Rams meet up with Moritz Boehringer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ews-rumors-and-buzz-on-german-wrs-draft-stock

German wide receiver Moritz Boehringer has the NFL community buzzing following a strong pro day workout, and his stock appears to be on the rise with the NFL draft fast approaching.

Continue for updates.

Boehringer Has 7 Team Visits Set
Friday, April 1
Andy Fenelon of NFL.com reported seven teams including the Chicago Bears, Los Angeles Rams, Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings and Denver Broncos.

Boehringer Runs 4.41-Second 40-Yard Dash
Friday, April 1
The NFL's official Twitter account posted footage of Boehringer's stellar 4.41-second sprint:

Working out in front of NFL personnel at Florida Atlantic University's pro day, the 6'4'', 227-pound pass-catcher also posted a 39-inch vertical jump, 10'11'' broad jump and 6.65-second three-cone drill, according to Fenelon, who listed his 40-yard dash at a slightly slower time of 4.43 seconds.

To put those numbers in perspective, a 4.41-second 40-yard dash would have ranked No. 3 among all wide receivers at this year's NFL combine, and his three-cone time would have tied Ohio State's Braxton Miller and ranked behind only Stanford's Devon Cajuste and California's Trevor Davis. The 10'11'' broad jump would have also been good for No. 2 among all combine receivers.

"I came here today knowing what I needed to do," Boehringer said, according to Fenelon. "But I didn't realize there was going to be so many people watching me."

However, NFL.com's Lance Zierlein pointed out that pristine pro day numbers won't make Boehringer a lock to be drafted:

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He's definitely a project since he was playing basically high school competition, but he's worth checking out. Might be a guy you stash for 2-3 years and then he tears it up. The guy is very physically talented. Those types of guys will always get drafted.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He picked a great WR class to come out in. For that reason he'll be gone by round 4. So many guys he automatically jumps just based on size/speed athleticism ratio.

Rookie season is gonna be rough, but if he's bright and works hard I think he's a player in this league.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Maybe our future TE? With the lack of attention to that position this off season, other than the Cook release, I could see us grabbing him and plugging him there... Not entirely sold on Henry.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would not want somebody that inexperienced blocking for the Rams. Much better to have him be a WR, running a few basic routes and counting on athleticism, and gradually adding plays to his playbook.

With his speed and size combo, I'd love to see him run a reverse.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Oh and btw, ^ that is effin insane.
Especially at his size. He is a beast, and has only played football a few years and hes german!! So you know hes gonna bust his ass and study like none other.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Would love to bring him on as a project guy. Put that sixth on him and see what happens.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Project players suck.....BQ83 anyone?..... If he's there in the 6th so be it but i'd rather he learn on another team and we can recruit off their PS.

Ram65

Legend
If Rams draft him I think he would be on the roster. Hard to hide him on the PS. If he is willing to play hard on Special Teams it could be worth the Rams taking him. His athletic ability gives him a shot.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if he absolutely loves football? If not, then who cares? Athletic freaks are fools gold, if they are not at least passionate about the game. He might be, but it makes me queezy to use any pick but 6th round or later...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
take him in the 5th if he is there have him return kicks and punts ,,,then if /when he is up to speed on the route tree

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
take him in the 5th if he is there have him return kicks and punts ,,,then if /when he is up to speed on the route tree

The Rams don't have a 5th - they used it to take Battle in the supplemental draft. And they have pretty good returners already.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams don't have a 5th - they used it to take Battle in the supplemental draft. And they have pretty good returners already.

the round is irrelevant really if they take him that's what id do ....yeah we have good returners and one more wont hurt especially one with the physical traits this guy has who could develop into a beast of WR

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If he's gone before the Rams can use a late round pick on him then they should draft one of those Jamaican 100 meter sprinters. The Jamaican is a lot faster and knows just as much about being a WR as this guy.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Especially at his size. He is a beast, and has only played football a few years and hes german!! So you know hes gonna bust his ass and study like none other.

Bust ass and study like no other because he is German?

o_O

I love a good size speed prospect as much as the next guy but football is still a game of skill.

Every year there are a few guys with these incredible measurables and they are just unstoppable on paper. But the game is played between the lines. A savvy corner can alter a running lane, disrupt timing, read your tendencies if you don't know how to disguise them. It's way more than a race out there - which is why these measurable guys only pan out every so often.

Ramses Barden, Fendi Onubun, Stephen Hill, Corderrelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Jon Baldwin .... There are all kinds of freaks out there who never really translate to the field at the NFL level.

This guy is maybe most similar to Jeff Janis - who went in the 7th round but is just now starting to come along. Still raw as sushi, but making a contribution thanks to raw tools and having Aaron Rodgers on his team.