Rams News Recap: Dec. 15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Can Still Win with Schottenheimer –Karraker
I received a tweet from a guy wondering what I’ve seen from Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer to make me think the Rams can win with him. I pointed out that, despite losing their top receiver in Brian Quick, their left tackle Jake Long and quarterback Sam Bradford, the Rams were seventeenth in the NFL in points scored.

Texans Sign Keenum off Rams’ Practice Squad –PD
There was a time early in the NFL season when quarterback Case Keenum appeared to be a part of the Rams’ quarterback puzzle going forward.

Jim Thomas Rams Report –Audio

Rams Losing QB Case Keenum to Texans –Wagoner
Quarterback Case Keenum never really got much of an opportunity with the St. Louis Rams.

What’s Left for the St. Louis Rams in 2014 –Wagoner
With their 12-6 defeat to the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday night, the St. Louis Rams lost more than just a game.

Rams Rookie Review: Week 15 –Wagoner
A look at playing time and production of the St. Louis Rams’ rookie class in Thursday’s 12-6 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.

Morning Ram-blings: QB Options –Wagoner
I didn’t get a chance to write about it last week because of the short week and all that was going on in preparation for the St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals game on Thursday night but wanted to circle back to something colleague Field Yates wrote.

How are the Rams prepping for the Giants? –Audio

NFL Draft: No. 1 Pick is Wide Open –Video

Rams’ Offense Seeks Short-Yardage Improvement –Wagoner
Before the season started, the St. Louis Rams set out to be a physical, grind-it-out type of team capable of lining up, powering up and running right at opponents.

Aaron Donald Making run at Defensive Rookie of the Year –PD
As Rams defensive line coach Mike Waufle tells the story, you had to see it to believe it when watching tape of Aaron Donald in college and at the Senior Bowl.

Rams Legends –The Greatest Players To Wear the Horns –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Staying put in 2015?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/14692/morning-ram-blings-staying-put-in-2015

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- As the speculation about the St. Louis Rams, Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers moving to Los Angeles in the offseason builds to a crescendo, nothing concrete has materialized yet.

At last week's league meetings, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said nothing appeared imminent on the Los Angeles front. In Sunday's New York Times, reporter Ken Belson wrote that the chances of a team moving to Los Angeles in time for the 2015 season were "dim."

In the piece, Belson cites sources claiming to have knowledge of a meeting between St. Louis stadium point man Dave Peacock and Eric Grubman, the NFL's point man on bringing football back to Los Angeles.

From Belson's article:

"Peacock shared with Grubman preliminary plans for a stadium near the Mississippi River and north of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, as well as ideas for other potential sites, according to several people with knowledge of their meeting."

Clearly, like most everything that has come out on this topic this year, there's no guarantee either way on where the Rams will play their games long term. It's still safe to expect the Rams to go year-to-year on their lease when it expires in January but it also isn't out of the realm of possibility that they'll file for relocation by the Feb. 15 deadline, either.

By this point, there have been so many conflicting reports that it's hard to know what's real and what isn't. The good news is that we'll start to get some real answers, at least as it pertains to 2015, soon enough.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Monday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we took a look at some ideas for the Rams' offseason quarterback plans. ... In this week's rookie review, we offered snap counts and production from the team's rookie class against Arizona. ... Quarterback Case Keenum looks to be headed back to the Houston Texans. ... Finally, we looked at what the Rams have to gain over the season's final two weeks.

Elsewhere:

Always worth checking out Kevin Seifert's weekly officiating report.

Pro Football Focus offers up some offseason fixes for the 49ers.

At 101sports.com, Randy Karraker makes a case for the Rams to keep offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas profiled Rams rookie defensive tackle Aaron Donald.