Rams Must Strongly Consider Cutting Ties With Laurinatis, Drafting Replacement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know we gave him a nice contract in 2012, but don't know the number for certain, just know it was a 5 year, $41.5 million contract. Don't know the yearly numbers, but i am guessing wouldnt be cap friendly if we cut and replaced him. And if we drafted someone to take his place and kept JLau, they would just be wasting all those millions on the bench. I do like Jlau, but i think he could be upgraded, but unfortunately, its just doesn't make sense money wise as far as i know.
This year it's out of the question. Next year or the year after, however...

OuAXYAw.png

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This year it's out of the question. Next year or the year after, however...

OuAXYAw.png

Ahhh, thanks X. Next year when his cap hit would be $4 mil would be the best time to do it if we do, and if they did plan on cutting him next year, they could draft a prospect who could play MLB and they could for the most part ride the bench or play here and there and just learn for a year before getting the starter gig and cutting ties with JLau. Would love a true thumper at MLB who could make more splash plays and just be better overall. I want a true stud who excels all over in his duties.

*im horrible at contracts and cap stuff. If we cut him next year, would we only have the $800k against or cap, or would teh original cap hit still apply? I'm thinking only the dead money now after looking over your chart again. If so, then either next year or the year after are both good times to let him go. Love how his contract is worked out though, taking the blunt of it right away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Ill definitaly have to bookmark that page. Thank flv.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Show how he compares in passing situations. He's made some nice pass breakups this season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's why some people think he'd be better as an OLB(including myself).
He really would. A few of us were talking about how much better it would be with Hull at MLB (a thumper) and JL at OLB.
This was back in 2011 though, so...

V3

Hall of Fame
He really would. A few of us were talking about how much better it would be with Hull at MLB (a thumper) and JL at OLB.
This was back in 2011 though, so...

I know the Rams have been scouting Mosley. Perhaps they're thinking of him becoming the MLB in a year or two?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I know the Rams have been scouting Mosley. Perhaps they're thinking of him becoming the MLB in a year or two?

Entirely possible, but i rather grab Mack if we are grabbing a LB in the 1st round. He could play it fine i believe, thought Mosley would probably be better initially. Mack could also be moved around if needed. Not knocking on Mosley, as he is a really good prospect. Need to do more research to be honest, just going off initial assessments.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
JL is the sixth best MLB/ILB in the NFC West.

We have so many holes, sometimes we have to settle for pretty good for now.
He (JL) is usually the 23rd best defensive player on the field at any given time. We should play the statue of Ray Nitschke if we really want production

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Man i wish Perryman hadn't decided to stay another year at Miami. He is a big thumper and could play OLB till JLau was cut and move back to ILB and be a wreaking ball.

V3

Hall of Fame
Entirely possible, but i rather grab Mack if we are grabbing a LB in the 1st round. He could play it fine i believe, thought Mosley would probably be better initially. Mack could also be moved around if needed. Not knocking on Mosley, as he is a really good prospect. Need to do more research to be honest, just going off initial assessments.

I knew Mack was up there but I wasn't sure if he played MLB. I'm like you; still way too early in the draft process for me to judge many of the players.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I knew Mack was up there but I wasn't sure if he played MLB. I'm like you; still way too early in the draft process for me to judge many of the players.

From everything i read from many many websites and people evaluating him, it seems he can play MLB in a 4-3 or 3-4, or OLB in a 4-3 or 3-4, and could also play DE in a 4-3. Its crazy how much everything i read about him says he could literally play any of those positions, and play them well. But yea, still need to watch him more like you said. As always, I am already starting to lose my mind from all the draft talk and work lol.

V3

Hall of Fame
From everything i read from many many websites and people evaluating him, it seems he can play MLB in a 4-3 or 3-4, or OLB in a 4-3 or 3-4, and could also play DE in a 4-3. Its crazy how much everything i read about him says he could literally play any of those positions, and play them well. But yea, still need to watch him more like you said. As always, I am already starting to lose my mind from all the draft talk and work lol.

The sad part is that the NFL had to move the draft to FREAKING MAY! :slap:

I thought it was bad before. I was wrong.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The sad part is that the NFL had to move the draft to FREAKING MAY! :slap:

I thought it was bad before. I was wrong.

lol ikr, was horrible before, now its going to be beyond torture. But of course they need more money......If they truly loved football and acclimating college players to the pros, the draft would be a month after the superbowl. We are in for the longest offseason ever it seems lol.

RFIP

I actually wouldn't cry if he was replaced..

I have always wanted a thumper in the middle.

I say the same thing and he always gets dragged for extra yardage BUT the guy plays every down, is the defensive QB and is damn good in coverage. I go hot and cold on him but no denying he's a Fisher fav so he is going nowhere.