Rams News Recap: Dec. 28

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Deja vu for Rams –PD
We’ve seen this one before. Rams fight hard, hang in game, then make a couple of costly mistakes that prove to be the difference.

Rams Still Stuck in Neutral –Wagoner
It was a loss that played out like so many before, a loss that played out as if on an endless loop.

Rams Will pick 10th in 2015 Draft –PD
Again, the Rams won’t have to wait very long to make their first pick in the draft. After Sunday’s 20-6 defeat to Seattle at CenturyLink Field, the 6-10 Rams will have the 10th overall selection in the 2015 draft.

Strauss: Feeble offense dooms Rams to 10th loss –PD
Playing in the deafening caldron called CenturyLink Field, the Rams accomplished the statistically improbable Sunday before giving in to the entirely predictable.

Rams OT Rodger Saffold Set For Surgery –Wagoner
Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams’ 20-6 loss to the Seattle Seahawks:

Rams Turn Over Final game to Seahawks –PD
We’ve seen this one before: The Rams fight hard, hang in the game, then make a couple of costly mistakes that prove to the be the difference.

Rapid Reaction: Rams vs. Seahawks –Wagoner
A few thoughts on the St. Louis Rams’ 20-6 loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday at CenturyLink Field:

Game Trailer: Rams at Seahawks –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Team MVPs
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/15054/morning-ram-blings-team-mvps

SEATTLE -- With the regular season officially complete, there were no game balls passed out for Week 17.

Instead, our 32 NFL Nation reporters across the league handed out a game ball to the player he or she deemed to be that team's Most Valuable Player. The list includes many names you'd expect, including Houston defensive end J.J. Watt and Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

For the St. Louis Rams, the choice was difficult, much harder than last year, when end Robert Quinn won it going away. I considered Quinn again and took a close look at punter Johnny Hekker and safety T.J. McDonald as well.

Ultimately, I went with defensive tackle Aaron Donald. The overall improvement of the defense upon his getting more snaps and starting was too much to ignore. I posed the question on Twitter and got many responses, but Donald received the most votes in the end.

There weren't a lot of bright spots in 2014, as most 6-10 seasons would indicate, but Donald was certainly one of them. It's a pick the Rams hit out of the park.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Sunday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In Rapid Reaction, I offered quick thoughts and observations from the Rams' 20-6 loss to the Seahawks. ... Locker Room Buzz provided a quick glimpse of the Rams' draft position in 2015. ... Seahawks reporter Terry Blount and I handed out our game balls in video format. ... Finally, three years into the Jeff Fisher regime, the Rams are still stuck in neutral.

Elsewhere:

Jim Basquil and Eric Allen break down Sunday's game.
Seahawks safety Earl Thomas discusses the win.
Not Rams-related per se but Jim Harbaugh is officially out in San Francisco.
At 101sports.com, Jeff Fisher reflects on the latest loss.
At stltoday.com, Jeff Gordon offers grades on Sunday's performance.
Jim Thomas' instant game story.