Rams News Recap: Jan. 6

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Even if Kroenke Plays by Rules, Relocating Would be ‘Arduous’ Process –PD
Whether the Rams abide by league guidelines, or simply go rogue and move on their own, relocation isn’t a slam-dunk process.

Strauss: Kroenke’s Plans Open Old Wounds –PD
This was supposed to be one of the safer months for Rams loyalists. No more mind-numbing home meltdowns to the New York Giants and their ilk.

Plenty of Questions About Rams’ Future in St. Louis –Stalter
For the past three years, St. Louis has been left in the dark about the future of the Rams. But at least we got one definitive answer on Monday.

Kroenke may not have the votes to move, and he may not need them –Florio
After months of saying nothing about whether he’ll keep the Rams in St. Louis or move them, owner Stan Kroenke has made his intentions clear by announcing that he plans to build a football stadium in Inglewood, California.

Could the Chargers Block Stan from Moving to LA? –Audio

Bernie: The Immediate Impact of Kroenke’s Bold Move
Stan Kroenke’s decision to go all-in on his desire to be King Football in Los Angeles certainly set off the alarms in St. Louis and other NFL precincts.

Rams’ Kroenke has made his LA play, but it’s not time for St. Louis to Panic — Yet –Balzer
Disaster is around the corner. The sky is falling. Panic is in the air.

Rodger Saffold Set for Shoulder Surgery –Wagoner
After playing a full season with a nagging left shoulder injury, St. Louis Rams offensive lineman Rodger Saffold is scheduled to have surgery on Wednesday.

Kenny Britt ‘definitely’ wants to play for Rams in ’15 –NFL.com
Set to hit free agency, veteran wideout Kenny Britt hopes to see his happy union with the St. Louis Rams continue.

Governor: St. Louis Wants Rams –ESPN
City and state leaders are committed to keeping the Rams in St. Louis but not at the expense of a “bidding war” with Los Angeles.

Prioritizing Rams Free Agents –Wagoner
Asked about his desire to keep his pending free agents this offseason, St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher gave the standard answer at this time of year.

Morning Ram-blings: More on Rams and L.A. –Wagoner
There’s never a dull day when it comes to the St. Louis Rams.

Bernie: “I don’t want to cover this team next year” –Audio

Jason La Canfora Joins Jim Rome To Talk Rams –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Hope for St. Louis?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/15236/morning-ram-blings-hope-for-st-louis

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- After the Monday announcement that St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke is part of a group building a stadium development in Los Angeles, there were plenty of alarm bells going off for fans in St. Louis.

And rightfully so. After all, Kroenke hasn't said anything to assuage their fears that his team is on the way out, and any speaking he's done has been with his wallet. All of those words have been emphatic about a desire to go to L.A. with St. Louis left in the dust.

So, should fans in St. Louis give up hope on the Rams?

On Tuesday afternoon, stltoday.com columnist Bernie Miklasz wrote a blog laying out some possible positives that could come from Kroenke's latest power play.

I'll leave it to you all to decide for yourself, but this much we know: there's still a lot that has to play out before anything definitive will happen.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Tuesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we opened the day with much of what was written about the Rams and Los Angeles following Monday's announcement. ... We then prioritized the Rams' free agent class for 2015. ... Next, we took a look at the pending shoulder surgery for offensive lineman Rodger Saffold. ... Finally, the Rams signed three players to the offseason roster this week.

Elsewhere:

The news story on the city's attempts to keep the Rams.

Arash Markazi of ESPNLA.com examines the plans in Los Angeles.

Not Rams related, but a very cool look from Packers reporter Rob Demovsky at quarterback Aaron Rodgers' ability to throw the deep ball.

At 101sports.com, Brad Thompson provides some options for fans of St. Louis to root for if the Rams depart.

ESPN's Andrew Brandt joined the Kevin Wheeler show to talk Rams and L.A.

An outside take from across the state in the Kansas City Star.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'm a displaced Rams fan in Arkansas but I'm close enough that I drive up for a game here and there (bout 7 hour drive) So I for one hope they get this thing resolved and stay in the lou, but more than anything I hope this doesnt affect the product on the field. We are so close and to have all this crap screw it all up and set the rams back would be sickening.