personality of punter Johnny Hekker.

At 101sports.com, Anthony Stalters examines how changes in the NFC West division have opened the door for the Rams.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas participated in his weekly chat.