Rams News Recap: Dec. 7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Notes: Look Who’s Out There for the Coin Toss –PD
Never let it be said that Jeff Fisher lacks a sense of humor.

Rams Are Zeroed In –PD
The Rams are playing so good defensively these days, even they can’t believe it. After Sunday’s 24-0 victory over Washington at FedEx Field, free safety Rodney McLeod was told the Rams have posted back-to-back shutouts for the first time since 1945.

Bernie: Rams finally show how good they can be
This is the football team we’ve been waiting for. Talented, tough and all attitude. Young but maturing. Not quite complete, but progressing in an eye-opening way.

ESPN’s Sunday Blitz: Rams-Redskins Recap –Video

Tavon Austin Breaks Through Against Redskins –Wagoner
Rams multipurpose weapon Tavon Austin grew up in Baltimore and estimated he had about 32 friends and family at Sunday’s game against the Washington Redskins.

Jeff Fisher on Shutout Win Over Redskins –Audio

Wagoner’s Game Balls: St. Rams at Washington –Video

Bernie Bytes: Rams Love that Winning Feeling
Some notes on my flip card following the Rams’ 24-0 victory over the Redskins on Sunday afternoon at FedEx Field. And pardon my typos:

Rams Romp to Another Shutout Win –PD
For those keeping score, it’s now 76-0 Rams in the last two Sundays. They have scored back-to-back victories for the first time since Games 15 and 16 of last season after Sunday’s 24-0 blanking of Washington at FedEx Field.

Rams Trot Out Redskins Trade Haul –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams had a little different look during the pregame coin toss of Sunday’s 24-0 win against the Washington Redskins.

Greg Zuerlein Misses Extra Point, Two Short Field Goals –Wagoner
Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams’ 24-0 victory against the Washington Redskins:

Rams Defense Earning all ‘A’s’ Right Now –Wagoner
After his team pitched a shutout for the second consecutive week Sunday against the Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams defensive end Chris Long sounded like a hard man to impress.

Rapid Reaction: Rams vs. Redskins –Wagoner
A few thoughts on the St. Louis Rams’ 24-0 victory over the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field:

T.J. McDonald Talks Interception/Win Over Redskins –Audio

Fisher “Happy for the guys, back-to-back shutouts” –Video

Rams at Redskins Postgame Notes

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Monday game balls
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/14430/morning-ram-blings-monday-game-balls-13

LANDOVER, Md. -- The St. Louis Rams are making a habit of giving me a lot to think about when it comes to handing out postgame honors.

As per Monday morning custom, all of us here at ESPN's NFL Nation dished out our game balls for Sunday's best and brightest performances with familiar names like Pittsburgh running back Le'Veon Bell, Houston defensive end J.J. Watt and Detroit defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh dotting the landscape.

After posting their second consecutive shutout in a 24-0 victory against the Washington Redskins, I once again had a difficult choice. The defense has obviously earned plaudits but how do you choose just one? And I gave one to defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and his crew after they nearly shut out the Denver Broncos a few weeks ago.

So, I decided to honor Rams multi-purpose weapon Tavon Austin with a game ball while writing my postgame column on the performance of the defense. It was a compromise for a problem that hasn't been too prevalent around this team recently. But with the Rams playing so much better in recent weeks, it sure beats earlier in the season when it was difficult to even come up with one choice.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Sunday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In Rapid Reaction, I offered thoughts and observations on the Rams' victory right after the game. ... Locker room buzz provided coach Jeff Fisher's attempt to express confidence in kicker Greg Zuerlein. ... As mentioned above, the Rams' defense is rolling in no small part because of its ability to attack the "A" gap consistently. ... Fisher had a little fun with his pregame coin toss captain selections. ... Along with Redskins reporter John Keim, we offer our game ball choices in video form. ... Finally, a closer look at Austin's big day.

Elsewhere:

Jim Basquil and Ron Jaworski break down the Rams' win.

Keim offers his quick thoughts in the Redskins version of Rapid Reaction.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas provided his instant game story.

Columnist Bernie Miklasz offered his thoughts on the win.

Jeff Gordon hands out his weekly grades.