Rams Looking To Install Kneel Formation Attack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
ROD Reports. Ned Flanders 6/29/16
"Let's Take a Knee Guys"
:flanders: It has become increasingly clear in recent days that the Los Angeles Rams are intending to go into the 2016 season with the conservative "Kneel" formation as their primary Offensive strategy.

"Look, we have a Rookie quarterback, a stout and opportunistic defense, a strong, young offensive line...and a great kicking and return game...It just makes sense," said a source inside the Rams organization.

Despite ridiculous recent reports that the Rams may be downloading the Spread Offense, our inside source demurred, "too risky. I think they are going Kneel Down."

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, the source cited the problems with opening things up too soon for the young quarterback, Jared Goff. "I mean, did you see him at the end of OTAs? He threw, what, 4-5 picks? I think William Hayes even pulled one down! Does that sound like a guy who is ready for the Seahawks and Cardinals?" He noted.

The source also cited recent wise observations by notable football experts Steve Wyche and Soloman Wilcots. "I mean, these guys know what they are saying. Those reports...(he bit his lip and looked off into the distance) are devastating."

Fisher_SS--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.png

Our unflappable source within Rams camp spent a few minutes with us, shortly after OTAs wrapped up. The devastating evidence of the switch in strategy came from a confirmed audio transcript of Jeff Fisher gathering the team together at the end of the last OTA practice, "Alright bring it in!...take a knee guys." and Fisher proceeded to outline his strategy, some guys listened attentively, while others drank water and nodded.
13413739_10154836589888484_592798587316119667_n.jpg

Key in the Kneel Formation, or "Victory" Formation, as it has come to be known, is the coordination between the young signal caller Goff, Center Tim Barnes, and star Runner Todd Gurley, who will be called on to protect Goff after successful snaps.

"Look there is still danger involved. We are going to get a lot of short fields, thanks to this great defense, our great punter, Johnny Hekker. If We can just hang onto the ball, get it to fourth down, we can put it in the hands of Greg Zuerline, and boom! We're talking money. A field goal here, a pick six or safety there, pretty soon we're talking about real points."

Victory burst.gif

If true, this presumed new strategy is not without risk. The source did note that occasionally the Rams OC Scott Boros was planning on throwing in the occasional surprise off tackle handoff to star runner Gurley, or if teams really load the box, a jet sweep to Tavon Austin. "But for the most part...you know... the kneel down."

It is thought that one of the goals of this strategy, in addition to being risk-averse, is to lead the league in turnover ratio. A pretty ambitious goal, to be sure.

Additionally, line integrity is crucial. Some teams may plan to meet the Rams Kneel Down juggernaut with a more aggressive approach. The Rams plan to be ready for that as well. "My guess is that some light hearted games of 'Red Rover' are not out of the question. Really create wall integrity, and team unity."

Precautionary tales of the famous "Miracle at the Meadowlands" debacle, the play that brought on the now standard formation, will no doubt be film room fodder, as the Rams return to camp at the end of July.

View: https://youtu.be/GuXyDYT_xO8

Thus, the Victory Formation was devised, to prevent such a disaster in the future. It basically is usually employed when a team has the ball, and the game at hand, with little time on the clock. But as our source says, why limit it's effectiveness to the end of the game. "I mean...it's a victory formation. It should bring confidence and self esteem to the players...who would be against that?"

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Lets hope the kneel down doesn't get out of control and lead to more of this type of sportsmanship. Was it Kap that tried to kneel into the end-zone on us and a mysterious fumble recovery happened?

kapfum.0.gif

8019780149_38b4803ce2_o.gif

washknee.0.gif

Last edited:

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
"Let's Take a Knee Guys"
:flanders: It has become increasingly clear in recent days that the Los Angeles Rams are intending to go into the 2016 season with the conservative "Kneel" formation as their primary Offensive strategy.

Hope we have time to put in some good second down punting formations.NOTHING throws a defense off it's game
like a unsuspecting punt.plus that's a couple extra downs that we don't have to expose Jared .He would then only have to focus
on 1st and 2nd down kneeling formations.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope we have time to put in some good second down punting formations.NOTHING throws a defense off it's game
like a unsuspecting punt.plus that's a couple extra downs that we don't have to expose Jared .He would then only have to focus
on 1st and 2nd down kneeling formations.
Yes. Yes. Very risk-averse. :mrburnsevil:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

tavian

Yes. Yes. Very risk-averse. :mrburnsevil:

I wasn't quite sure what to do.you know I thought I had an idea.but then I was like no I don't have an Idea
I was scared to say anything,I was thinking what if everyone hates me because I thought I had an Idea and
then I thought well maybe they would like my Idea and than I was like that's so stupid.nobody is going to like
your Idea.You know I just didn't want to take a chance of coming of as indecisive.I think.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Obviously, this post was satire, in response to that rediculous piece about the Rams adopting the Spread Offense, simply based on one Jeff Fisher comment about "spreading it out" in the passing game.

