Rams Must Strongly Consider Cutting Ties With Laurinatis, Drafting Replacement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
James Laurinaitis Milestones;

Number of winning seasons: 0
Number of seasons >120 tackles: 0
Number of career forced fumbles: 1
Number of seasons with >2 INTs: 0
Rams record with JL as starter: 24-55

Plus, he's really expensive.

PhxRam

I actually wouldn't cry if he was replaced..

I have always wanted a thumper in the middle.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To be clear: my post is poking fun at the Bradford post!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Lol I've said I want a guy that leaves teeth and claw marks on opposing players. But JL isn't on the hit list IMO, he OK for now. But you and I feel the same way, I want an enforcer in the secondary at safety and a punishing hitter at MLB. Strong up the middle is true in any sport.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
James Laurinaitis Milestones;

Number of winning seasons: 0
Number of seasons >120 tackles: 0
Number of career forced fumbles: 1
Number of seasons with >2 INTs: 0
Rams record with JL as starter: 24-55

Plus, he's really expensive.

Throw up JLs passing stats and I'll get back to you.

jjab360

Legend
Actually, Laurinaitis does have 2 seasons of 140+ tackles, but that's neither here nor there. I know this post is tongue in cheek, but I do wonder why he only has 1 forced fumble in 5 years, when Ogletree had 6 his rookie year alone. Still, a very good player nonetheless.

Ramifications

JL is the sixth best MLB/ILB in the NFC West.

We have so many holes, sometimes we have to settle for pretty good for now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They need another LBer. If James is injured then who plays MLB that can make all the calls on D? Nobody. JL is key and the Rams need another instinctual LBer on the team that can be groomed to take over the middle if need be.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They need another LBer. If James is injured then who plays MLB that can make all the calls on D? Nobody. JL is key and the Rams need another instinctual LBer on the team that can be groomed to take over the middle if need be.

He played injured last year and was slightly dinged this year too.

But your point about QBing the defense is a good one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Witherspoon is a bona fide middle linebacker. But that's not the future, obviously.
Maybe Armstrong could be groomed to be the MLB?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sixth best? BS. I'd say only Willis and Bowman are better for sure.
Unfortunately, it's kinda true. We all love his personality, durability, and intelligence, but he's deceptively average.

KhgwXWb.png

jjab360

Legend
Unfortunately, it's kinda true. We all love his personality, durability, and intelligence, but he's deceptively average.

KhgwXWb.png
Meh, consider me one of those people who doesn't take PFF's word as bond. I don't see how their grading system would be able to take into account a player's responsibility on any given play without being in that coaching room.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Meh, consider me one of those people who doesn't take PFF's word as bond. I don't see how their grading system would be able to take into account a player's responsibility on any given play without being in that coaching room.
They don't try to figure that out. The make that pretty clear. They just watch them in coverage, watch them when a RB is in their zone, and register their respective penalties. I love J.L. as much as anyone, but it's not necessarily a good thing when you never hear about your middle linebacker.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I know we gave him a nice contract in 2012, but don't know the number for certain, just know it was a 5 year, $41.5 million contract. Don't know the yearly numbers, but i am guessing wouldnt be cap friendly if we cut and replaced him. And if we drafted someone to take his place and kept JLau, they would just be wasting all those millions on the bench. I do like Jlau, but i think he could be upgraded, but unfortunately, its just doesn't make sense money wise as far as i know.