Rams move up Power Rankings to 21

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams continued their up-and-down trend Sunday by destroying the Oakland Raiders 52-0.

It was the most complete win of the season for the Rams, though not their most impressive considering the opponent and the fact that they own victories against top teams like Denver and Seattle. Nonetheless, it was good enough to elevate the Rams two spots from last week to No. 21 in this week's ESPN NFL Power Rankings.

The Rams sit in a group of five teams with a record of 5-7. Of those teams, they rank behind only No. 19 New Orleans in terms of teams with that record. The 6-6 Houston Texans are directly in front of the Rams at No. 20 but they are followed by the other 5-7 teams, with Atlanta, Chicago and Minnesota occupying spot Nos. 22-24, respectively.

Personally, I ranked the Rams at 20th this week, ahead of the Saints. I think it's fair to say the Rams are the best of the 5-7 teams and they clearly have a more impressive resume than the other 5-7 teams.

With a chance to get consecutive wins for the first time in 2014 this week against the Washington Redskins, the Rams could break back into the teens for the first time since the preseason.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'd rate the Rams higher than the Saints too and if they played this weekend I think the Rams would win, even if they were on the road.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
PFT didn't raise us a bit. We are still at 23. I'm telling you no respect......no respect at all......

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
bullshit. they should be at the top of the 6-6 teams. even at 5-7. I'd love to hear these power ranking idiots try not to trip over their own words trying to explain their rankings.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You really have to wonder yet again if these guys watch any of the Rams games. I would put the Rams ahead of several of those teams supposedly ahead of us and I would drop teams like the Dolts, Cards (without Palmer), Bungals, Lions, and Ravens. Power rankings don't mean anything in reality. But if you think about the current Rams going head to head against these teams, they are WAY better than 21st.

Unfortunately - no matter what we say or these things say, we are 5-7 and likely out of the playoffs. So - meh.