Rams News Recap for April 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams News Items From April 4

Clowney’s Pro Day Makes Rams’ Choice Much Tougher –Karraker
After South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney’s sensational pro day workout at Williams-Brice Stadium on Wednesday, he enhanced what already was an enviable draft position for the Rams. Going into the workout, people wondered if Clowney would be in shape and be able to maintain the excellent skills displayed at the combine.

Rams Notes: Rams Not Expected to Make Run at Johnson –PD
Chris Johnson came into the NFL under Jeff Fisher as a first-round draft pick by Tennessee in 2008. He spent his first three seasons with Fisher, including a magical 2009 campaign in which he rushed for 2,006 yards.

Where Rams Rank in Popularity –Wagoner
Over at partner site FiveThirtyEight, founder and editor in chief Nate Silver posted an interesting look at the relative popularity of North American professional sports teams on a worldwide scale.

Draft Winners & Losers: 2004-2013 –NFP
On May 11 (the day after the completion of the 2014 draft) football fans will be inundated with draft grades for NFL teams. While this makes for some interesting reading, we must bear in mind that these grades are for players that have yet to be seen in an NFL uniform.

Mizzou Standout Ealy Visits Rams –PD
Even if the Rams don’t take defensive end Jadeveon Clowney of South Carolina at No. 2 overall, that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re finished looking at potential help for their front four. That’s because University of Missouri defensive end Kony Ealy is paying a pre-draft visit to Rams Park today.

Morning Ram-blings: What About CJ? –Wagoner
The inevitable divorce between the Tennessee Titans and running back Chris Johnson is nearly upon us and though it won’t make the waves the sudden release and pursuit of receiver DeSean Jackson made, it will draw plenty of attention.

Softli Talks Chris Johnson and Rams Interest –Radio Interview

Nick Wagoner’s Rams Chat Highlights: April 4

Watkins: ‘I Have Some Freakish Skills’ –Video

Sammy Watkins on Off-the-field Issues –Video

How Big is the Gap in the NFC West? –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Warner's allegiance
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/7331/morning-ram-blings-warners-allegiance

Without a doubt, quarterback Kurt Warner remains one of the most beloved players in the history of the St. Louis Rams. In fact, Warner is still so beloved in St. Louis that it's easy to find his jersey on many fans on Rams game days even to this day.

It's easy to remember the glory days of Warner as a Ram, to think back to when he was the conductor of the "Greatest Show on Turf" and leading the team to a win in Super Bowl XXXIV and an appearance at Super Bowl XXXVI. Lost in the reminiscing of those days is how Warner's time in St. Louis ended. It wasn't a pretty divorce as then coach Mike Martz opted to put the franchise in the hands of quarterback Marc Bulger.

After a one-year stop in New York with the Giants, Warner revitalized his career in Arizona and led the previously moribund Cardinals to an appearance in Super Bowl XLIII.

Warner ended his career with similar numbers in his time in Arizona and St. Louis but retired a Cardinal when the team still wanted him to return. Earlier this week, Warner was asked about his allegiance between the two teams by TMZ Sports. In what surely isn't a popular answer amongst Rams faithful, Warner said he would tend to lean toward Arizona. He also made it clear he still has plenty of love for the Rams and St. Louis.

"If there was one I would probably feel more allegiance to Arizona than I do St. Louis just because of the fact that there are still a number of people there whether it's teammates or in the upper levels [of the organization]," Warner said. "Being the last place that I played, being that I still live there, there's probably a little more allegiance there. But still a huge fan of St. Louis and thankful for everything they gave me."

While Warner did win a Super Bowl with the Rams and they gave him his chance, it's understandable why Warner would still feel connected to a franchise that he finished with on such a high note. Beyond that, the Cardinals still have teammates, coaches and support staff from Warner's time there. The turnover in the Rams organization has left little in the way of people Warner spent time with in St. Louis.

In the big picture, none of this is really a big deal. Warner is still loved in St. Louis and still gives back to the community here through his charitable efforts. Likewise, unlike the Baseball Hall of Fame, the Pro Football Hall of Fame doesn't recognize players as "going in" as any member of a particular team. So there will be no debate when Warner earns his trip to Canton.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Friday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we took a closer look at the pending release of running back Chris Johnson and how the Rams aren't likely to pursue him but it would be short-sighted to preclude any former Titan from Rams' interest. ... Next, I participated in the weekly Rams chat, answering your questions for a couple of hours on all things related to the team. ... Finally, we took a look at Nate Silver's latest on FiveThirtyEight.com, which examines the relative popularity of the teams from the major North American professional sports.

Elsewhere:

ESPN Insider Field Yates breaks down potential landing spots for Johnson, including a Rams mention.

At 101sports.com, Anthony Stalter takes a look at some potential fits for the Rams at wide receiver.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas provides the latest update on Rams' pre-draft visitors.

Add Missouri defensive end Kony Ealy to that list, Thomas writes.

NFL.com posits that the Rams have the most pressure on them going into 2014.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As Phx originally declared; you're a human RSS feed! (y)