Rams News Recap: June 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Tough Negotiations on Chargers Stadium Start Tuesday –Video

Report: Former Ram Scott Wells visits Titans
It has taken some time for a few of the St. Louis Rams departed offensive linemen to find work this offseason, but another former starter appears to be closer to landing a job.

60 Years Later, St. Louis May Finally Get NFL Stadium Right –Gray
Fifty-five years ago, the National Football League took up residence in St. Louis when the Cardinals moved here from Chicago in 1960.

NFL Media’s Bucky Brooks: Rams’ D-Line Third “Scariest” Unit
Comparing the best units across the league, Brooks has the Rams’ front four (or five) in his top three.

Should the Rams Enter 2015 In the Bottom Half of Power Rankings?
After an early 2015 offensive overhaul, the Rams have their eyes set on running over defenses.

Laurinaitis: Rams Ready to Take Workouts to ‘Another Level’
St. Louis Rams middle linebacker James Laurinaitis is looking forward to turning up the intensity at OTAs.

Examining Rams’ Defensive Ceiling in 2015 –Wagoner
As the St. Louis Rams prepare to officially open organized team activities Tuesday, they do so knowing exactly what they have coming back on defense.

Some Thoughts on William Hayes and Chris Long’s Homeless Experience –Wagoner
For those that might have missed on it Sunday, this week’s SportsCenter Featured special centered on St. Louis Rams defensive ends William Hayes and Chris Long’s 24-hour homeless experience.

Rams Offseason Roster Review: Nick Fairley Adds More Push at DT –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams don’t start organized team activities until June 2, but with most of the offseason heavy lifting complete, the roster you see now likely has the vast majority of players who will be on it come the start of the regular season.

14 Questions for Lawmakers Suing Over the St. Louis NFL Stadium –Karraker
It was surprising to find out six Missouri legislators, half of them from the St. Louis area, have filed a suit to circumvent their own job by suing Governor Jay Nixon.

Peter King’s Offseason Power Rankings
Now for a rite of spring. It’s June. (How’d that happen? Where’d the time go?) Time for The MMQB’s 2015 offseason power rankings.

Morning Ram-blings: Where Rams’ D-line ranks among top position groups –Wagoner
When the St. Louis Rams signed defensive tackle Nick Fairley to a one-year deal back in March, it gave them five former first-round picks on their defensive line.

Rams’ William Hayes Talks Undercover Homeless Experience –Audio

New Rams QB Nick Foles 2014 Eagles Highlights –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Where the Rams stand
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/18903/morning-ram-blings-where-the-rams-stand

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Many knowledgeable football people would argue that with a healthy starting quarterback, the St. Louis Rams would have been a legitimate playoff contender in 2014.

Now that the Rams have traded that unhealthy starter (Sam Bradford) for a healthy one in Nick Foles, the discussion of how the team will fare in 2015 isn't centered on having a healthy quarterback so much as having a productive one.

Over at TheMMQB.com, Peter King unveiled his June 1 power rankings of every team in the league in this week's edition of the Monday Morning Quarterback. In said rankings, King has the Rams checking in at No. 19 overall, which amounts to what is essentially another middle-of-the-road season. Those have become commonplace in St. Louis since Jeff Fisher arrived in 2012, though it's also an upgrade over what preceded it.

King writes that the direction the Rams go depends greatly on Foles' ability to perform:

"If Nick Foles is really good, the Rams will win 11. If he’s average, they’ll win eight. You see which way I’m leaning."

He's clearly leaning toward the latter, which wouldn't come as a surprise given the team's recent track record. At this point, I would probably agree with that assessment, though I'm not sure I agree with Foles needing to be "really good" for the Rams to make a move.

Instead, I would say Foles needs to be really consistent for that to happen, especially when it comes to taking care of the ball. This isn't an offense that is going to ask Foles to carry the load, but it is one that will ask him to not mess it up. Too often in 2014, the Rams had backbreaking turnovers that instantly became touchdowns going the other way.

Cutting down on those miscues, staying healthy for 16 games and taking advantage when downfield opportunities arise would be a step in the right direction.

I.C.Y.M.I.�

A roundup of Monday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we started the week with a look at where the Rams' defensive line ranks among the best position groups in the league. ... I then offered some leftover thoughts on Chris Long and William Hayes' homeless experience. ... In the offseason roster review, we examined the team's defensive tackles. ... Finally, we closed the day by looking at what the defense's ceiling might be in 2015.

Elsewhere:

As always, John Clayton hits on a variety of topics in his weekly mailbag.

Kevin Seifert writes that history is not on the side of Adrian Peterson or any running back older than 30.

Once more, in case you didn't see it, here is Liz Merrill's piece and the SportsCenter Featured video on Long and Hayes' night on the streets.

At 101sports.com, Randy Karraker isn't pleased with the legislators bringing a lawsuit to try to stop or slow down the St. Louis stadium plan.

At stltoday.com, Joe Lyons previews the start of organized team activities.