Rams' Mason focused on 'doing me'/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you want to be a running team, you need depth that can get the job done so the game plan can remain the same no matter who's out there or who's healthy.

The Rams have the depth to pull this off now.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Mason better be cautious...I mean, if you did "well" no way in hell they draft Gurley. He did ok..so did Zac Stacy and you see where he is today...humble thy self young man...

Yeah, minus that 89 yards run vs. the Raiders (on a busted play by their defense) he only averaged 3.8 yards per carry.:whistle:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I like Mason, and I think he is going to be a good back for us but two things: He fumbled twice, not that alarming, but given he only had 179 attempts it could be worrisome; and they were both at crucial times. And he has tendency to run backwards to try and keep the play alive, I like he desire to make a big play but they all ended in a loss of 2 or more.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I am a big fan of Mason! The element here that figured into the Todd Gurley pick might be more involved as rest of the Ram RB'ers, not in any part of Mason' abilities.

Last seasons starting RB Benny Cunningham just did not perform the same as he did in the relief role in his rookie season. In 2013 he averaged 5.6 yards a carry in 2014 he averaged 3.7 a carry. Benny also lost two fumbles in critical times. Benny did show he was a good 3rd down back & can catch the ball well.

It was apparent that Zac Stacy was on his way out & it came real fast. Isaiah Pead blew out his knee & is still involved in rehabbing & not ready. I would think that the Ram Org. had inside information on the Tre Watts suspension. As far as Chase Reynolds even figuring in as a regular RB in the rotation doubtful.

So in conclusion our overall RB cadre may have had way too many questions that Snead & Fisher could live with. Mason's play & or abilities may have not entered the picture much.
P.S. it would not surprise me if the Rams end up with 3 new rookie RB's on this team.

Don't overthink this one, Bonifay.

I believe that they're very happy with the Gurley, Mason, and Cunningham trio. VERY happy, actually. Chase Reynolds probably sticks because of ST duties. So that leaves only one opening, doesn't it?

Pead MIGHT surprise in camp, but I'm not expecting it.

They might wait on Watts if he comes on strong in preseason. Or maybe not.

Maybe a single rookie blows it up in camp and sticks.

But any way I slice it, by this process of elimination, I can only see at most 2 rookie RB's this year. And one of them is Gurley.

A55VA6

Legend
I can understand Mason being surprised. But atleast he's saying the right things and will continue to work hard for this team.

Having a guy like Mason allows the Rams to be comfortable being patient with Gurley. Even with a healthy Gurley, Mason will get plenty of carries.