Rams News Recap: Jan. 19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
St. Louis Should Pause Before Getting Burned Again –PD
Build it, and we might come. That is the message the NFL has delivered to our community. Here’s why we should pause before making that leap of faith.

Rams Ready to ‘Shop’ at Senior Bowl –PD
The Rams have done a fair amount of “shopping” at the Senior Bowl since general manager Les Snead and coach Jeff Fisher took over the program in 2012.

Rams Want to Interview Van Pelt, Chudzinski for OC job –PD
The Rams’ deliberate search for an offensive coordinator picked up pace Monday when the team requested permission to interview a pair of candidates whose teams were eliminated Sunday in the NFL’s conference championships games.

What Are the Obstacles the New Rams Stadium May Face –Audio

Rams Set for Senior Bowl Week –Wagoner
Whether it’s a coincidence or not, the St. Louis Rams have become big proponents of using the offseason’s biggest all-star game as a finding ground for a number of their draft picks.

Plays that Shaped Rams’ Season: No. 10 –Wagoner
Last year, we spent 10 days examining the 10 plays that shaped the St. Louis Rams’ 7-9 season. Now, we begin this year’s version where each day we will examine another play that helped define the team’s 6-10 2014 output.

Checking in on Rams’ Offensive Coordinator Search –Wagoner
Real, tangible news on the St. Louis Rams’ search for an offensive coordinator has been difficult to uncover.

Morning Ram-blings: Rooney Weighs in on Rams –Wagoner
In the apparently never-ending cycle of NFL power brokers weighing in on the future of the Rams in St. Louis, another important voice made his thoughts known Friday.

Senior Bowl Pregame: Les Snead –Video

Mark Barron: “The Guys in This Locker Room Made It Easy for Me” –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Who is Stan Kroenke?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/15559/morning-ram-blings-who-is-stan-kroenke

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- There aren't many people who can tell you much about St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke, at least not in the media. Kroenke has grown more and more reclusive in recent years with his last known media appearance coming in 2012 when the team hired Jeff Fisher as head coach.

This weekend, though, the Los Angeles Times attempted to delve deeper into the man who might be bringing football back to the City of Angels. Times reporter Nathan Fenno offers an interesting and relatively deep (as deep as you can go on a man who won't talk) on Kroenke's competitive streak and his knack for finishing what he starts.

I won't bore you with the usual conjecture and discussion of this topic as I know it is regularly occupying this space and probably will continue to do that but I found this quote from Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones about Kroenke particularly telling:

"He plays his cards real close to the vest," Jones told the Times. "He's information gathering. He's listening. He's observing. He's evaluating. But then make no mistake about it, there's nothing quiet about him when he goes."

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Monday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we began the day with Art Rooney II's comments on the Rams and Los Angeles. ... We then examined the Rams' efforts to add an offensive coordinator. ... The Rams are set for this week's Senior Bowl in Mobile. ... Finally, we began the series looking at 10 plays that shaped the Rams' season.

Elsewhere:

For an early look at the Super Bowl in infographic format, check this out.

Here's John Clayton's question and answers on the Super Bowl matchup.

At 101sports.com, Randy Karraker offered his quick takeaways from championship Sunday.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas looks at the two newest candidates for the Rams' offensive coordinator job.

David Hunn looks at the obstacles that St. Louis faces in building a new stadium.