Rams lose: The Positives. Anti-knee jerk thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Health. No injuries I know of. This was my highest priority in this game.

Wade showing the balls to get Alexander out of the lineup. JJ played great and so did IJ.

We beat Seattle today. Literally up and down the feild moving the ball while their putrid offense couldn't do squat.

missed FG, two dropped TD passes, a bad ref call at the goaline. With a couple adjustments that is a 34-10 game.

Mcvay will grow from this. Wasted Timeouts, a few bad play calls. He will get better I guarantee it.

Goff showed that Franchise QB look with huge pass after huge pass. Excellent pocket presence and an added bonus to his game of tucking and running.

We kicked Seattle's butt today and they know it. They aren't getting stupid breaks next time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, I'm proud of Jared Goff. He didn't really have that good of a game, but he flashed Greatness, and that final minute drive with no timeouts was incredible, because NONE OF THOSE THROWS were easy and were thrown as lasers. I'm okay with Cooper Kupp dropping the ball, he is a rookie. The only thing I think Goff really needs to improve on is the wobbly ball. Every time I see his signature wobbly ball I get anxious, and nervous because I think that wobble slows down the velocity of the ball (somebody needs to confirm if it does indeed decrease velocity).

yep, goff calmed alot of nerves about him in that last drive. in the clutch he can deliver. just too bad that ball was dropped. i bet the next time it will be a td.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
This felt like the kind of game that a young team was probably always going to experience at some point and will learn from. And when I say young team, that includes McVay. Everyone will learn from this and get better.

Despite that, on that last drive with not much more than one minute and no timeouts, Goff was absolute money. That throw to Higbee was incredible and Kupp dropped what I actually thought was an easier catch than one he made near the sideline earlier in the game where he had to seemingly double in length. Not used to seeing Kupp drop a ball once he's got both hands on it.

This team is going places people.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Thanks for this thread @Mojo Ram

• Goff actually had a good day. I'd say 8-10 of his throws were catchable drops, low effort receiver or great pass breakups. His last drive was 3 phenomenal throws to Higbee, Woods and Kupp. Kupp hangs on and Jared is the toast of the town.
  • Higbee really had a great game. Some clutch catches
  • Woods has become very reliable.
  • Tavon should never see another punt, but had a couple nice plays, of course his TD.
  • Pharoh Cooper, Malcom Brown also had some great efforts
  • Very impressed by the defense today. John Johnson and Cody Davis were excellent in fill in roles.
  • Barron and Ogletree really showed up finally. I also thought Quinn showed some life today!
  • Our D-line was very disruptive. Of course AD and Brockers, but also Longacre.

Sappy113

Rookie
The loss sucks, and it eats at me, but mostly due to the fact that this game was there for the taking. Even with as sloppy a game the team played, we still should've been able to win it. Clean up that game, and we put a beat-down on Seattle. The positive obviously is that this team will grow and learn, and once they do get a little more experience, this team will be a force. Gotta respond now, though. Dropping back to 3-3 would feel like mediocrity sneaking back in.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's put it this way. How many times do you think these things could have happened BY THEMSELVES:
1. A Rams player fumbles as he's about to score giving Seattle the ball at the 20?
  • I remember this happening a handful of times over the past five years, so maybe ONCE PER SEASON.
2. Greg Zuerlein missing a field goal inside 40 yards.
  • In six years in the NFL, Zuerlein has missed seven FGs inside 40 yards, so about ONCE PER SEASON.
3. Jared Goff throwing an INT on a screen pass.
  • I'd venture to guess at most TWO OR THREE TIMES PER SEASON.
4. Cooper Kupp dropping a pass while open in the end-zone.
  • I'd venture to guess at most TWICE PER SEASON.
All four of these things happened today. If any of the four do not happen, we likely win this game. This was a completely flukey game.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't read thorough all the posts... I'm sure someone said it...

To me, there was only one positive... but it took most of the sting out of the loss for me.

We nearly won that game! It was that close.

Live... and learn (I'm talking to you McVay).

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
John Fucking Johnson!!!! Look at him...must have had 4 passes defensed.....If you play safety you gotta get your hands on some balls....no, not those kinds.

I really liked our last drive....thought sunsetsinwest threw some good balls....winning balls...I wish that one ball was thrown at Sammy FUCKING Watson! But....oh well.

