Rams News Recap: Dec. 21

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Little Consolation for the Rams –PD
Before they took an offensive snap Sunday afternoon, the Rams found themselves in a 10-0 hole.

Gordon: Mistakes Define the Rams Under Fisher
After three years under the Jeff Fisher regime, the Rams have established a clear identity.

Late Hit By Ogletree Triggers Brawl –PD
Safety T.J. McDonald said the Rams’ defense plays with an edge. In Sunday’s 37-27 loss to the New York Giants, the defense went over the edge.

Rams Disappointed in Loss to Giants –Latsch
It was disappointing, unacceptable and bad. Those were the words veteran Rams defensive end Chris Long chose to use to describe his team’s performance in their 37-27 loss to the visiting New York Giants on Sunday at Edward Jones Dome.

Even Rams Defense Hasn’t Moved Past Letdowns –Wagoner
Entering Sunday’s game against the New York Giants, the St. Louis Rams defense was playing about as well as any in the league over the past eight weeks.

Rams’ E.J. Gaines OK after Scary Collision –Wagoner
Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams’ 37-27 loss to the New York Giants:

Rams Are No-Shows in Loss to Giants –PD
The big question entering the day was whether the Rams could keep their focus and motivation after losing any chance at a playoff berth or a winning record the week before against Arizona.

Rapid Reaction: Rams vs. Giants –Wagoner
A few thoughts on the St. Louis Rams’ 37-27 loss to the New York Giants at the Edward Jones Dome.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Monday game balls
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/14833/morning-ram-blings-monday-game-balls-14

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- After a short hiatus because of the Thursday night game, we return to your regularly scheduled Monday game ball open for the Ram-blings.

After another interesting slate of games around the NFL, our ESPN NFL Nation reporters handed out game balls for the best performances of week 16.

Here in St. Louis, I went with receiver Kenny Britt, who had nine catches for 103 yards and had a nice block to set up running back Tre Mason's 10-yard touchdown run. There wasn't much to choose from in this one but Britt has been a solid addition for the Rams and should be an offseason priority when it comes time to hand out new contracts.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Sunday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... We began the day with a look at the inactives for Sunday's Rams-Giants game. ... Rapid Reaction provided my initial thoughts and reactions from the matchup. ... Locker Room Buzz provided some observations and thoughts from the Rams' locker room after the game. ... The Rams defense proved it hasn't moved past the point of possible letdowns. ... Here's Giants reporter Dan Graziano and I handing out our game balls. ... The Giants believe the Rams played dirty, the Rams thought the Giants were disrespectful, here's our news story on what happened next.

Elsewhere:

Graziano writes that Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. is a great player but still has to find the line between over the top and maintaining his edge.

Giants linebacker Jameel McClain was not pleased with the Rams' style of play.

At 101sports.com, Jeff Fisher discussed the Rams' loss right after the game.

At stltoday.com, Jeff Gordon hands out his weekly grades.

In Jim Thomas' instant game story, he writes the Rams no-showed against the Giants.