Rams New Staff List

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

View: https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/1227665343708983296

1581707091171.png

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I noticed that OLB Landis Durham has been left of the new roster list, guess he was quietly let go.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I know many have communicated that McVay is now reinvigorated with the new coaching staff and truly I do believe his is. O'Connell should free him up more and I know he's a fan of Vic Fangio's defense and believe Brandon Staley is the perfect guy to install it and oversee it and I chucked when he responded to Gary Klein on O'Connell saying, he'll be here longer than a year, but looking at this phono, McVay looks scared as hell IMHO.
1581865933439.png

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not sure that you can take a frame grab of someone, mid-sentence and infer their state of mind, or try to de-code their facial expressions.

True and McVay was very upbeat during the press conference, but again, a picture is worth a thousand words and the LA Times snapped it at an opportune time IMO....Again I'm looking forward to the new defense under Brandon Staley and improvement with QB Jared Goff under O'Connell.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
McVay seemed to almost burn with intensity in that press conference. I haven't seen him with that level of focus in front of the press for a while. IMO he realizes his team could have played with and done well in this past year's playoffs and he is hell bent on recovering that playoff form.

I've always believed you're only as good as the people who work for you. Last year Waldron was not ready and you could see it from day one. Kromer I suspect led the Rams to believe they were good to go on the OL interior and IMO was out-gameplanned in the run game in many weeks. There were also guys on the staff that added nothing i.e. weren't able to step up and take up slack like Fisch. McVay is seeing the truth in things IMO and is counting on O'Connell in particular to turn those things around.

Also because of how things went down with the OL last season I suspect there were probably conversations between McVay and Snead re: the coaching staff's role in draft evaluation and roster building. I have nothing to prove this just opinion and following the logic of how last season went. I am guessing Les will squelch the voices a bit wrt the depth chart and roster build as it pertains to the assistant coaches and maybe that's part of the rationale in his new coordinators staying home for the combine.