Rams looking at Steve Keim for GM spot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@mikejurecki Mike Jurecki
St. Louis Rams have asked permission 2 interview Cards Director Player Personnel Steve Keim re GM position, Keim entering his 13 yrs w/ Az.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I guess they're just hedging their bets here? I'm so confused. Demoff said they don't put any priority on who gets hired first - GM or HC, and then you hear about how Fisher would be the one to pick the GM, and they're interviewing him for HC, so that would mean this GM search would be moot if he's hired as HC.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
St. Louis Rams have asked permission 2 interview Cards Director Player Personnel Steve Keim re GM position, Keim entering his 13 yrs w/ Az.

I guess they're just hedging their bets here? I'm so confused. Demoff said they don't put any priority on who gets hired first - GM or HC, and then you hear about how Fisher would be the one to pick the GM, and they're interviewing him for HC, so that would mean this GM search would be moot if he's hired as HC.
We're seeing evidence of organizational dysfunction right now, which is pretty disappointing given all the rhetoric we've been fed about the new owner and his tight operating style.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:

No, you just have to keep the process moving, there are no guarantees, who will be coach or GM. Fisher won't hand pick who they hire, he will add input though, if hired, and the Rams have to try to make sure that the coach and the GM work well together--have the same or similar vision.

If the Rams just asked permission to interview Keim, after the Fisher interview, maybe Fisher asked them to take a look at him. But chances are he was just next on the Rams list. I don't see any connection between the two, Keim's been with Arizona for many years.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'd be questioning the hiring process if they interviewed Dawson right after Fisher.

But they didn't.