Rams News Recap for March 21

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams News Items From March 21

Battle for Los Angeles: Rams, Raiders jockey for return to SoCal –La Canfora
There are three NFL teams most closely eyeing Los Angeles. At least one of them will be left without a landing spot in this multi-billion dollar game of musical chairs.

Rams Among Potential Landing Spots for Mark Sanchez –NFL.com
The Rams make plenty of sense. St. Louis offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer coached Sanchez for three years in Florham Park, and the team could use a veteran backup behind Sam Bradford after Kellen Clemens signed with the Chargers.

St. Louis Rams a good fit for Mark Sanchez? –Video

First Draft: Georgia QB Aaron Murray –Video

Changing Draft Dynamics Around the Rams? –Wagoner
It’s widely assumed the St. Louis Rams would like to trade down from their No. 2 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

Rams’ Margin for Error in NFL draft? Zero –Wagoner
Publicly, privately and every way in between, the St. Louis Rams have long targeted the 2014 season as their breakthrough year.

Mike McGlynn Visits the Rams –PFT
Colts offensive lineman Mike McGlynn is making the rounds from Washington to St. Louis. Per a league source, McGlynn has ended his visit to the Redskins and is traveling to visit the Rams.

Morning Ram-blings: Draft Do-Overs –Wagoner
It’s probably a safe bet that the St. Louis Rams would like to have a mulligan on many of their draft picks over the past 10-plus years. Unfortunately, the league doesn’t allow for do-overs and the accumulation of draft busts the Rams have piled up in that time is matched by only a few select teams.

Eddie George: “Wouldn’t be Surprised if Fisher Takes Clowney –Radio Interview

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Lewan's draft stock
By Nick Wagoner

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_b988f9c6-3334-53eb-93c2-0e184ea21ae6.html

In the endless draft talk and speculation that will take us from now until the day finally arrives in May, the St. Louis Rams have been regularly connected to the top offensive tackles with most of that discussion centering on Auburn's Greg Robinson or Texas A&M's Jake Matthews. Michigan's Taylor Lewan hasn't received as much attention but is also highly-regarded among draft analysts.

In some ways, Lewan actually seems like the type of player who would be right up the Rams' alley. Answering questions about some off-field issues at the NFL combine, Lewan did his best to alleviate any concerns that might come up. But it appears those concerns are likely to persist in light of the news from Ann Arbor this week.

According to the Ann Arbor News and our Lions reporter Michael Rothstein, Lewan has been charged with one count of aggravated assault and two counts of assault and battery stemming from an incident that took place on Dec. 1, 2013.

At the combine in Indianapolis, Lewan was asked about the situation. From Rothstein's new story above:

"I went over the Ohio State incident once before. I wasn't in any fight of any kind," Lewan said then. "I was actually breaking something up and some guy said that I slugged him, but that's not who I am off the field, that's not the kind of person I am.

"It might seem that way because of the way I play football, but that's not the way I am as a person."

For Rams fans who are advocates of the team landing Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins, there's long been a belief that they could wait and grab a needed offensive tackle at No. 13. Lewan is a name often bandied about. I've often thought he'd be long gone before the 13th pick. That isn't to say that this situation will prevent a team from picking Lewan in the top dozen. Maybe nothing comes of it, maybe something does. But it's fair to wonder if teams will take an even longer look at Lewan in light of the charges.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Friday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we discussed the idea of draft do-overs and how things might have been different in 2004 had teams had the benefit of hindsight. ... Next, we took a look at the thin margin for error the Rams have in the 2014 draft if they hope to take the next step to the postseason. ... We ended the day with some thoughts on the many moving pieces around the Rams in the draft as free agency rolls on.

Elsewhere:

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas provides an update on Mizzou defensive end Michael Sam's pro day.

Thomas also has numbers on the other Mizzou players heading toward the draft.

The Jets released quarterback Mark Sanchez. One guess where many think he lands.

Turf Show Times looks ahead to the Rams' potential 2015 free agents.