Rams News Recap: April 15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
WR DeVante Parker Makes Rams Park House Call –PD
When free-agent Kenny Britt re-signed with the Rams last month, it meant that the team’s top five wide receivers in 2014 would be returning for the 2015 campaign.

Bryce Petty scheduled for workout with Rams –PFT
The Rams set up workouts with Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota this month, although it will likely a big price in a trade for them to move high enough up the draft order to secure either of those quarterbacks.

Ten for Rams Pick No. 10: La’el Collins –Wagoner
Today we continue our series of 10 for No. 10, a look at 10 players who could be in the mix for the St. Louis Rams with the 10th overall selection.

Polian: How College Stars Become Draft Busts –Video

E.J. Gaines Could Figure Prominently in CB Competition –Video

Mike Mayock Talks NFL Draft With Rich Eisen –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: A Rams trade in the offing?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/17680/morning-ram-blings-a-rams-trade-in-the-offing

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- And we're back. After some much needed time away, the Ram-blings are back in the mix and so is the rest of our usual coverage of the St. Louis Rams here at ESPN.com.

Of course, we have a lot of ground still to cover in the coming weeks with the NFL draft finally, mercifully set to begin two weeks from Thursday. I'm sure you're all as ready as I am to get it going.

On Wednesday, ESPN's Mark Dominik ran down a list of trades that would make sense in the upcoming draft. Included in that list was a move that might not be sexy for the Rams but one that certainly makes sense.

Dominik proposed that the Rams send the No. 10 overall pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for the No. 18 pick and a second-round choice (No. 49 overall). The Chiefs would move up for Louisville receiver DeVante Parker and then, under Dominik's proposal, the Rams would be able to take the best available offensive lineman in the first round and have extra ammunition in the second round.

It's pretty hard to argue with this idea and if the Rams could find a way to get an extra second-round pick, they'd really be able to reload on the offensive line and have an additional premium pick to spend on a quarterback. There may not be enough (or any) linemen who are worthy of the No. 10 pick depending on who you ask and moving down eight spots could result in better value. The only risk would be if there's a player the Rams really like at 10 might not make it. But it seems as thought Stanford tackle Andrus Peat and Iowa lineman Brandon Scherff would probably be gone.

Still, that would put the Rams in a good range for guys like LSU's La'el Collins, Florida's D.J. Humphries, Florida State's Cam Erving and others. What say you, Rams fans, would this hypothetical type of trade be appealing?

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of what's been rolling here at ESPN.com on the Rams front. ... As you may have noticed, we've been running down 10 players who could be candidates to be the 10th pick for the Rams. Here's a brief rundown of some of those from this week: LSU offensive lineman La'el Collins was Wednesday's subject, we covered Missouri defensive lineman Shane Ray on Tuesday, Monday offered a look at Stanford tackle Andrus Peat and we kicked off the week with a look at West Virginia receiver Kevin White. ... Earlier this week, I teamed up with our draft insiders and the rest of NFL Nation to offer these draft guides. ... Also, in Wednesday's buzz video, I discussed where cornerback E.J. Gaines fits in the plans for 2015.

Elsewhere:�

ESPN Insider Mike Sando measures Mel Kiper Jr.'s big board against the numbers.

Todd McShay offers the best fits for the draft's top front-seven prospects.

On the race to Los Angeles front, San Diego Chargers reporter Eric Williams reports that league executive Eric Grubman warned San Diego that its time is running short to get a new stadium plan in place.

At 101sports.com, Anthony Stalter writes that a trade down is the best-case scenario for the Rams.

At stltoday.com, the Post-Dispatch lists the 50 worst draft picks in St. Louis Rams history.