Tavon is a hell of a running back!

Son of Bum's defense is coming along....I think we'll have new starters at ILB and SS in a couple games....Littleton & Barron...thought I saw Littleton starting????

Ogletree & Barron played pretty well after some heat.

Aaron Donald needs his money.....He can wreck a team all by himself.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Losing sucks, there are no moral victories etc. I get all that.
All I can say, is that I much prefer to see our QB staying in the pocket, avoiding rush and throwing the ball DOWN THE FIELD. Sure, there were other options, but if we are going down in flames, I'd rather see our QB take shots instead of the Bradford/Keenum check down immediately.
The offense showed flashes of GSOT on that last drive. No time outs, playing against one of the best secondaries and boom! down the field in 3 plays.
I am certain they will learn a crap load from this game and become better for it

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff was off the majority of the day but the kid showed me a lot of guts . He hasn't even played a full season yet .

Psycho_X

Legend
giphy.gif

Micah

UDFA
Name
Micah
- Pretty solid showing by the defense. 13 pts allowed to a pretty good QB
- Rams were in it until the end despite a plethora of turnovers
- Offensive line held there own and looked pretty strong against one of the best defensive fronts in the league
- Tyler Higbee
- J.Johnson
- Robert Woods
- Rams are still in first place

I think McVay will learn from this.
Seahawk fan here I totally agree this Ram team is for real. 2 team race from here on out. Great game and we were fortunate to get the breaks for once and sneak out with a W

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-seattle-seahawks-16-los-angeles-rams-10/

LAR-Rams-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:

DE Aaron Donald, 96.8 overall grade

S Cody Davis, 88.4 overall grade

S John Johnson III, 88.2 overall grade

LB Mark Barron, 86.8 overall grade

CB Kayvon Webster, 86.5 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

QB JARED GOFF, 60.0 OVERALL GRADE

When you go up against the Legion of Boom, you find those windows that little bit smaller than you’re used to. Goff, who came into the game completing 66.7. percent of his passes, was off target throughout, unable to challenge the aggressive Seahawks coverage unit consistently.

He was unfortunate with both of his interceptions to some degree, but he just wasn’t accurate enough, especially outside the numbers. There he completed just three of 14 passes thrown further than 10 yards down the field and beyond the numbers, a figure that is not good enough.

TE TYLER HIGBEE, 82.6 OVERALL GRADE
His blocking may not inspire confidence, but a career day by Higbee showed another weapon developing in this young and exciting Rams offense. His ability to work the middle of the field and down the seam in particular could really a dimension to this attack, and caused Seattle a lot of problems. His 3.63 yards per route for the game were the fourth-most of any tight end this week.

DI AARON DONALD, 96.8 OVERALL GRADE
In what was a dominant matchup that many predicted, Donald absolutely manhandled the Seattle offensive line all game long. He made three solo run stops that contributed to his 94.9 run defense grade. Then he racked up two quarterback hits and eight additional hurries rushing the passer. That led to a pass-rush grade of 91.7 for the game.

S CODY DAVIS, 88.4 OVERALL GRADE
Davis was impressive all game long for the Rams defense, as he helped keep the Seahawks passing game under control. Davis was only targeted three times as the primary coverage player, but he didnt allow a catch and had one pass defense and an interception. He also added three solo defensive stops which helped lead to his second-highest grade of the game.

PFF GAME BALL: AARON DONALD, DI

donald-game-ball-768x430.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
- Pretty solid showing by the defense. 13 pts allowed to a pretty good QB
- Rams were in it until the end despite a plethora of turnovers
- Offensive line held there own and looked pretty strong against one of the best defensive fronts in the league
- Tyler Higbee
- J.Johnson
- Robert Woods
- Rams are still in first place

I think McVay will learn from this.
I loved the way our "D" Looked! Donald - John Johnson - Ogletree - Quinn - Lonacre - Webster ALL played really well!

I'm Looking forward to seeing McVay Have a Great game next week! And Wade's "D" will show the Jag's who has the BEST "D"!

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I'm happy with Cody Davis for now... shows some serious speed and range... anything we can do to stop the big play the better out D will be.

Micah

UDFA
Name
Micah
How would it ever be embarrassing the Rams are a playoff team guaranteed. The WC will come out of the west at least one of them.