Rams News Recap: Dec. 11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Cardinals Get to Rams CB Jenkins for Big Plays –PD
In a game that was tight from start to finish, the Cardinals found success going after Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins. Both times it was Arizona wide receiver Michael Floyd who got the best of Jenkins on Thursday at the Edward Jones Dome.

Bernie: Cardinals Put Rams Back in Familiar Place
After threatening to prove that they were becoming a good team, the Rams were slugged back into place by the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday night at the Edward Jones Dome.

Rams Were Close on a Lot of Plays –PD
In recent shutout victories over Oakland and Washington, everything, it seemed, fell the Rams’ way. Not on Thursday night.

Cardinals Hold Off Rams, 12-6, in Slugfest –PD
The Rams were so very close to .500 for much of Thursday evening and a third straight victory. But in a game of field goals, without a touchdown scored by either team, the NFC West-leading Arizona Cardinals held on for a 12-6 victory at the Edward Jones Dome.

Rapid Reaction: Rams vs. Cardinals –Wagoner
A few thoughts on the St. Louis Rams’ 12-6 loss to the Arizona Cardinals at the Edward Jones Dome:

Cardinals vs. Rams Preview –Wagoner
A lot has changed for the St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals since they last met Nov. 9. Little more than a month later, both teams are employing different starting quarterbacks and seem to be trending in opposite directions.

Bernie: Is Shaun Hill Trending Up?
Except for one regrettable interception that cost the Rams a win at San Diego, we can’t find much fault with Shaun Hill’s play at quarterback since his return to the starting job four games ago.

Rams vs. Cardinals: Which Defense Dominates? –Video

Rams Keys to Victory vs. the Cardinals –Video

Bernie’s Rams-Cardinals Preview –Video

Top 5 St. Louis Rams Plays of 2014 –Video

Chris Long: “I Think Aaron Donald Should Be in the Pro Bowl” –Video

Jim Thomas: Rams Ready After Short Week –Video

Gregg Williams: “The experience on the staff helps us” –Video

Kurt Warner: ‘I Expect to See Great Defensive Performances’ –Video

All 22 View: James Laurinaitis’ Sack of Colt McCoy –Video

‘Inside the NFL': Cardinals vs. Rams Preview –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Bruce Arians fires at Rams
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/14611/morning-ram-blings-bruce-arians-fires-at-rams

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Going into Thursday night's game, the St. Louis Rams were surprisingly favored against the Arizona Cardinals.

But with the Cardinals struggling some and the Rams rolling of late and at home, it was at least a little understandable why the folks in Las Vegas thought the Rams would win the game. But Arizona coach Bruce Arians didn't agree.

So when Arizona emerged from Thursday's slugfest with a 12-6 win, Arians made it clear that he doesn't understand the lack of respect to his now 11-3 team.

“I love it when nobody says you have a chance to win,” Arians said, according to Pro Football Talk. “There is an 11-3 team and a team that is always 8-8. You figure it out.”

According to the Pro Football Talk report, Arians also offered an interesting take on the Rams defense.

“Everybody wanted to talk all that stuff about how great their defense is," Arians said. "I think they saw a good defense tonight, it was in red and white. We blocked them. I think they had been reading their press clippings way too much.”

Arians has never been one to pull punches so it's not surprising to see him offer some blunt thoughts but it is a little surprising to see him take a couple of shots at the Rams.

On his first point, you can't really argue with the truth though Arians was actually being a bit generous in calling the Rams an 8-8 team. They haven't even been 8-8 since 2006.

On the second, while Arians is right to credit his defense, the "reading their press clippings way too much" comment doesn't make much sense. Arizona's defense was the better of the two on Thursday night but the Cardinals didn't block the Rams well enough to post more than 12 points or 274 yards.

Either way, the Cardinals swept the Rams and now carry the ultimate trump card.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... We opened the day with Cardinals reporter Josh Weinfuss and I previewing the game. ... In the prediction post, I (wrongly) chose the Rams to win. ... Before the game, I offered the inactives for the game. ... Rapid Reaction provided thoughts and observations on the Rams' loss. ... Weinfuss and I handed out game balls to the game's best performers. ... Locker Room Buzz discussed Jeff Fisher's decision to kick the field goal on fourth and goal at Arizona's 1. ... Finally, we closed the night with a look at the three plays that cost the Rams a victory.

Elsewhere:

Weinfuss offered his immediate thoughts and observations from the Cardinals' perspective.

The transcript of the testimony shows inconsistencies with Commissioner Roger Goodell and how he handled the Ray Rice situation.

At 101sports.com, Fisher gives his thoughts immediately after the loss.

At stltoday.com, Jeff Gordon hands out his grades.

Bernie Miklasz writes that Arizona's win has the Rams in a familiar position.