I thought an equally rediculous and speculative piece, turning a standard coach directive at the end of practice, "take a knee guys," and projecting it into a declared Fisher offensive strategy of a Kneel Down offense, would be fun, and highlight the rediculous mess of the "Spread" article.

(At one point I actually started convincing myself that Kneel Down might take the NFL by storm. (n))

Anyway, hopefully we are in store for something closer to GSOT! Thanks

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Obviously, this post was satire, in response to that rediculous piece about the Rams adopting the Spread Offense, simply based on one Jeff Fisher comment about "spreading it out" in the passing game.

I thought an equally rediculous and speculative piece, turning a standard coach directive at the end of practice, "take a knee guys," and projecting it into a declared Fisher offensive strategy of a Kneel Down offense, would be fun, and highlight the rediculous mess of the "Spread" article.

(At one point I actually started convincing myself that Kneel Down might take the NFL by storm. (n))

Anyway, hopefully we are in store for something closer to GSOT! Thanks
I enjoyed it.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
"Let's Take a Knee Guys"

"Look, we have a Rookie quarterback, a stout and opportunistic defense, a strong, young offensive line...and a great kicking and return game...It just makes sense," said a source inside the Rams organization.

Despite ridiculous recent reports that the Rams may be downloading the Spread Offense, our inside source demurred, "too risky. I think they are going Kneel Down."

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, the source cited the problems with opening things up too soon for the young quarterback, Jared Goff. "I mean, did you see him at the end of OTAs? He threw, what, 4-5 picks? I think William Hayes even pulled one down! Does that sound like a guy who is ready for the Seahawks and Cardinals?" He noted.

The source also cited recent wise observations by notable football experts Steve Wyche and Soloman Wilcots. "I mean, these guys know what they are saying. Those reports...(he bit his lip and looked off into the distance) are devastating."

View attachment 14491

Our unflappable source within Rams camp spent a few minutes with us, shortly after OTAs wrapped up. The devastating evidence of the switch in strategy came from a confirmed audio transcript of Jeff Fisher gathering the team together at the end of the last OTA practice, "Alright bring it in!...take a knee guys." and Fisher proceeded to outline his strategy, some guys listened attentively, while others drank water and nodded.
View attachment 14489

Key in the Kneel Formation, or "Victory" Formation, as it has come to be known, is the coordination between the young signal caller Goff, Center Tim Barnes, and star Runner Todd Gurley, who will be called on to protect Goff after successful snaps.

"Look there is still danger involved. We are going to get a lot of short fields, thanks to this great defense, our great punter, Johnny Hekker. If We can just hang onto the ball, get it to fourth down, we can put it in the hands of Greg Zuerline, and boom! We're talking money. A field goal here, a pick six or safety there, pretty soon we're talking about real points."

View attachment 14490
If true, this presumed new strategy is not without risk. The source did note that occasionally the Rams OC Scott Boros was planning on throwing in the occasional surprise off tackle handoff to star runner Gurley, or if teams really load the box, a jet sweep to Tavon Austin. "But for the most part...you know... the kneel down."

It is thought that one of the goals of this strategy, in addition to being risk-averse, is to lead the league in turnover ratio. A pretty ambitious goal, to be sure.

Additionally, line integrity is crucial. Some teams may plan to meet the Rams Kneel Down juggernaut with a more aggressive approach. The Rams plan to be ready for that as well. "My guess is that some light hearted games of 'Red Rover' are not out of the question. Really create wall integrity, and team unity."

Precautionary tales of the famous "Miracle at the Meadowlands" debacle, the play that brought on the now standard formation, will no doubt be film room fodder, as the Rams return to camp at the end of July.

View: https://youtu.be/GuXyDYT_xO8

Thus, the Victory Formation was devised, to prevent such a disaster in the future. It basically is usually employed when a team has the ball, and the game at hand, with little time on the clock. But as our source says, why limit it's effectiveness to the end of the game. "I mean...it's a victory formation. It should bring confidence and self esteem to the players...who would be against that?"

giphy.gif

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I wasn't quite sure what to do.you know I thought I had an idea.but then I was like no I don't have an Idea
I was scared to say anything,I was thinking what if everyone hates me because I thought I had an Idea and
then I thought well maybe they would like my Idea and than I was like that's so stupid.nobody is going to like
your Idea.You know I just didn't want to take a chance of coming of as indecisive.I think.

.....what's your idea? the double-decker couch??

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
the "Kneel", most exciting play in football!
Now you're talking! :football::homercrawl::yay::yay::yay:<-------- I mean, which guy is least likely to get hurt? I rest my case. No major injuries. I think we are onto something. Stay tuned Bubba. This is going to be a restful year!!!

tavian

KNEEL 42 KNEEL 42.......OMAHA!!!
tempAP_36099238675--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Coach Boras -"For the love of Pete!,Jared hold on to the freakin ball when you Kneel!!

So I was supposed to kneel there.but instead I kneeled there?OK I think I have it.
c7e33833513d21b924846febab79ceb0

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This formation will come in handy during 4th qtrs, no need to risk injury or run up the score.