Rams most blitz happy team?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ram007

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
because our d-line isn't good enough

That statement scares the sh*t out of me. I hope it is not true. I am surprised Rams blitz so much with poor secondary they have allowing for quick completions from opposing QBs

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Blitzing is awesome and I love it.

Remember two pick 6's were called back, maybe three. I know one was BS but had no replays at the game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Not just blitz happy but at the very worst times. It's cost us games. You don't blitz on 3rd and 16 with the game on the line. It has no purpose.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
because Williams is a moron and it looks borderline like sabotage sometimes. AND I believe all of our sacks have come from the Dline anyways. Play nickel D and I bet we get twice the sacks than 8 men in the box blitz packages.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Our D line was having trouble adjusting after chris went down hence why sacks we're hard to come by. But sending blitz after blitz after blitz is just stupid
How do you negate a blitz? throw screens and quick short routes which is exactly what teams have been doing. High completion passes then has williams thinking "damn I need to break the QB rhythm, send more blitz's" and around and around we go.

If I'm playing some div on madden throwing blitz after blitz after blitz- it's an easy game, hit them with slants and screens and ima grab that W thank you very much

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't mind blitzing, but ours don't seem to catch teams off guard. The pickup rate seems insanely high and rarely have we seen someone blow by mostly untouched (i.e. totally fooling them).

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't mind blitzing, but ours don't seem to catch teams off guard. The pickup rate seems insanely high and rarely have we seen someone blow by mostly untouched (i.e. totally fooling them).
This is why I'm losing faith in Williams. When teams know you're blitzing every damn down, they'll always have things planned to counter them. When teams know it's coming, it loses it's effectiveness. Even worse, we don't have the personnel to counter the other teams' counter, that is, good LB's/DB's that can defend screens, draws, quick outs, etc well.

Athos

Legend
Some people like blitzing all the time. I don't. It's counterproductive to everything I understand our defense to be. That is, great penetration rushing 4 guys on the line. All that blitzing is doing is sustaining drives for offenses imo. They'll just take the short dump off, get into manageable downs, and carve the D up, taking advantage of our LBs poor play.

I don't understand the philosophy of changing our defense so drastically. What we had was working and working like a charm. The only issues we had were, again, poor LB play and inexperienced DBs coupled with incorrect usage of said DBs.

GW's blitzes....well, teams see them coming from a mile away. Exotic blitzes, yea. Maybe. But they sure as heck aren't disguised very well. And players don't seem to be getting it either.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lets see, we blitz when they know we're going to. We don't get pressure on the QB. Cover guys don't cover well. Tacklers don't tackle well. When you look at all that its impressive that they're not giving up 6 TD's per game.

A55VA6

Legend
I like to blitz every now and then.. but we do it constantly and it never works.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
A lot of us here myself included were giddy over williams blitz happy defense when he joined the team.While it is frustrating that its not working yet,with the talent we have on this D they have to get better once everyone is healthy and they learn the defense inside out.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna blitz them, then I'm going to blitz them. Then when they least expect it, I'm going to blitz them.